Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cannot Connect to Pro 2 Base Station

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
davo42
Aspirant
Aspirant

Have restarted several times also did a factory reset. The router confirms that it is connected to the network.Tried to have it discovered with both wifi on a phone and with ethernet on a computer. The lights are solid Green-Green-Amber with the internet light flickering occasionally. Why is the third light amber? Would appreciate any advise.

7 REPLIES 7
Dannybear
Master
Master
For the base lights see link below.
As you have done the factory reset start with reading the FAQ’s on factory resetting.

https://kb.arlo.com/000039100/What-do-the-LEDs-on-my-Arlo-SmartHub-or-base-station-mean
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

BTW, the leds are from left to right

Power, Internet ( yes it does flash now and then ), Cameras ( amber when not connected )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
davo42
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you Dannybear and TomMac for you replies.

The main problem is that the phone app cannot connect to the base. Clicking "Add New Device" does not find anything. The bird in the icon just keeps circulling!. I would think that until the base is connected it will not be known if the system is working properly.

davo42

Dannybear
Master
Master
Is the phone connected to the local wifi when using the App, try the web portal browser on your PC. You need to be on the local network to find the base.
Also did you follow the arlo factory reset procedures?
davo42
Aspirant
Aspirant

Dannybear

All the units are connected to the same network (no mesh). Have done several resets according to the instructions. Have tried to connect using the computer on the web browser. No luck.

Starting to think that the unit is faulty.

davo42

Dannybear
Master
Master
Sounds to me that you may have to go the long way.
You can phone arlo support using a local phone number from their drop down list located on the support page. See link below, click support towards the bottom of the page, then again towards the bottom where it says give us a call.

https://kb.arlo.com/1179130/Arlo-can-t-discover-my-SmartHub-or-base-station-during-installation-what...
Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation