Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight requires a subscription?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Shortluck45
Initiate
Initiate

I bought the Pro 3 Flood light last night. No where in the directions or online searching did it say I had to have a subscription to view the video from my app library. Is there any way to get around this or is that just Arlo's way of suckering people into having to spend money each month? If so I might as well get an ADT or CPI plan and at least they give me the cameras and all for free. Arlo should have at least made it more clear that the floodlight cameras require a subscription. Someone please help if you can tell me how to fix this. 

Also my base station is not using the up to date firmware and I have unplugged and powered off this thing at least three times and it still will not download the latest firmware for it. Can someone please help with this?

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you read the box where it says a 3 month trial subscription is included? Any camera newer than the Pro 2 requires a subscription for cloud recordings. Check Settings, Subscription for options and prices.

How do know the base's firmware isn't up to date? Have you compared it to what's listed here in the Firmware Release Notes section? Normally, updates occur automatically overnight so check again. 

Indigo17
Aspirant
Aspirant

I don't use the base station for my 2 Arlo floodlights and 2 Arlo Q since they run off wifi. If you have the wifi you could cut the cost of your investment and return the base (Which could also fix your firmware issues!). I believe the base does have the option to use a SD card to save to, though I don't think you could do constant video recording (CVR) with that. If you aren't plugged in you can't to CVR, either. If you don't want the cloud access and monthly sub I think that's your only choice to avoid the $10 for cloud or $20 for CVR sub. The big difference IMO from ADT is ADT is about $55 per month for video plus $100 min installation with a 2-3 yr contract against the DIY cheaper over long run, if equipment keeps up, Arlo. 

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation