Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Soniagracias
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi all, 

I was having issues with my camera, (which has happened before), so I removed the device (as I usually do) and went to add it again.  This time, when I go to add a device, and click on cameras, nothing happens. The other options like lights, doorbells & chimes, and base station all work.  For some reason, just the “camera” option does not work.  I have tried updating the app, installing the app on another device, and trying the website. Nothing works, please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

@Soniagracias 

Have you tried using the manual add method, momentarily press the base sync button then the camera sync button?

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Others have reported this recently but I haven't seen a cause or resolution. Do you have a subscription? That may be an indicator. I do have a sub and don't see this behavior.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jguerdat wrote:

Others have reported this recently but I haven't seen a cause or resolution. Do you have a subscription? That may be an indicator. I do have a sub and don't see this behavior.

I am thinking this only affects the "Library" interface

@Soniagracias :

1. Do you see "Library" in your app menu?
  2. Or do you see "Feed" and "Dashboard" instead?
Soniagracias
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi! 

Thanks for your reply, I see library.  I have never needed a subscription to have my cameras, when did they change this?  I have always just deleted my device and added it back when i had an issues.  The last time i did this was a couple months ago, so has something changed since then?  Is there any way around this?

Thanks so much for your help! 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Soniagracias wrote:

Thanks for your reply, I see library.  I have never needed a subscription to have my cameras, when did they change this?  

They haven't changed the need for a subscription for your cameras.  (Currently sold models do need a subscription for cloud storage, but you still are entitled to the 7-day free cloud storage you've always had).

I think this is a bug specific to the "Library" interface.  At least, I haven't seen any reports from someone using "Feed".

Have you tried adding it back w/o using the app or web browser?

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

@Soniagracias 

Have you tried using the manual add method, momentarily press the base sync button then the camera sync button?

Soniagracias
Aspirant
Aspirant

Oh my goodness it worked! I had no idea you could do it that way lol.  THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH!!

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Unfortunately it doesn’t solve the buggy app issue.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation