Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro cameras keep going off as if there's motion every couple of seconds

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Toni1946
Apprentice
Apprentice

My cameras keep going off as if there's motion every couple of seconds. I don't understand what is happening!

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That's usually a function of the sun's reflected IR being detected as motion. This can be caused by cars or by branches/leaves blowing in the wind, causing the reflection to move. Lowering the motion sensitivity during the day and/or repositioning the camera so those items aren't in view are the first steps.

Toni1946
Apprentice
Apprentice

If I lower the motion detection, will "people" still show up? That's my concern. I don't remember my cameras doing this last year, so you're probably right about how I have them placed. Thank you for your answer.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Toni1946 wrote:

If I lower the motion detection, will "people" still show up? That's my concern. 

There is a balance between reducing unwanted recordings and getting all the recordings you do want.  So you don't want to set the motion detection too low. 

If the issue is managing notifications/recordings (and not battery life), then a paid subscription lets you use cloud activity zones and smart notifications, which can also help.

Toni1946
Apprentice
Apprentice

I've never looked into a subscription. I always thought Arlo was just free. How do I go about looking into it? Thank you for your reply.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Toni1946 wrote:

I've never looked into a subscription. I always thought Arlo was just free. How do I go about looking into it? 

The subscription options are outlined here: https://kb.arlo.com/88/What-are-the-available-Arlo-subscription-plans-and-how-much-cloud-recording-i...

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation