Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Subscription Service Info

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
a7awo
Aspirant
Aspirant

If I wanted to have continous recording, be alerted on motion and be able to use outside then will the free subscription cover this or will any subscription cover this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

@a7awo wrote:

So 'continuous ' means only records when motion is detected?

and LTE is that you can only view the clips on a mobile device and not on a desktop?

Yes...tho there is a paid 24/7 record option if camera is plugged in ($10 per month per camera, storage 14days )

the recorded video clips are cloud based and they can be viewed either by phone app ( android or ios ) and at any computer with internet ( web access )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

No...

the free or basic level will allow 7 days rolling storage and usage while not at home ( LTE ) with alert/emails.

24/7 recordings requires the CVR plan purchase

a7awo
Aspirant
Aspirant

ok, so I can have 7 day rolling of 'continuous' free/basic?

Also what does 'usage while not at home ( LTE )' mean?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

It ( the 7 days is not continuous ) is only triggered recordings

The will be saved for 7 days...on day 8, the 1st day is auto deleted unless you save them to you computer

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

LTE is when you use you phone and not home ( phone data )

a7awo
Aspirant
Aspirant

and LTE is that you can only view the clips on a mobile device and not on a desktop?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

@a7awo wrote:

Yes...tho there is a paid 24/7 record option if camera is plugged in ($10 per month per camera, storage 14days )

the recorded video clips are cloud based and they can be viewed either by phone app ( android or ios ) and at any computer with internet ( web access )

a7awo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the clarification ... you might be able to see why it's confusing ... I may be mistaken but I think Arlo adverstise 'free continuous recording' for 7 days which doesn't mean 'continuous' ... and they also mention 'away from home' which doesn't mean anything really as you can view your recordings from any device, anywhere 🙂

Victoriaathome
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a wire free camera and I don't have any subscription service (yet). If I wanted to use the subscription service, do you have the last 30 days stored in the cloud and I could then access it? I need to go back a couple of weeks to see who was messing around with the camera.

Also, I am thinking that I'm going to plug them in, but keep them outside mounted. It won't be a problem to keep the battery in, and also power with plug, right?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Victoriaathome

The 30 days will start after the subscription is purchased. yes, you absolutely can have the cameras plugged in to AC power while the battery is inserted.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation