Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

BB117
Initiate
Initiate

I keep getting this message operation cannot be completed at this time does anyone know what this means

377 REPLIES 377
BB117
Initiate
Initiate
Arlo is fully aware of this problem they just don’t want to fix it you spent how much money on these cameras it’s pretty sad
dano429
Aspirant
Aspirant
My Arlo pro system videos still aren’t working either. Still says can’t be completed.
anics2019
Tutor
Tutor

Hi Arlo Team,

We in the community are patiently (or impatiently) awaiting a fix.  I loved this product, but this support or lack there of is making me think of changing my review to a negative one.  If all customers started doing this it would be bad for business. Please consider stepping on the gas pedal of a fix.

KKS-Col
Luminary
Luminary

I heartily agree!

Arlo2user
Star
Star

Hello: I posted about a week ago about this problem of recordings not able to play back. It sounds like some of the subsequent posters have actually communicated directly with Arlo, and I wonder how they do that? As I don't have a subscription, my only options appear to be live chat, which for some reason doesn't work on any of my four devices (no chat box ever appears into which I can type) or a phone call that will cost me because of my lack of subscription. My system is just going on a year old and is "protecting" a house that's 4,000 miles away. I am increasingly anxious about our inability to monitor it and about Arlo's seeming lack of concern. If anyone has suggestions on how to contact/elevate this issue, please post. Thank you.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Regardless of what's stated, Arlo support costs nothing using either method of contact.

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

Curlz57
Tutor
Tutor

Since Firmware 109202332920 update, I had to take the battery out of the camera and sync it again to get it to start detecting motion and record again.  Problem is that I had to go up and down the ladder which isn’t easy for me.  

When viewing and deleting recordings, the recordings would disappear and reappear again when I would log back in.  The problem was fixed when I deleted the Arlo app and reinstalled it.

My advice to Arlo is that a firmware update should not create extra work or outages for the consumer.  The consumer should not have to be inconvenienced.  

Curlz57
Tutor
Tutor

@Curlz57 wrote:

Since Firmware 109202332920 update, one out of three cameras does not detect motion and does not record; when viewing recordings of another camera, it records, but cannot view recording and a message saying “operation cannot be completed. Got it.” appears; when deleting a recording, all of the others disappear until the app is closed and reopened.  Only one camera is operating as normal.

Since Firmware
109202332920 update, I had to take the battery out of the camera and sync it again to get it to start detecting motion and record again.  Problem is that I had to go up and down the ladder which isn’t easy for me.  

When viewing and deleting recordings, the recordings would disappear and reappear again when I would log back in.  The problem was fixed when I deleted the Arlo app and reinstalled it.

My advice to Arlo is that a firmware update should not create extra work or outages for the consumer.  The consumer should not have to be inconvenienced.  

ChadofCNC
Apprentice
Apprentice

I've been getting The operation could not be completed a lot. In addition to my entire system not recording any videos to the library in the app & on the website. I am able to record manually and view my cameras manually. Arlo used to be so reliable and in case of support actually seeing these comments. I have removed all custom schedule/integrations, rebooted my system etc and this is happening with up to date firmware and up to date Windows 10 computers. The app is running on iPhone XR with all updates etc... 

Also, have checked or completed all known troubleshooting except defaulting the whole system. I have checked my entire network before coming here to look for clues, plus as a network engineer with 18 years experience, I've checked a few more troubleshooting steps than most home users. 

anics2019
Tutor
Tutor

Dear Arlo: What is the solution?  Is it to return the HW to the store if we still have the receipt?

KentT
Aspirant
Aspirant

Devices: iPhone 7 & iPad 5th gen OS 12.3.1

No local storage

intermittently 

Only on Q

ChadofCNC
Apprentice
Apprentice
I m starting to think so... This is the crap we are getting by this separation from Netgear.?.?
ChadofCNC
Apprentice
Apprentice
Storage is not a problem for me at least locally since I have a 2 terabyte has d drive & I’m a paid version on Arlo Cloud
Joetmurf
Tutor
Tutor
Separation from Netgear?
ChadofCNC
Apprentice
Apprentice
https://www.securitysales.com/automation/smart-home/netgear-arlo-security-camera-ipo/

Netgear to Spin-Off Arlo Security Camera Unit With an IPO..... That was in 2018 since then the problems are happening more often
ChadofCNC
Apprentice
Apprentice
But that’s way off topic since I have invested in the eco system & would like it to work correctly.
dsiu2902
Luminary
Luminary

I noticed that this horrible firmware 1.12.2.1_2798 has been slightly modified recently.

So now, when the camera is detected by motion, the recording will start to be crystal clear for about 10 to 12 seconds,

after which everything will drop to pixel, blurry video and herky-jerky motion of the remaining video.

So if your recording time is set to less than 10 seconds,

you will think that your system works fine with this firmware, but this is not the case.

Live streaming and manual recording (approx 24 to 29 minutes) did not change at all, and the issue remained the same.

So beware!!

Please support the following two ideas,  so that they can no longer do this again in the future:

Roll back to previous firmware 1.12.0.1_27940 from current firmware 1.12.2.1_2798:

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Idea-Exchange/Roll-back-to-previous-firmware-1-12-0-1-27940-from-...

Manual Firmware Update:

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Idea-Exchange/Manual-Firmware-Update/idi-p/1701867

Everyone, if you want to support this idea's, please leave a "like" to each idea.

Per @ShayneS comment on other forum, they are currently monitoring that board for the most liked features/requests.

Let see if she is telling the truth? Good luck everyone.

Pearl1
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the same problem... can’t look at video and can’t download iT : Cocoa error-1
Pearl1
Aspirant
Aspirant
Pearl1
Aspirant
Aspirant
Pearl1
Aspirant
Aspirant
When i wanted to visualise a video from arlo ( indeed almost 1 full 7 days..)
Pearl1
Aspirant
Aspirant
Pearl1
Aspirant
Aspirant
Curlz57
Tutor
Tutor

Did you try deleting and reinstalling the app?

ChadofCNC
Apprentice
Apprentice
I just defaulted my entire system and so far it’s working. BUT I’ll update my post tomorrow. Usually runs about 20 hours before I had to do a hard boot.