Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Best Practices Of Using 5 Camera Pro 2 For In House Nanny Monitoring

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Rayda
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just got a 5 camera Pro 2 bundle from Costco to use it indoor as nanny cam, to watch the nanny in different rooms. While I'm exploring the functions and features like CVR, subscriptions, etc., I was wondering if anyone has recommendations for me as the best practice or if they had a similar situation, and how did they settle eventually?

To me paying for CVR isn't reasonable, as there are other cheaper 1080P solutions that support CVR to local storage for free. Also the motion activated recording is missing first 1 second. On the other hand plugging the camera defeats the wire-free feature. I really like to keep them, but need some help fine-tune, understand, and justify it for myself. Thanks in advance!

8 REPLIES 8
slompochomp
Luminary
Luminary

For everyday use you should be fine with Arlo. If you go with another wired system your going to have to run power and network lines. I would say for the average user the Arlo system works good. Keep in mind every system has it's pros and cons. Also play around with the Arlo system and get familiar with it's fetures befor you decide to pay for the services.

If You Got Em....I'll Chew Em!

Netgear & Arlo Beta Tester
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Rayda,

Can you provide more details regarding the missing 1 second of recordings? Is it possible to present this through a screenshot?

Rayda
Aspirant
Aspirant
If I quickly walk through the dinning room, the motion sensor enabled recording footage will start when I'm in the middle of room. I'll try to get an actual footage.
slompochomp
Luminary
Luminary

Is that pluged in using the supplied power adapter ? If not then I would suggest trying that and see how that works.

You can also try adjusting the motion sensitivity.

Tap on Mode then tap on the Mode you are using. next Tap the edit pencil icon. Now Tap the edit pencil icon for the camera you wish to change. Now Tap the edit pencil icon next to Detects Motion and move the Slider. Now Tap the Back in the top Left and now Tap the Save in the top Right.
You may have to play with this to adjust it for your needs.

If You Got Em....I'll Chew Em!

Netgear & Arlo Beta Tester
Rayda
Aspirant
Aspirant
It's not plugged in. Motion sensor sensitivity is at the highest. I don't have CVR plan, but definately can try plugging it in to see if it'll help with the lag/delay.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

When battery powered, the camera sleeps until motion is detected. The camera wakes and starts a connection with the base and servers and then starts recording. Typical lag is 2-3 seconds so fast-moving objects may be not recorded. Plugging the camera in allows the camera to always be streaming which is why you get the 3 second look-back on your recordings.

Rayda
Aspirant
Aspirant
Is that 3 seconds look back available even without the CVR on the recorded videos?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes. CVR just uses that same stream so you can look back for days.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation