Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
419hamden
Tutor
Tutor
Since around 2pm eastern time camera we not recording or sending notifications. All settings are correct and I can view live video.
90 REPLIES 90
halarlo
Aspirant
Aspirant
FG1234
Guide
Guide
SublimitySam- Can you do me a favor and test the temp fix I found. Again, I just did it with my Pro 2 system and it worked. All you need to do is remove the third Activity Zone (Yellow) from all cameras (MAX two Activity Zones per camera) and then go outside and test walking by. I started to get notifications right away.
halarlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I don't think I'm using activity zones? I just have the cameras setup without any modification. 

Ridgi
Aspirant
Aspirant
So I’m having the same issue, but when I added to my HomeKit By Apple on any of there devices my cameras is working I get notifications from my Apple HomeKit but the app is not sending notifications and I can’t check my cameras. Although I can’t record or use the 2 way audio feature, but I can still hear and view my cameras live. So it’s the app not the cameras.
SublimitySam
Aspirant
Aspirant

ShayneS 

• All 5 of my cameras seem to be affected.
  • I am receiving no notifications and no recordings show in Library

I think I mentioned that my cams are recording to the thumb drive.  And I was able to record stills and video to Library manually through live view.  

FG1234

Just curious, what leads you to suspect activity zones?

I did as you suggested and deleted the 3rd activity zone from all cameras... didn't work.  Then I deleted ALL activity zones. Low and behold, i'm now getting notification and the  cams are recording to Library appropriately.

Thank you for your help!! 

Moderators

My immediate issue is resolved.  But I am not the OP of this thread and many others have weighed in that they are having similar, but not necessarily exactly  the same issue.  

I suggest you NOT call this solved and close this thread. I strongly believe this issue is at the cloud level back at the Arlo servers.

SublimitySam
Aspirant
Aspirant

ShayneS I don't see that it has any bearing on what my issue was, but I have iPhone X. The lack of recordings was the same with the web based Arlo on my Windows 10 PC with both in both in Edge and Chrome.  

SublimitySam
Aspirant
Aspirant

UPDATE:

I just reinstated most activity zones on all cameras.  I still receive notifications and Library recordings.  All is well for now - but what will happen next...?

FG1234
Guide
Guide
There was a lot of trial and error, but I had two cameras that only had two zones and then the rest had three. That was the only difference that I could find in the cameras that were working and not working. I tried deleting one of the zones and all of the sudden the cameras started picking up and sending notifications. I am glad, though the solution is a little different, that it worked.
halarlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Glad yours is working. Mine is not and I never used zones. It now says some cameras are online and some are offline. It seems like it might be recording videos but I'm not getting alerts and they appear as being offline. I'm also getting a message the battery is dead that was recently charged. The batteries are running out within days instead of 4-6 weeks during the disconnections. In fact, I just put in a newly charged battery and it is saying I only have 14% which I'm sure is not the case. I'm thinking there must be a software issue since the switch to the new app. I'm not sure what to do other than hope a fix is in the works and that my system will start functioning at some point.

dazzyd
Aspirant
Aspirant

@FG1234 

Mate you should work for arlo!!. that activitiy zone issue single -handedly fixed all my recording and notification issues. i removed all activity zones and only INSTALLED  the yellow activity zones on 2 cameras only,  i got all my notifications and recording. If i installed it on a 3rd Camera, no notifications and no recordings. 

what a weird bug.!! Arlo if you reading this fix this software issue please.

Thanks

HungNguyen
Aspirant
Aspirant
My Arlo pro 2 front door work perfectly fine before 14OCT2019 after that I don’t know why it not push notification and recorded video even Arlo send me new camera it still the same please help me solve the issue
FG1234
Guide
Guide
@dazzyd

Wonder if they pay well :)!

I am glad it worked for you and a few others. It most definitely is a strange bug.
Moonshine1
Initiate
Initiate

Camera is not recording and sending no alerts.

It sees activity but it does not show up in the library or no alert to the app of the activity.

We have had nothing but problems since the change. Keeps wanting us to download the app or update but reverts back to login page

eHx
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have one camera where no notifications are working... it doesn't have an activity zone. Anybody know how to fix that? It was working fine before the update

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@eHx wrote:

I have one camera where no notifications are working... it doesn't have an activity zone. Anybody know how to fix that? It was working fine before the update

Is it recording?

stinman
Tutor
Tutor

My kit says it's a VMS4230P there is no number in the drop down list for this one. Firmware is Base station (1.14.0.8_2877_c1ef1ce) Cameras Hardware H6, firmware (1.125.13.0_31717) Both cameras have same firmware. One is aimed at back door and other is aimed at front door. Front door camera is one not detecting motion. Could Homekit from Apple be interfering ? Probably not because back door camera works and front door camera only picks up sound.

I have tried repeatedly for 3 days to get one of my cameras to detect motion. It will not even show the yellow light when using the utilities. It will detect sound just not motion. My other camera detects both. I seen one other post here and followed that guys instructions to remove battery, remove the camera from the app ( I also have most updated app, I have Iphone with homekit. it still says not supported but does work) not to put battery back in for at least 2 minutes. Then add camera back by re-syncing it. I did this and it did not work either. I tried other suggestions. If Arlo people check these post I look forward to a useful response. For almost $400 bucks I expect perfection, there are lots of choices out there these days. I picked Arlo because my sister has older one from walmart and it works great! I buy the better version and it's not working so good! I got up to 15 days to return it, which means 12 left, so hopefully someone can help 

iratenate
Tutor
Tutor

I'm having this same issue and my system is currently broken due to it. I've reset my bay station remotely which did nothing.

I have not had any recordings in days and no notifications. 

Every time Arlo releases a firmware update it breaks something. Shortly after I got this system, geofencing broke after an update and there were tons of posts on the forums about it and it took MONTHS for them to fix it.

This company has terrible support and communication with it's customers and it's a shame that they are still in business at this point. 

You Arlo moderators and support people see these posts yet do nothing to communicate with us that the issue is being looked into. You just tell us to do the same crap over and over again which doesn't resolve the issue.

We paid good money for this "security" system and it's broken more often than not. If you work for Arlo, find another job and a soul.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

stinman
Tutor
Tutor

I see you "The moderator" made a response 10/31/2019. Yesterday, So can you say what they have learned? It seems some folks have fixed the issue their self, or at least think they did. I too thought I did for a short time. I am also starting to think that Apple Home "HomeKit", could be causing issues with the Arlo app. Naturally anything "Apple" will try and over ride all other apps unless you can force it to stop. So far even though I have uninstalled Home, and got rid of the data, it still will automatically pull up cameras if I click on it! Kind of like Microsoft and Edge or Windows Defender, you can turn it off but you can't get rid of it! I really want to keep these cameras if I can get them fixed right but I only got 15 day's and it's almost up unless I go pay another $48 for a 3 yr added protection plan. Which is good but sucks to be forced to buy this **bleep** to make sure you have a recourse of action, because without it one is on their own left up to tech support, and if your english only speaking person we can sometimes have quite a difficult time understanding what they are saying even if they are speaking english! I mean no disrespect or anything, it's just true.  Moderator "Sir/Madam", do you work for Arlo or are you just a volunteer mod like most forums? Thanks for your time and response

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@stinman wrote:

Moderator "Sir/Madam", do you work for Arlo ...

Arlo employees who are active here have the Arlo logo after their username at the top of their posts.  Mods work for Arlo.

Superusers are volunteers and do not have mod rights.  Meaning we cannot access user information, see or escalate support tickets, etc.

stinman
Tutor
Tutor

thank you! I figured this to be the case. Like most forums people volunteer their time to help folks from what they've learned like you. While I do appreciate your input only a person from Arlo can answer certain questions unless you have learned what has worked from others and passed on the info. People are quick to be **bleep**ty to a mod due to them not knowing the the difference if they work for Arlo or not

stinman
Tutor
Tutor

My one camera will not detect motion, send motion to the app it's a A2R1997CBC4AD Camera, Hardware H6, Firmware 1.125.13.0_31717  > no updates available. This camera will not detect motion or will it flash the yellow light under motion utilities with it set on sensitivity at 100! So I believe there is a hareware issue? What you think? It could be a software issue but I even hooked it to the plugin wire, and tried to set a zone only to no avail. No matter what it will not send a alert to my Arlo app and will not flash the yellow light when using the utilities. It will send an audio alert to the cloud but not give me a warning on the app!

Base station is a VMB4500r2, firmware 1.14.0.8_2877c1ef1ce no updates available, 5k31997AA1B2A.

Now my other camera with give off motion detection, it will under motion detection with sensitivity set at 50 in the motion detection test, flash the yellow light when it detects motion. So far as I am concerned almost $400 it should work in the simplest terms. It goes back tomorrow if I can't get this fixed. I will try another one again. Lets hope it works but way to many complaints! I'm pretty good at getting things to work. If I figure it out I will post back

Manolan478
Aspirant
Aspirant

Delete the Activity Zones as this user suggested and I started receiving notifications. I like the product, but this pissed me off. I called Arlo, spoke with someone not in the US and he kept telling me it would work. The communication barrier sucked. 

Arlo, please teach this solution to your techs so your users are not reloading apps, phones and wasting two weeks trying to find the solution. 

Arlo, fix the activity zone and make sure the notifications actually reference the zone where the notification came from.

Maxiehouse
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having a similar problem. I have four cameras with 2 different base stations. 3 on one and 1 on the other. No cameras have activity zones set. One camera is recording and the other three is not. This is not a base station issue as the camera that is recording is on the base station that has the three cameras. I am really disappointed that once again these expensive security camera become useless as a security device. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@stinman wrote:

... only a person from Arlo can answer certain questions ...

Very true, and I either don't respond to those, or use the @ to bring them to a mod's attention.