Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
dsmith70
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have been trying to install the Pro 3 floodlight today with no luck. I couldn't line up the lock screw properly and when I turned the housing there was no click. After several attempts, I realized that the lock screw wasn't lining up with the bottom hole properly. Now, the lock screw is stripped. I believe that it came inserted in the housing incorrectly, I was never able to screw it all the way out. It was loose initially but then past a certain point it would just be stuck (unless that it how it is designed). 

Can I purchase a new housing or a new lock screw (assuming I'll be able to remove it at all). 

This is incredibly frustrating for a single female with a need for a security camera asap. 

Thanks for any tips. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Telgar
Initiate
Initiate

So after I finally decided to just get an under the eaves mount, I figured I had nothing to lose if I accidentally broke the mounting plate that came with the cameras.  Using pliers to get a good grip on the screw, I was able to snap it it into place.  Turns out that is the issue.  Nothing wrong with plate, I was just too hesitant to apply enough force (and needed a better grip than screwing it on with my hands).

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The fastest thing may be to swap at the store. Otherwise use the Contact Support link at the bottom here to see if they'll send you one.

dsmith70
Aspirant
Aspirant
I bought the unit off Amazon.

Do you know if the lock screw comes out? It seems to have two small metal plates or washers on either side of the housing.

Thanks
dcfox1
Master
Master

If you bought it a Amazon and are within 30 days they have an easy return/exchange policy  you can do online. Even so it has a 1 year warranty with Arlo since Amazon is an authorized dealer. 

Can't answer you last question as I do not have the Floodlight version.

EDIT:  Amazon now has until Jan 31 to return on most items if bought recently. 

jwood1
Star
Star

Another option:  take the whole bracket into an Ace hardware and ask if they can find a screw that will work. The reason I say Ace hardware is that they usually have a lot of specialty hardware and knowledgeable folks eager to help.  A larger sheet metal screw with tapered threads might bite into the plastic well enough to lock it into place.

I agree that the setscrew is a weak point in the design.

Good luck 

Telgar
Initiate
Initiate
Glad to see this. I just bought 3 of the floodlights and all have the same issue. Thought maybe I was missing something obvious.
Telgar
Initiate
Initiate

So after I finally decided to just get an under the eaves mount, I figured I had nothing to lose if I accidentally broke the mounting plate that came with the cameras.  Using pliers to get a good grip on the screw, I was able to snap it it into place.  Turns out that is the issue.  Nothing wrong with plate, I was just too hesitant to apply enough force (and needed a better grip than screwing it on with my hands).

dsmith70
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, you're right! I had to get a friend's husband to come over and he had the same trouble. Finally he was able to use a tool to help turn and lock into place. So frustrating! 

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation