Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 22 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation
EKS
Tutor
Tutor
Since the software update call A Friend is missing! Any help?

Guessing it will come back in another update??
22 REPLIES 22
CameraPug
Star
Star

I could be wrong but I think the Call a Friend is part of the ARLO Smart feature suite. Which seems to be having issues for the past 4 to 5 days. I was informed by Tech Support that they are aware of the ARLO Smart issue but don’t have an idea of what the true problem is. In fact 3 of the 5 reps I talked to were not aware of it and sent me to their billing department blaming them.

EKS
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks so much for the reply! I hope they get the problem solved soon.

AuntRi
Star
Star

illuminous
Apprentice
Apprentice
Yes it is weird, I keep getting asked to set up Call a Friend but the ability to do so in the app has disappeared.
AllenJ1955
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m getting the same issue. Asking to set up Call a Friend with no method to do so. It had been set up for the last six months with no issue. Now, the original setting is gone (or hidden) and can’t be fixed.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi everyone,

To set up "Call a Friend," make sure you go to Settings > Call a Friend (for Arlo Smart users) on the Arlo app to set up "Call a Friend".

Once you finished setting it up, you can click on the red shield icon on the top-right corner and tap on "Call a Friend."

EKS
Tutor
Tutor
That would be great if it was available to me. I had it set up prior to this update and now it’s not available.
illuminous
Apprentice
Apprentice
Same for me, the Call A Friend under settings disappeared after the last update
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Just to confirm, do you currently have Arlo Smart subscription?

EKS
Tutor
Tutor
Yes! $99 year
illuminous
Apprentice
Apprentice
Yes I also have Arlo Smart. I can see the e911 setup and Smart settings but no call a friend
AllenJ1955
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes, Arlo Smart Premier. The setting for Call a Friend under Arlo Smart simply was not there. I had Smart Notifications, Package Detection and e911 only.

My subscription was due to expire in a week so I updated it and, lo and behold, the setting for Call a Friend reappeared with the previous phone number in place. Hmm.

Looks like my issue is resolved.

Regards,
Allen
EKS
Tutor
Tutor
Interesting! Mine shouldn’t expire until @september.. Wonder if there’s anything I can do to get it back.
illuminous
Apprentice
Apprentice
That is interesting. Mine disappeared after signing up for the 1 year Arlo Smart Plan (moving from month by month)
kk4mx
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same issue for many days. No answer or reply’s. I have Preimer also, just signed up, and now “call a friend” disappeared. Why do we not have some answers? Or at least a note., so what the hell are they waiting for?? OK, soon another update to fix this, or not!! Not much info sharing from Netfear.
EKS
Tutor
Tutor
Not sure what happened but mine just showed up. It may be that I deleted tha app and reinstalled
illuminous
Apprentice
Apprentice
Netgear is well known to have terrible customer support. The support for Arlo is no different. I’ve had this issue and another one I’ve been trying to get Aro to fix for months. They never follow up, never seem to be doing anything, it’s very frustrating.
motomax
Apprentice
Apprentice

Same issue here, the tech support kept trying to get me to reinstall app/ restart phone/ or check the settings. I told them that they probably needed to reset my subscription but they said i had to cancel it first. Im on the 3 free months subscription and they refused to honor the discount once i readded the subscription eventhough its an issue with their system. they kept trying to blame my phone eventhough it worked before. complete waste of 1.5hrs.

kk4mx
Aspirant
Aspirant
When is this issue going to be addressed? I had it and it disappeared right after the last update. Someone please respond with a solution.
Thank you!!
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi everyone,

Our development team is aware where some users are unable to access "Call a Friend" with subscription and is currently investigating the issue. We will provide any update as we have more information to share. We appreciate your patience regarding this.

illuminous
Apprentice
Apprentice
It has just appeared back in the app for me today, seems to be working fine now
Djnel21569
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m just doing the 30 days and I’m having a bad experience already Lucky the 30 days are free.
Discussion stats
  • 22 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation