Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
MKwong123
Star
Star

Hi, I have been using my Arlo Pro security camera for close to 10 months. However 2 days ago it lost connection to the ethernet.
I have done the following but the base station is still not connecting and cannot be detected by the app.
1. I have reset my routers IP address
2. I have changed another LAN cable
3. I have reset my base station as well well removed it from my app to restart the pairing process, but it is not working still
4. The base station continue to blink in red light despite my attempts above

Please kindly advise how can I repair my base station and my cameras..appreciate the kind effort.

128 REPLIES 128
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jjongkp wrote:
What is the number for arlo tech support?

It depends on your country of course.  There's a list here: https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

Googling will often find third-party support (many of whom are scammers).

jjongkp
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you. I'm hoping someone will read our problems here and help us out too
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you for all the detailed information. I have provided these reports to the engineering team & will provide an update as soon as possible.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

MKwong123
Star
Star

Thanks, we await further update from Arlo team.

alexislee1981
Tutor
Tutor

Any idea how long it will take to update us? Seems Starthub will not do anything at their end...

KTR
Star
Star
Still waiting for Arlo Engineering to call me back. They said within 48 hours...
KTR
Star
Star
—also StarHub sent a tech to my house, and have confirmed nothing has changed from their end. All my other smart home devices (both WiFi & Ethernet connected) are running fine. If I don’t hear back from Arlo today, I’ll have to try calling again tonight.
KTR
Star
Star
Chatted to Arlo support via their live chat AGAIN today. No one from Arlo has updated my case, emailed, or called me -and it’s been 3 days since they said they would ‘forward to the appropriate department who would contact or email me within 24-48 hours’. At this point I just want to return the unit and try and get a refund. I’ve wasted so much time following their KB articles, waiting online for tech support at odd hours of the night, and speaking to tech support for hours at a time. Beyond a joke.
royyusi
Guide
Guide

Thank you KTR for the update. Have been checking on this community update status daily to see if there is any solution. I have not got any response from Arlo either. A bit frustrating at the moment. 

alexislee1981
Tutor
Tutor
Same here - no answers or even updates from Arlo. Would expect better customer service attached to a premium product. I am still chasing, but overall quite frustrated
Helushka8
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem. Was using my Pro 3 for about 2months until May and then it stopped and no matter what i did:

- changed the whole system with the distributor here

- reset

- power cycle

- use laptop to connect

- uninstall and reinstall app

all did not work. 

Helushka8
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am in touch with the tech support from the distributor here, Kaira tech. If i get an answer will update the forum. If anyone else gets an answer please share as well. I also tried connecting my laptop to the same ethernet port that my base station was on and i can surf the web so its probably not a starhub or router issue.

jjongkp
Aspirant
Aspirant
I've been to Kaira Tech for a one for one exchange that gave the same problem. Have been in touch with Randy who said he'd speak with Netgear Taiwan. Kaira Tech is just the distro without any technical know how aside from the standard KBs.

Most of us seem to be people who know how to troubleshoot so we've probably done all they can advice us to do.

Arlo tech support has opened a case based on this thread, so we should keep posting here to keep this alive.

My feel is the auto firmware update bricked our devices and there's nothing we can do but wait. Which sucks. But I'll update here as soon as I get any info on my end, hope everyone else will as well
KTR
Star
Star
It’s almost definitely a problem Arlo’s end.

If you look back in this thread, you’ll see we have tried every KB article and suggestion from Arlo Tech Support. Multiple times.

It’s been 10 days since my system first went down, and I have spent at a minimum 10 hours on the phone and chat with them, repeating myself multiple times and getting issued yet another ticket number -despite me asking them to reference the very first ticket I raised.

An Arlo moderator commented at one point during this thread that they have forwarded details to engineering team and will revert. I have been told the same thing by Arlo support.

As previously stated, will update as soon as anything changes -including future conversations (call or chat) with Arlo. Please do the same if you receive any updates.
tranquyl
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hving the same problem with my Arlo. Thankful for this thread else I would hv just dumped my Arlo product.

KTR
Star
Star
Reached out to Arlo MD on LinkedIn yesterday. He messaged back immediately, apologised for the inconvenience, and promised someone would call me shortly.

Received an email from Arlo Tech support saying they would call today, and received a call within the hour.

The tech support person was from the engineering team and went through some additional details to do with settings, make, and model of my router and modem. She asked me to update DNS settings and confirm a few other details.

Arlo base station still blinking amber, and she said she was going to share this information with the team as they are working on it, and they would get back to me. She was very helpful, had all the previous info I had shared with the support personnel in the chats and in my tickets.

Looks like they have noticed this isn’t an isolated issue, and are actively working on a fix.
jjongkp
Aspirant
Aspirant
That's great, I hope they realise it's not just a Pro 2 but Pro 3 issue as well!

That's for reaching out to the MD and the update!
jjongkp
Aspirant
Aspirant
Randy from Kaira called yesterday and did a team viewer session on my router. They tried changing my DNS to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 to no avail. Pinged a number of IP addresses as well and there were responses from at least some.

So I doubt it's a ISP issue, and still most likely the firmware update.

Would appreciate some updates from Arlo.
MKwong123
Star
Star

Morning folks, thank you very much for the relentless effort and updates provided thus far. Very much appreciated. Let's hope that Arlo can solve this issue asap.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jjongkp wrote:

So I doubt it's a ISP issue, and still most likely the firmware update.

Of course you have more information than any of us, but I think there are still some ISP possibilities.

In particular, I am wondering if your ISP is using carrier grade NAT (CGNAT) on their WAN network.  That could create issues with the base->cloud connection.  

I did a little googling, and some hits suggested that StarHub is using CGNAT unless you have paid for the static IP option.

royyusi
Guide
Guide

Hi StephenB, It might be true that there are some ISP possibilities. The issue is that I have been using the base station since August last year and it has gone through at least 2 updates without any issue through this same ISP. If your comment about CGNAT is correct, I think I should have this problem for months now. 

There is also a possibility that maybe Starhub did some changes recently that could also cause the problems we are having but I have a Sonos player that is also using port 90 and 443 and having no issues with firmware update. My Philips Hue bridge, Google Nesthub, IoT Wifi Digital Door lock and Synology station acting as a server are all connected to the same router and modem and none of them have any issues with firmware updates or operational wise.  

I hope someone could say for sure what is the problem and if they have verified that Starhub is causing all these problems, then at least there is something we could move start acting on. 

royyusi
Guide
Guide

Having said all that, I check with Starhub and I am not under CGN. I have verified and can see that my public IP and my assigned WAN IP is the same...

YKM2
Tutor
Tutor

Add another frustrating Arlo pro2 users lost the online connection suddenly few days ago. Trying all sort of things but can't get it work. I even bought another identical base station but encounter the same problem. ISP is also STARHUB!

ItsNotReallyMe
Aspirant
Aspirant

As part of earlier troubleshooting i removed the device, and was never able to re-add it.

On Monday I noticed the light on my base station had changed from flashing amber back to Blue, so I tried to re-add it back again. No luck. couldn't find it.

Restarted the device. Stayed on Flashing Amber again 😞 and still unable to readd the device.

I have a friend who also lives in Singapore and has Arlo Pro 2 on Starhub and they've had no issues.

I can see my Base Station as a connected and active device on my network.