Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
MKwong123
Star
Star

Hi, I have been using my Arlo Pro security camera for close to 10 months. However 2 days ago it lost connection to the ethernet.
I have done the following but the base station is still not connecting and cannot be detected by the app.
1. I have reset my routers IP address
2. I have changed another LAN cable
3. I have reset my base station as well well removed it from my app to restart the pairing process, but it is not working still
4. The base station continue to blink in red light despite my attempts above

Please kindly advise how can I repair my base station and my cameras..appreciate the kind effort.

128 REPLIES 128
jjongkp
Aspirant
Aspirant
Some good news. I've just got an update from Kaira Tech and apparently they've got a new firmware and tested working. They're working on rolling it out now. Not sure how but I'll update with details if I know.
royyusi
Guide
Guide

Thank you for the update jjongkp. Hopefully this would be all fixed soon.

MKwong123
Star
Star

I am in talk with Kaira Global (local distributor) and Challenger (retail) too. So far they have not provided any concrete response yet. Kaira Global only mentioned they can promise 1 to 1 exchange, and Chellenger is investigating to see if can provide any refund. 

Will keep you all posted on this. 

Charlly2020
Tutor
Tutor
Dear All,

I've spent considerable time (a few hours) on the phone with Starhub(ISP) and Linksys(router) only to find out that apparent the IP ports we need for our Arlo (80, 123, 443) are all "blocked/reserved" in Singapore. Apparently this is the case for all ISP, so switching providers might not fix it.

Basically we need Arlo to help us fix this by configuring our units to need other "open" IP ports.

Arlo - please reach out to me/us to fix this. It's been quite a disappointing first impression. I expected more after paying nearly $2k for a new set (including baby monitor)!
TanTerkelsen
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am also based in Singapore, been having issues since late April (firmware update).
I got my hardware exchanged today at Kaira tech but still it does not work. 
Btw, I use MyRepublic and I also have the issues with the hub not connecting to wifi. 
Support is very bad at picking up phone or responding 
Terrible customer service and bad experience with this product. 

YKM2
Tutor
Tutor

It won't make any difference if you exchange the same model and use the same ISP. I even purchased a same new base station but have returned it after realising it is not solving the problem.  I have done 3 updates to the so called Arlo support with repeated questions & instructions. I keep asking the support person to read the same problems brought up by manuy users raised in this community forum. I am not sure they did. 

Baydoc
Aspirant
Aspirant
Roy, I have a new Pro2 and am using ViaSat ISP and my new system base will not connect. Continuous AMBER blinking light. On rare occasion it turns blue but still shows offline. I too have done everything with both Arlo and ISP. I have confirmed adequate latency and upload speeds that should support the system. It seems to work when connected to Verizon DSL. I’m thinking of sendiythe base back for a new one. So it seems a new base did work in your case?
royyusi
Guide
Guide

Hi Baydoc, I bought the same new base station model that I currently have, VMB4500. I plug it in the first time, it turns amber, then blue and then blinks amber for a while and then it turn blue. At this stage, I try adding a bridge through the Arlo app. It manage to find it and add the bridge. The app then automatically looks for a firmware update and proceed to download and install. it takes 5 minutes and then it would fail with error message failed to update firmware. After this, whatever you do, the base will always blink amber and app fails to find the base.

So I guess if you are getting a new base, it might depend on what firmware is on that base. Probably an older firmware would work.

EnricoSG
Aspirant
Aspirant

I live in Singapore. Purchased ARLO ULTRA on amazon.com

One of the cameras stopped recoding audio. Arlo online support suggested to reset the camera by removing the battery.

Done all the reset things. Camera still not recording audio. Not only, now the camera "looks" in a different direction from where it's pointed at (e.g. if I point the camera to look at my computer right in front of me, what the camera actually looks at is my whiteboard which is on my left hand side...).

Does anyone live in Singapore and had an issue with Arlo? How did you solve the issue? Who di you speak to?

Got this reply from Arlo:

Hi Enrico, Good day! Thank you for the reply and for the update on the case. Upon reviewing the transcripts of the case, I believe you may have a defective device. I have read that you have followed the steps provided by the previous experts. As much as we'd love to process a replacement for you defective device however, we do not process an RMA for devices purchased in Singapore because we do not have warehouses in that location. Hongkong, Taiwan, and Singapore also sells Arlo products and replacement requests are being catered by local distribution partners for the After-Sales Support. We advise customers to just return the device to the place of purchase for replacement to be less convenient. If you are going to process RMA on Arlo, you need someone who can receive the replacement from at least one of this country US, Canada, New Zealand, Australia or UK. You can send the defective device from your loved ones on the listed countries so that they can directly send it to our warehouse and once they receive the replacement unit they can shipped it out to Singapore which is your current location. If you want faster resolution for your case, you can contact us using this option below: • Arlo direct number: 1 408-638-3750 Please know that when your case gets inactive for seven days, we will have to close this case. I know that the issue might have not been resolved yet. However, you may still get back to us at your most convenient time and provide your case ID which is 41662513. I look forward to hearing from you soon. Thank you for choosing ARLO. Have a great day!

Helushka8
Aspirant
Aspirant

Kaira Tech said they have the firmware update that fixes the problem and asked me to go down and exchange the set (i have done this 2 times over the past almost 2months and this will be the 3rd). I finally had time to setup earlier. Same problem, not working. I am tired of the lousy service. Am in the midst of asking for a refund. Will buy another brand. 

Charlly2020
Tutor
Tutor

Hello,

I live in Singapore and recently bought a new set of 3 Arlo Ultras with Smarthub base station. From day one I have not been able to find nor connect the Smarthub in Arlo app. I have tried everything recommended in the forums and Arlo's FAQs such as power on/off, reset, different ethernet cables... Nothing seems to work and the LED is continuously flashing amber/orange. I need proper Arlo tech support however Arlo email replies are sparse and nobody has every answered the USA helpline, i've tried calling several times over many days but zero answer! I have now lapsed over my return/refund period from Lazada so I am stuck with this expensive product that I can't use and can't return. I have spend countless hours on the phone to ISP (Starhub), Linksys (router) and Nucleus Connect (modem) to find out what's the issue because it seems that the Arlo Smarthub does not get internet, and it seems that Arlo requires 3 x IP ports to function (80,123,443) all of which are blocked in Singapore...! Does anyone else know how to reconfigure the Arlo smarthub to go for other "open" 'IP ports? Can we hear back from Arlo ASAP if they know about this problem and are working on a fix? I am terribly disappointed with the experience so far, i thought i was paying $2000 for a proven product that works and is easy to plug and play.... it's not the case. Last resort will be a claim in the Small Claims Tribunal and a complaint to CASE. Please reply ASAP.

Charlly2020
Tutor
Tutor

Hello,

I live in Singapore and recently bought a new set of 3 Arlo Ultras with Smarthub base station. From day one I have not been able to find nor connect the Smarthub in Arlo app. I have tried everything recommended in the forums and Arlo's FAQs such as power on/off, reset, different ethernet cables... Nothing seems to work and the LED is continuously flashing amber/orange. I need proper Arlo tech support however Arlo email replies are sparse and nobody has every answered the USA helpline, i've tried calling several times over many days but zero answer! I have now lapsed over my return/refund period from Lazada so I am stuck with this expensive product that I can't use and can't return. I have spend countless hours on the phone to ISP (Starhub), Linksys (router) and Nucleus Connect (modem) to find out what's the issue because it seems that the Arlo Smarthub does not get internet, and it seems that Arlo requires 3 x IP ports to function (80,123,443) all of which are blocked in Singapore...! Does anyone else know how to reconfigure the Arlo smarthub to go for other "open" 'IP ports? Can we hear back from Arlo ASAP if they know about this problem and are working on a fix? I am terribly disappointed with the experience so far, i thought i was paying $2000 for a proven product that works and is easy to plug and play.... it's not the case. Last resort will be a claim in the Small Claims Tribunal and a complaint to CASE. Please reply ASAP.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please contact Customer Support if you are experiencing this issue. The support team will be able to provide further assistance. Arlo Tech Support

alexislee1981
Tutor
Tutor
Speaking to Arlo customer care just sends you round and round in circles, they simply cannot fix the situation. You end up getting replacement base station that doesn’t work!
We need Arlo to speak the Starhub, sort out this issue or give us our money back. I purchased this Arlo pro3 early March from Harvey Norman and it has worked for less than 6 weeks. With stores currently closed we are sitting here with a very expensive camera system that doesn’t work! Is there actually any solution?! Will this get fixed?
royyusi
Guide
Guide

I think Arlo support is pretty hopeless. I called them, create tickets and the last response I get from them is on 21 May 2020. Below is their last reply. If this is what they mean by "do our best" for an issue that has our base station not working for a month now, this means that they do not value their customers seriously. Been thinking of leaving bad reviews on every site that is selling Arlo and hopefully less people will suffer from bad decision.

"Thank you for submitting your concern through our email channel. I'm sorry for the delayed response, Please know that we will do our best to address your concern in the least amount of time.

I do apologize for the inconvenience this issue has caused you. As mentioned by the previous expert, We already raised this issue to our Appropriate Team to further check and if there is an issue in our system. Once we hear from them, we are going to notify you as soon as possible."

jjongkp
Aspirant
Aspirant
Finally got my Pro 3 smarthub working again on the latest firmware 1.16.2.1. Had to connect it to a Singtel network till the firmware pushed to it. Did a hard reset and finally managed to get it connected and added.
Goosefudge
Guide
Guide

jjongkp

That is good news.  How to get firmware updated if no access to another ISP though? 

I tried hard reset, and I can see device on home list of network connected devices (as before), but I still can't communicate to base station, so guessing no firmware update can be pushed via starhub network.

jjongkp
Aspirant
Aspirant
Have to remove from your app first. Then connect to a Singtel or other ISP network, then add to app. And wait for firmware update.

Maybe Kaira can help?
royyusi
Guide
Guide

Arlo Customer Support called me today about this issue. They have a new firmware that they would like to push to my base station. Only thing is that I have to connect my base station to an ISP other than Starhub and they will push the update to the base station. Once firmware is updated, they say I could bring it back and it will work with Starhub. Will be bringing my base station to the office that have a Singtel network tomorrow and they have scheduled to give me a call so that they could work together with me on this. It seems that they have found  a fix. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Goosefudge

You will need to contact support for further details on this. Arlo Tech Support

needhelpplease0
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, 

I've got this exact same problem since early May. My ISP is Starhub as well. The Arlo Pro 2 had been working fine for half a year before the base station stopped working (flashing amber) The base station model is VMB4500r2.

After reading the above thread, I tried to connect the base station to a different ISP (singtel), and the base station is able to function properly. However, when I tried to update the firmware, the app showed that there's no update available. (I forgot what's the current firmware version but I'm pretty sure it is lower than 1.16) 

When I tried to connect to my home network (Starhub ISP) later, the problem resurfaced. I'm hence still unable to use the Arlo system. Can someone please advise?

Really need help. Have been talking to Arlo customer support for the past month with no success.

Thanks!

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hello community,

If you are experiencing this issue, Please contact the customer support team for further details on how to remedy this issue. The support team will have further information. Arlo Tech Support

royyusi
Guide
Guide

Hi needhelpplease0.

You need to contact Arlo customer suport before you move the base station to the Singtel network. Arrange with them a date and time when you will do this and they will contact you by phone at the appointed time. They will then send the firmware to your base station. The firmware is still a test firmware so I do not think it will automatically update to your base station without their help. Hope this helps. I did mine yesterday and Arlo Customer Support called and stayed with me on the line until my base station has been updated. I brought it back home and connect to Starhub and it has been working so far...

needhelpplease0
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi royyksi,

Will do just that. Thanks so much for your help. 

Have been running around like a headless chicken for the longest time.

JayZJohn
Aspirant
Aspirant

Since 2nd June, I have tried speaking to an agent via the toll, chatted at least 3 times where they say that they have received similar issues and have since escalated to their engineer for a solution.  No timelines given except for "as soon as possible".  Its been 11 days and counting and i desperately need these expensive ARLO cameras to start working.

Can I please have a solution to this as my warranty end in first week of July???

Thank you