Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
tonyhua
Tutor
Tutor

hi all,

see photo I attached

can someone explain to me that the screenshot below not look like 1080p, the center of this image look like below 720p, I selected "Best Video" option in setting but look terrible

All objects from 1-2 meters are totally blurred and distorted

please advise

thanks

9 REPLIES 9
Retired_Member
Not applicable

After the app update my videos from library are no longer 1080p. 

tonyhua
Tutor
Tutor
i view it as stream or take screenshot, same quality, it focused on the side wall
SolarDude
Star
Star

I have had the Pro and Pro 2 cameras and both of them looked better and more focused than that so there must be something wrong with your camera or camera lens. 

Make sure the protective sticker is taken off the camera since it's clear and make sure the lens is clean.

ITNinja1
Apprentice
Apprentice
Dont quote me but I want to say I read somewhere a while back that even though you may choose best video quality. The system will still do some sort of auto adjustment to the quality of video if the signal is bad or there is interference from other electrical equipment. While it tries to get best video it is more like best under current circumstances.
st_shaw
Master Master
Master

The picture you posted has no issues with resolution.  It has an issue with focus.  It looks like something is on the lens--like grease or fingerprints.  First, clean the lens and see if that helps.  If not, then there could be an issue with the camera.

meier3283
Guide
Guide

The image size is 1280 x 720.   And, also fuzzy.  I'd make sure it's clean, but then also can you confirm for us that you have the Arlo Pro 2?

I saved a video from my Arlo Pro 2, and it was 1920 x 1072. The expected 1080p

tonyhua
Tutor
Tutor
here is my current firmware, will upload more photos
st_shaw
Master Master
Master

When I save a screenshot from the Arlo Pro2 live view it gets saved as 1280x720 also.  So, the screenshots are 720p, not 1080p.  That doesn't mean the video is 720p though.

The image you posted is blurry, not low resolution. The image is not up to par, but the problem is either a dirty lens or something internal to the camera that you cannot fix.

Before you upload more photos, please clean the lens. If that doesn't help then there may be a problem internal to the camera that would require an RMA.

tonyhua
Tutor
Tutor

update!

I just talk to the Netgear's Rep

we finally confirmed that my camera is detected and need to be returned

thanks

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation