Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Urgent: Activate Two-Step Verification
Arlo requires all users to activate two-step verification to continue to access your recordings, devices, and account.
Please enable this feature now. Learn More.

Arlo Floodlight light staying on.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
Electricity
Aspirant
Aspirant
This problem started yesterday, I have my settings the same. Floodlight to turn on when recording then shuts off. Since yesterday the floodlight continues to stay on until I have to turn it off. I have the floodlight set for 1minute but it exceeds that. The light will literally stay on all night. I reset my modem, took the battery out, factory reset the floodlights, completely removed the lights from my system and re-added them. They we’re working great before. If motion activated it, it would record with the lights on for 70seconds then shut off. Now it records for 70seconds but leaves the lights on until I notice! Please help! This is happening with multiple floodlights not just 1.
Model: FB1001 | Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Electricity,

The development team is investigating reports of this issue. I will provide an update as soon as I know more.

JamesC

Electricity
Aspirant
Aspirant
By chance do you have an ETA for the hot fix? Having more problems, the floodlights are now staying on even when I try to shut them off through the app they will not turn off, I tried to reset and power off while the lights were on since it wasn’t letting me turn them down. I had to physically grab my ladder and remove the battery in order for them to shut off the lights. I have no idea why my system is messing up. Everything was great for a month or so..
Rasho
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same is happening with me and just started too. Light settings are for 1min and that is fine when I turn on.
However, when floodlight triggered by motion it turns on and doesn't go off and the '1min' isn't above flashlight in the app. My battery is draining very fast. Has a recent FW update caused this?
TeemuH
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem.

Kevmisty
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have had mine for 4 days, did the firmware update and put the light up. I have had to charge it every single day because the light just stays on. Bought the solar panel today because I haven’t moved my ladder I the last 3 days because of the issue. Really close to boxing it all back up and returning. Only had the 4 cameras and 1 floodlight for a week now. What a hard system to keep up and running
pent
Tutor
Tutor

Hi JamesC, 

Do you have any updates regarding this issue? I haven't noticed it myself, but I have noticed that motion detection during the day on the pro3 floodlight will stay "on" for an extended amount of time. Sometimes it even persists after rebooting the device. 

Whenever I notice the issue, i will power off the camera for ~10 minutes, turn it back on, and the motion detection icon goes back to functioning normally. I would imagine that if this happened to me at night, I would notice the same thing that others are noticing: the floodlight staying on all night.

gmace001
Aspirant
Aspirant
Do not believe the lie that this issue is being worked on. It isn’t. I reported this last year and many others complained as well. James said it was being worked on. I sent in logs, allowed the device to be put into a dev mode so they could monitor it, all for nothing. I was given nothing for my time and annoyance other than a dismissal of my ongoing problem. They released an update that did nothing. Then marked my thread as SOLVED. Well, that was a lie. It still does it. It’s a garbage product and even worse customer service. Return it if you can and run.
Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation