Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

CVR Timeline Missing Videos Issues

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
pnwcompany
Follower
Follower

Has anyone else got the feeling that Arlo never got CVR to really work? Since we started using it on 4 of our cameras, we have not once had a continuous video longer than maybe an hour or two. We average 30-40 gaps in the video per 24 hr period, with some gaps reaching 2 or 3 hrs. We have had to spend hours on hold with support, who has done nothing really more than tell us to unplug/restart everything. They even had us cancel the subscription and restart for troubleshooting, sent them screen shots of the gaps. Been hung up on multiple times by support, they told me it was a "server issue" that dropped the call before I even told them when the call was. I would call up, and tell them the CVR had gaps and every time their response was "and how can I help you?". FIX THE GAPS! Our company is done with Arlo. 

3 REPLIES 3
Dobs99
Aspirant
Aspirant

yea, im having issues with CVR too. not as bad as you guys by the sound of it.

i see lots of short gaps, but worryingly it can be when there is motion! i get an alert, a snapshot but no actual video...

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Dobs99

Have you tried to reboot your base station & cameras & test again?

Dobs99
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes a couple of times. I've just looked this morning and I can see on the cvr I had motion but I can't select it. It will just move to before or after the motion and won't let me play it.

Also If I look on the library there isn't a recording.

However on the home page of the app there is the screenshot of the person at our door saying 11 hours ago. So it's seeing it and recording it just not letting me see the recording.

Is this a system issue? I have seen people talk about issues with cvr?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation