Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 40 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 14 In Conversation
Dannybear
Master
Master

Just updated to latest iOS app and seemed to be a harmless transition for iPhone 5s using iOS 12.1. I can see that a number of issues have been addressed so the development team is making progress. One observation so far is that I get an error message when I try to view snapshots from the library, it tells me that I do not hevc support and says to use another device. Videos play fine.

40 REPLIES 40
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

test and see if it works on the web ( fire fox works best imo ) to narrow down if its the system or the app/ios

https://arlo.netgear.com

At least then you can be specific as to issue

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
ErinFl2019
Aspirant
Aspirant
The same thing happened to me today.
Interested in the answers to this issue.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @Raven11 and @ErinFl2019,

Are you running the latest iOS version on your iOS device? Do you have a screenshot that shows this error? And what Arlo devices do you have?

Raven11
Tutor
Tutor

Hi Jessica,

Yes I have the latest IOS 12.1.3 updated software.

See screenshots below.

The camera that generated the videos in question is an Arlo Pro. It’s one of two Pros that I have in my five camera system. The other three cameras I have are basic Arlo cameras. This camera has been working fine, generating normal videos, without any problems playing the videos. Then one night these two videos popped up...one playable and one not. They both display as “manual”, so what generated them and why two different playback formats? 

I haven’t had a chance to try playing the video on a desktop computer.

Raven11
Tutor
Tutor

Second screenshot.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Thanks for providing the screenshots. Just to make sure, which video is not playable since you mentioned one is playable and the other is not?

Raven11
Tutor
Tutor

Hi,

Both videos were created at the same time. Both show as “manual”, but only the one on the right has the “play” arrow embedded in the middle of the image. This video (the one on the right) will play normally.

However, the video on the left does not have a play arrow, and when you select this video the pop-message appears.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Thanks for providing the extra information. Our development team is aware that the image might (with no play icon) show the error that you mentioned. The fix for this should be coming soon. We appreciate your patience and understanding and will make sure to update the community once we hear more information.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Thanks for your patience regarding this. Try to download the newest Arlo app version, which is 2.7.2, and see if this resolves the issue.

P444y
Aspirant
Aspirant
Update with latest software still same. Unable to delete or view..
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @P444y,

Are you receiving the same error? What device are you using? And could you provide a screenshot with the error?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

And, for sure, this is with a Pro 2 camera, not an Ultra?

Dannybear
Master
Master
Update:
Updated to iOS App v2.7.2 and issue has been resolved. iPhone 5s and iPad Air 2.
Thanks to all involved.
P444y
Aspirant
Aspirant
Vmc4030 arlo pro on iPhone and iPad. Latest update installed. Thanks
mophead
Tutor
Tutor

I occasionally have the same issue.  Unable to play video because "your device does not support HEVC format."  Both iOS and Arlo software have latest updates.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It appears to be an artifact of the recent addition of the Ultra capabilities to the iOS app. Open a case with support:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

Discussion stats
  • 40 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 14 In Conversation