Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

One Camera no longer records

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Dsilb23
Aspirant
Aspirant
One of my cameras is no longer recording to movement or audio. It still works for live stream, but when the wind blows my flag or I walk in front of it, nothing is recorded. The system is roughly a year and a half old. Never had this issue before. I tried syncing the camera again, restarting the base station, different battery, turning on and off through the app etc. Is it possible the motion detection in this particular camera went out? What do I do?
3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you tried the motion detection test in the camera settings? Can you live view? WHen you synced it again did you do that byt removing it from Settings, My Devices first? Have you verified that the active mode has a rule for the camera? Any camera without a rule is disarmed.

Dsilb23
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes to all. So get this, I removed the camera again via your steps. When I synced it and went to add it back to a rule, the ONLY option is do nothing. It won’t let me click record! what is going on with this dang camera?!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I would suspect something other than the camera but it might be worthwhile to remove and resync the camera (I had to do this yesterday for a different reason). Once synced it's up to the app or web client to properly display. Rebooting the base may or may not help. I would try both the app and the web client for verification.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation