Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Qwerty000021
Initiate
Initiate

Just updated to the latest IOS version released a few hours ago. Unless I’m missing something the manual record and snapshot buttons are gone. Please bring them back to the viewing page.

118 REPLIES 118
RedArlo
Aspirant
Aspirant
Having the same issue here on iPhone. Husband has a Samsung galaxy Note8 and is not having issues if he signs in as me or himself - he is able to record and take photos. However if I log in as me on the baby cam I cannot but if I log in as him I can on my IPhone.. So weird!!!
AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@RedArlo wrote:
Having the same issue here on iPhone. Husband has a Samsung galaxy Note8 and is not having issues if he signs in as me or himself - he is able to record and take photos. However if I log in as me on the baby cam I cannot but if I log in as him I can on my IPhone.. So weird!!!

This is a really weird one that I’ve been trying to characterize for a few days.  I have this problem on some cameras and only on an account that has shared access to the cameras with laccess rights”.  Note that shared access without “access rights” won’t see those buttons anyway, so that would be normal.  However, shared access with “access rights” granted should see these buttons.  

I have ave one group of cameras owned by one of my acccounts that has this problem.  My wife has her own two accounts and she can see the buttons for snapshot and record with the same granted access permissions that my non-owner account has to those same devices.  The devices are both wire free and Q cameras, so it isn’t camera type specific.  I think this is a subtle bug related to “access rights” (formerly call admin rights, I believe) when granting access to others.  I tried revoking “access rights” and even removed shared access to my non-owner account.  Saving and restarting the app on both devices.  No change.  But I’d go digging into access rights, if I was in charge of development and debugging this one.

RedArlo
Aspirant
Aspirant
So admin rights issue would make sense Except my husband is able to log in as me on his Galaxy and can record and snapshot, so this leaves me to believe this has to be something with the IPhone Arlo app, causing it to be different on my phone with the exact sign in - though if you sign in as the main account you can do everything. So weird and quite baffling
AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@RedArlo wrote:
So admin rights issue would make sense Except my husband is able to log in as me on his Galaxy and can record and snapshot, so this leaves me to believe this has to be something with the IPhone Arlo app, causing it to be different on my phone with the exact sign in - though if you sign in as the main account you can do everything. So weird and quite baffling

If the problem follows the account, it could be rights.  If the problem follows the device regardless of account, it’s something else.  I have many iOS devices and they all work with those buttons except for a shared set of devices from another account.

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

I believe this is a bug in the current version and generally only seen on shared cameras.  You should enter a case with Arlo.

JCole18
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ive granted Admin access to a second account. Online the person has the option to manually record but in the app the manual record option is not their. I have full rights and my app does show the manual record button. I've deleted and redownloaded the app and logged in and out and it still does not show the manual record button. Are there any other solutions?

Louis_ArloPM
Arlo Employee Retired

Could you please provide more details, such as

1. camera you are on

2. what phone you are using 

Screen shots are always super helpful of course. If you don't want to share it on the forum, feel free to PM me. 

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@JCole18 wrote:

Ive granted Admin access to a second account. Online the person has the option to manually record but in the app the manual record option is not their. I have full rights and my app does show the manual record button. I've deleted and redownloaded the app and logged in and out and it still does not show the manual record button. Are there any other solutions?

This is a bug in the current version of the iOS app.  Are you using iOS?

I have the same problem with every camera owned by one of my accounts with granted Access Rights to my other account and to my wife’s account.  This does not happen for all of our cameras that are shared between accounts, but it does appear that all cameras at a particular location that has this problem, all have the same problem even when the cameras are mixed camera types like Arlo Q and Arlo Pro 2.  It doesn’t matter what camera type.  Very odd.

JCole18
Aspirant
Aspirant
Arlo Pro cameras and Apple iOS 12.1.2
Louis_ArloPM
Arlo Employee Retired

If this is on the iPhone 7 or earlier, this is a known issue. i'll let the team know another member is seeing this. 

JCole18
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes using iPhones iOS 12.1.2 it’s annoying. It’s a clear as day option on the desktop computer but not on the app. The other admin features are available like being able to delete video so it’s not a problem with the admin rights. Everything works fine on the master account holder though.
JCole18
Aspirant
Aspirant
This is happening on iPhone 8 plus(mine) and iPhone 8 (spouse) both phones
AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

c80a8fdd5b314a72bd7ede8e20f0f3dd.jpeg

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@Louis_ArloPM wrote:

If this is on the iPhone 7 or earlier, this is a known issue. i'll let the team know another member is seeing this. 

We have this issue on all of our iOS devices.  iPhone X, iPhone XS, 11” iPad Pro, 10.5” iPad Pro, iPad Air 2 

I don't believe this is device related at all.  It appears to me to be account related,  Also, I have tried removing all access rights to an account and adding them back.  That did not help as I thought it might.  I’d be looking at how these permissions are stored, disseminated and validated to see where the grantor or user of the permissions might be failing to update the granted permissions.

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@AncientGeek wrote:

@Louis_ArloPM wrote:

We have this issue on all of our iOS devices.  iPhone X, iPhone XS, 11” iPad Pro, 10.5” iPad Pro, iPad Air 2 

I don't believe this is device related at all.  It appears to me to be account related,  Also, I have tried removing all access rights to an account and adding them back.  That did not help as I thought it might.  I’d be looking at how these permissions are stored, disseminated and validated to see where the grantor or user of the permissions might be failing to update the granted permissions.

Also, all of our devices are running iOS version 12.1.3.  All but the 10.5” iPad Pro are running the latest Arlo App.  That one iPad Pro is running the last high functioning version of the Arlo App.  V2.5.5

Louis_ArloPM
Arlo Employee Retired

cool- thanks, ill report it back to the team!

Dirkdiggler1234
Initiate
Initiate
Thank you for listening👍🏻
AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

Ditto.  Thank you!  I just noticed they were back this morning.  

Looks like it may have been a backend issue.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi everyone,

As some may be aware already, a new update is available for the Arlo iOS app. Make sure to install the latest version, which is 2.7.2. We appreciate your patience once again 🙂