Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 11 In Conversation
Momiji
Follower
Follower
Hi,

Today our Arlo floodlight pro 3 said it could not connect. It was blinking slowly with about four seconds between blinking blue lights.

It will not scam a QR code and when we hold down the zinc button the amber light doesn’t blink for the factory reset.

We tried plugging it in and it blinks rapidly 14 times then ends with a solid blue light lasting about two seconds.

We have taken the battery out and still no change.

How can we fix this?

Cheers

Chris
15 REPLIES 15
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Momiji,

Is this happening during a first time installation or was the camera already connected and had been showing online on your account before dropping offline?

JamesC

Amcneil
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same exact problem. Mine worked fine until I connection to recharge and now it is doing what he described.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Amcneil,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

Azam8707
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hey, did you end up getting yours to work? I had the same problem with my first floodlight in July. I exchanged it. Now the new one is having the same problem.
DHB-DEN
Initiate
Initiate

I have the exact same problem - unable to connect/pair with Base (via App), as first-time pairing, regardless what I do. It flashes Blue, I can scan SQ-code etc, but all in vain

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Azam8707, DHB-DEN

Have you made sure to charge the camera fully before attempt the sync process? Do you still experience the same behavior?

JamesC

DHB-DEN
Initiate
Initiate

Confirm battery is fully charges - makes no difference.

I have send the product back to retailer, from where I bought it, as CLEARLY something wrong with it....!

rhabdox1
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have exactly the same problem with first occurred a few days ago. 1 of my Arlo Floodlights connects no problems, the other just won't. I have tried resetting the modem, removed everything from my smart plan then added again, tried all of the above on another network/modem. I still can only connect the one Floodlight.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

rhabdox1,

Given the troubleshooting you've already done, it appears this issue is going to take more in-depth troubleshooting to resolve. I recommend contacting Arlo support and opening a ticket to further investigate the issue.

Arlo Support Team

JamesC

144edward
Initiate
Initiate
This is a key problem that Arlo simply have no solution for. I bought 4 lights and am having the same problem with two of them. Both were connected, then fell off and I can’t reconnect them or reset them. Major bug and when you can’t factory reset a product then you know you’ve got very buggy software
jwood1
Star
Star

Having just connected three Pro4 and one Pro3 floodlight multiple times, I can offer some suggestions.  I too had problems with a few cams, but if you are patient, and re-set everything, and re-connect from the beginning, it should work (at least it worked for me).

1. If you have a dual band router, make sure your cell phone is connected to the 2.4 Ghz band.

2. Place the camera you are connecting in the same room with the router or base, and move all other cams to another room to avoid potential interference (I dont really know for sure if this is necessary, but thats what I do.

3. Remove and replace the battery.  When the blue light stops blinking, perform a factory reset; Hold down the sync button for 15 sec until you see the amber light blink three times (release the button as soon as the light blinks once)

4.  Completely close the Arlo app on you phone, then re-open it and go through the add device routine. 

LEONACIR
Initiate
Initiate
MAKE SURE ON THE:

SSID: 2.4 this is the name of the connection on ur hm router.

PASSWORD: IT'S UR HM WIFI PASSWORD. Not Ur ARLO ACCOUNT PASSWORD.

JUZ OPEN TODAY & HAD THE SAME ISSUES. LOOK CLOSURE AT WHAT I WAS DOING & THE MISTAKE I WAS MAKING WAS. I WAS LOGGING INTO MY ARLO ACC. INSTEAD OF MY HM ROUTER. USING MY WIFI PASSCODE.

Ivanbxl
Aspirant
Aspirant

Blue blinking light. Tried all possible screens, angles and lighting - it does notconnect.what to do?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Ivanbxl,

Please provide more details about what you're experiencing. At what point do you see the issue? What error messages do you see?

JamesC

Indigo17
Aspirant
Aspirant

I want to add to what jwood and Leanacir mentioned from my own experience with my 4 cameras:

• My silliest mistake.. make sure you are on the original Arlo account that set up the camera network! I made a second account with full admin rights for my phone and kept trying.. and failing to sync any cameras. I had to log out and back into the main account to achieve success!
  • Make sure your phone, hub, or computer you are using with Arlo to sync is on the same 2.4 Ghz channel as the cameras and receives a strong to good signal
    • I have 2, 2.4 Ghz channels and would get to the point it would read the QR code but never link and it was due to my phone being on the other 2.4 GHz channel, that was a wifi range extender.
  • Check the wifi/hub password you're using (not the Arlo account PW). An incorrect password will get you to the QR scanning step, but won't sync.
  • Much like smart connections (e.g Tuya, Hue) you should remove the battery/power for 15 seconds before trying to sync. Not removing the power will not fully enable the camera to resync, even if you have a fast blinking blue light AND the bell ringing from the QR code
  • I had more luck syncing my 4 cameras the closer I was to my router. Syncing at the other end of my small house was not nearly as successful. Syncing outside or above the rafter level was even less successful.
  • Check your wifi/hub's range and use a stud finder, looking for electrical interference where your camera is. Maybe you are not getting constant, strong wifi/hub access at that point? My back camera was getting connection issues about 33% of the time. Moving it over a few feet and below the rafters level of my attic reduced my down time to < 1% of the time. If there is a lot of electrical wiring in the wall where you set up your camera it could interfere with the signal. I reused the originals holes for the solar panel 🙂
Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 11 In Conversation