Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Floodlight light staying on.

Discussion stats
Electricity
Aspirant
Aspirant
This problem started yesterday, I have my settings the same. Floodlight to turn on when recording then shuts off. Since yesterday the floodlight continues to stay on until I have to turn it off. I have the floodlight set for 1minute but it exceeds that. The light will literally stay on all night. I reset my modem, took the battery out, factory reset the floodlights, completely removed the lights from my system and re-added them. They we’re working great before. If motion activated it, it would record with the lights on for 70seconds then shut off. Now it records for 70seconds but leaves the lights on until I notice! Please help! This is happening with multiple floodlights not just 1.
33 REPLIES 33
Battista
Aspirant
Aspirant
So what doer do in the meantime? Charge the battery every day?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you tried removing and re-onboarding the camera?

gowense
Aspirant
Aspirant
Restarting the base unit AND taking the battery out and putting it back in does not work! It’s 2022 and it appears this issue has still not been fixed by Arlo Support. I’m very close to just returning the product and asking for my money back.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

But have you tried removing and re-onboarding the camera? AT the end, you can use your return privilege at the store or use Settings, Support in the app to start the replacement of a faulty camera process. Why beat your head against that brick wall when a replacement may well solve the problem?

gowense
Aspirant
Aspirant
UPDATE: Last night I did remove the floodlight from the Hub and re-added it and it appeared to fix the issue; at least temporarily. I don’t have a lot of confidence but I will continue to monitor it for the next few days.
Mohssen
Tutor
Tutor

I'm using Wi-fi instead of Hub and have no problem with this issue. Maybe

it's worth trying with wi-fi.

kind Regards

//Mohssen

gowense
Aspirant
Aspirant
Can you provide the KB article which outlines how to setup a floodlight on just the WIFI when you have a hub?
Mohssen
Tutor
Tutor

I don't know what you mean by KB- article. If you want to use the camera only with wi-fi you have to reset it and follow the instructions, you will be asked if you want to setup the camera with wi-fi or Hub. You choose wi-fi.

you can't use both! 

gowense
Aspirant
Aspirant
KB means “knowledge base”…sorry, I’m in IT so sometimes it’s hard for me to remember to turn off my technical “speak”. If my floodlight starts to do the thing again, I’ll try to set it up without being connected to the base.
Discussion stats