Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Singapore - Base station not connecting to internet

Discussion stats
MKwong123
Star
Star

Hi, I have been using my Arlo Pro security camera for close to 10 months. However 2 days ago it lost connection to the ethernet.
I have done the following but the base station is still not connecting and cannot be detected by the app.
1. I have reset my routers IP address
2. I have changed another LAN cable
3. I have reset my base station as well well removed it from my app to restart the pairing process, but it is not working still
4. The base station continue to blink in red light despite my attempts above

Please kindly advise how can I repair my base station and my cameras..appreciate the kind effort.

128 REPLIES 128
sotong1977
Aspirant
Aspirant
Can you let me know the firmware version of your base station after the update?

I tried your method and system prompted that firmware was being updated. After firmware update, system startes up and blue light maintained constant throughout. Went home and connect to my Starhub network and led still flashing amber. My arlo app shows base station Version 2.18.1_28070
needhelpplease0
Aspirant
Aspirant

the firmware version depends on your base station model. 
you can see what’s the latest release here 

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Firmware-Release-Notes/bd-p/arlo-release-notes

for mine it’s  vmb4500r2, firmware 1.16.2.4_3403_f4757f1

sotong1977
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thx Needhelppls. I have the same base station model as you. Just realised the version I quoted above was for my arlo app. Will check my firmware version when i managed to connect it to another ISP. Thx again
PapaC
Aspirant
Aspirant
Arlo Mobile app unable to detect smarthub..and Arlo support stated the setup won't work with Starhub...