Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
MKwong123
Star
Star

Hi, I have been using my Arlo Pro security camera for close to 10 months. However 2 days ago it lost connection to the ethernet.
I have done the following but the base station is still not connecting and cannot be detected by the app.
1. I have reset my routers IP address
2. I have changed another LAN cable
3. I have reset my base station as well well removed it from my app to restart the pairing process, but it is not working still
4. The base station continue to blink in red light despite my attempts above

Please kindly advise how can I repair my base station and my cameras..appreciate the kind effort.

128 REPLIES 128
YKM2
Tutor
Tutor

It seem likely arlo did a auto update of firmware that brick the base station. My AmpliFi router also does firmware update but only after a prompt to carry on. It have an easy way to roll back the firmware, which I did to try solving the arlo base station problem. No luck. 
I wonder anyway to similarly roll back the arlo base station firmware? My app cannot establish any link to the base station anymore without getting the base station back online. 

KTR
Star
Star
I haven’t received any update since my last call from Arlo engineering team on Monday. It would be good if ShayneS (Arlo Moderator who commented on this thread a while back) could escalate or update us.
Nickjazz
Tutor
Tutor

Hi all Same here, ISP Starhub,

i having the same issues with u guys.

jjongkp
Aspirant
Aspirant
Come on Arlo

It's been 2 weeks since your firmware update and more than a week since the issues surfaced.

Don't keep us waiting
Nickjazz
Tutor
Tutor

Hello Arlo,

I have paid $1K for your equipment in April 2020, please at least have some responsibility,  respond to your customer.

KTR
Star
Star
I don’t know what to do anymore.

I created my first ticket on April 30th. Since then, I’ve spent hours on the phone with tech support, had my ISP send a tech out to my house, spent hours in online chat, even received a reply from the MD of Arlo on LinkedIn -all to no avail. My system continues to blink amber, and Arlo aren’t calling or emailing any updates.

Time to start a hashtag? #arloahhno
I’m going to reach out to Amazon to see if I can get a refund for my Pro and Pro2 base stations and 4 cameras. I can’t waste anymore time on a company who isn’t responding.

Utterly frustrated, and completely over it.

#ARLOAHHNO
KTR
Star
Star
The fact that it’s been 17 days since I first raised this issue, and I still haven’t received a response from Arlo is appalling for a tech company who deals in security.

I’ve just successfully processed returns for both my base stations and all cameras via Amazon via one phone call that took less than 2 minutes.

Off to find a company who respects its users and actually responds when its services are down.
alexislee1981
Tutor
Tutor
Am planning to do exactly the same. I’ve contacted customer services on at least 5 occasions, each time they have taken mountains of details from me and then subsequently have failed to respond whatsoever. Terrible customer service
MKwong123
Star
Star

Thanks KTR for your input all along, and good to know that you managed to get a refund from Amazon - amazing customer service. 

As for my case, i think my warranty is over as i purchased in Challenger last year. So Arlo staff in copy, we really hope that you can come up with a constructive reply soon, this is not only about the money spent, but we are compromising on our resident's security while waiting for a reply from you.

Charlly2020
Tutor
Tutor
Dear fellow Arlo users, I just purchased a set of brand new Ultra wireless cameras with Ultra Smarthub base station (single LED). I've been trying to do the normal setup as per instruction manual, app guidance and YouTube video reviews, however the app doesn't seem to find the base station. The base station LED also never changed colour to green or blue, it's always flashing amber/orange. I've tried different combos of reset, unplug/plug, ports on router, etc but nothing has worked so far. Also tried to call Arlo helpline but gave up after waiting on the line for 35minutes with no answer. Hope you can help! I was really looking forward to installing and using this highly-rated (and expensive) product. By the way I am based in Singapore if anyone knows of a local assitance.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Charlly2020 wrote:
The base station LED also never changed colour to green or blue, it's always flashing amber/orange. I've tried different combos of reset, unplug/plug, ports on router, etc but nothing has worked so far.

Have you tried a different ethernet cable?

What is your ISP?  There are some issues posted here with StarHub in Singapore.

Charlly2020
Tutor
Tutor
Hi StephenB, yes have tried one other ethernet cable also with no success. ISP is Starhub, how would ISP cause this issue and is there a way to bypass or test this? Thanks.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Charlly2020 wrote:
 how would ISP cause this issue and is there a way to bypass or test this? 

The cause of the problem is unknown (and though it only is happening with StarHub, it is possible that the issue will turn out to be Arlo's to fix).  

There is no work-around.  I suggest contacting support, as they are actively working on it. https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

Helushka8
Aspirant
Aspirant

yes exactly, our security is compromised for extended periods already. It is disappointing that the resolution is taking so long. I purchased from Challenger too. Guess next time buy from Amazon and then can get refund if got issues. 

KTR
Star
Star
Hey team, I’d encourage you to check out Arlo’s warranty page:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/about/warranty/default.aspx

Even if you purchased from an authorised reseller (which Challenger is) your products fall under this warranty.

Hope that helps.
ItsNotReallyMe
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks KTR.

Mine was a challenger purchase too, so will check it out.

MKwong123
Star
Star

Thanks guys, just contacted Challenger this morning, sent them an email too about the case. Will keep you posted as soon as I hear back from Challenger.

I bought Arlo in July last year so it is still within the warranty period, but will see what solution can Challenger provide. 

*Still awaiting updates from Arlo team*

Charlly2020
Tutor
Tutor
Ok thank you for the reply. How long does it usually take for Arlo to fix something? This is rather disappointing as a first time buyer of Arlo.

Does anyone else have possible solutions and/or similar experiences with setting up a new Smarthub / Starhub ISP?
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Charlly2020 wrote:

How long does it usually take for Arlo to fix something?

I don't have a rule-of-thumb for that.  This one is likely hard to sort out, since it is only happening with one ISP, and will require both the ISP and Arlo to troubleshoot it togther.  I believe it's been open for ~17 days or so.

Maybe work this backwards - figure out when your return date is, and wait a bit?  When it is solved, it likely will be posted here.

Nickjazz
Tutor
Tutor

Hi all,

out of curiousty, I hook out my Huawei 4G (M1) router to my home router Wan port. The base station remain amber appx 30sec and turn to blue. And the camera resume working condition! I believe that issues lie with StarHub. 

Charlly2020
Tutor
Tutor
Hi Nickjazz & KTR,
I'm also in Singapore, just bought a brand new set of Ultra cameras with Smarthub station last week, but haven't been able to start the normal installation/setup from day one because LED flashes amber and Smarthub never found in app. My ISP also Starhub.... Have Arlo actually reached out to you yet? And have they provided any valuable advice/fixes? Really disappointing first impression for such expensive equipment. Does anyone have a phone number for someone in Arlo that will actually answer the phone? Arlo, are you working on this?
Nickjazz
Tutor
Tutor

Hi Charlly2020 ,

I am not contacting starhub since my broadband contract is coming to end in June. I will be swopping ISP to myrepublic or Singtel.

From my experience with starhub tech team (as consumer and enterprise), i dun think they will be bothering this case since this is low priority issues and  they are using alot of sub contractor internally. And of course, i am not stopping you from approaching Starhub.

YKM2
Tutor
Tutor

I have returned the 2nd purchase of arlo base station that I purchased 1 week before this helpless incidence happened, and received the full refund. Still inquiring possibility of returning the older set that was purchased 1~2 months ago, as I do have the original box already. 
The reasons are: First, arlo after-sales service is really bad. Second, seemed to me that the working of arlo depend on Internet online access. Even after this problem is resolved ( don’t know when?), I am not sure their camera will still functional whenever there is Internet outage, despite having a good network connection in the house. 

Bootneck52
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm in the UK and I seem to have the same problem as well. Lost the base station connection last week and nothing seems to work. Having read through all the issues raised it's certainly a world wide problem. I've had no problem with the system for the past 10 months since it was installed. If this problem is not sorted soon then it's looks like money wasted.

YKM2
Tutor
Tutor

Just connect up the idling Arlo base station to check: still the same flashing orange light with no connection. Status quo 😔. Does anyone here got the problem solved, or received reply from Arlo?

Does anyone from the Arlo read this forum? Does the moderator has any connection to the company to help customers who have have bought an expensive white elephants sitting around the house?