Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
419hamden
Tutor
Tutor
Since around 2pm eastern time camera we not recording or sending notifications. All settings are correct and I can view live video.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hello Community,

The issue with No PN, E-mail or Recordings when 3 Activity Zones created should now be resolved. If you still experience this issue, please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. Arlo Tech Support

View solution in original post

90 REPLIES 90
MacPac05
Guide
Guide

For the past few days my cameras are recording nothing. I've made sure they are on and connected. They show up in the app and I can turn them on for live video. I can walk around and they have the orange light upon motion detection, and the motion icon in the app lights up. However within 2-3 seconds or shuts off and does not record. I have hard booted, resynced my cameras.... The only thing I haven't done is reset the whole thing, deleting everything and starting over. Did something on the app change that I missed? A new setting? This is beyond ridiculous.

Justh1n
Tutor
Tutor
I do have the same problems, my activity zones are not working even though I pay a monthly fee. Once I turn them off it does record movement. Do you have activity zones setup?
MacPac05
Guide
Guide
I do!! I will turn those off and see if that works. I too pay a monthly fee, which is part of the irritation. I hate paying for things that don't work. Thank you for that heads up. Hopefully this issue will be resolved quickly.
MacPac05
Guide
Guide
That seemed to do the trick. Now the real question is, what changed that the activity zones don't work. And how long will it be before they've fixed that issue?
Thank you for the response and info!
alexmereness
Star
Star

Activity zones have been pretty hit and miss and kind of janky since the beginning. However, over the last couple weeks, they are completely unusable for me now. I noticed that we were no longer getting motion alerts at all, even worse, no recordings were being saved to the cloud, even though motion was definitely detected. Did some basic troubleshooting, reboot all cameras, base station, internet modem, router, etc. Still no luck. This morning I decided I would try disabling the 'Smart' features, still no luck. Finally tried deleting all activity zones and boom; alerts began working, recordings are being uploaded/stored. Thought maybe it was a fluke so again, re-added activity zones and tried again, no luck - no alerts, no recordings. Deleted them again and it begins working as intended. Clearly the activity zones are just not working. I had heard people complain about them in the past, but at one point mine were working, so I figured it was more isolated to them. After the last couple weeks, I've realized that is not the case. I've been a huge advocate for Alro, having installed them for multiple friends, family, and neighbors. At this point I'm disappointed and definitely frustrated. Arlo needs to get this sorted out. Failing to record on what is supposed to be a 'Security Camera' is a pretty big fail and flaw. Before giving a canned response saying something like "I couldn't recreate the issue" or "Try rebooting", etc. search the web for this issue.......it's isolated and not a coincidence. People have mentioned it and there IS a problem. It's an expensive system to fail in this manor. Also, I am a pretty techie person, working in software for a living. 

My System Details

• 4 Arlo Pro Cameras, 1 Base Station
    • Camera 1 ('Driveway')
      • HW Version: H8
      • Firmware: 1.092.0.23_32920
    • Camera 2 ('Front Door')
    • Camera 3 ('Garage Back Door')
      • HW Version: H14
    • Camera 4 ('Back Door')
  • Base Station
    • HW Version: VMB400r3
    • Firmware: 1.14.1.1_2913_78b189a
dazzyd
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi There, i am having the same trouble too for the past couple of days.

has your issue been fixed. ? if it is can you let me know what you did

Justh1n
Tutor
Tutor

So I've talked with Arlo support, they made a case for the issue. We'll have to wait for their team to fix the issue.

glentherrien
Initiate
Initiate

Same problem here.

have had this product for 2 weeks now,. this is the third programming issue. this unit was almost 650.00 plus tax.

heard good things about this product, but im done. returning it today

halarlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue. I used the text support and was able to get the cameras back up for maybe 1 minute? Then they stopped working again. I have restarted the basestation, changed batteries, removed and added all of the cameras a few times with the same results. The cameras will appear briefly and then go offline. No recordings, alerts and the batteries also appear to drain much quicker than they normally do.

FG1234
Guide
Guide

I am new to the Arlo system (Arlo Pro 2 6 Camera System) as of the Oct 20th, and was very excited, but then found that the Motion/Activity Zone was not working on four of the cameras. This was a HUGE selling point for me since CVR was to much. I bought the Smart package thinking that I needed that given what I was reading but I still was not getting Activity  Zone notifications on all of the cameras. Everything was setup correctly, I did the motion test and that worked but still no luck with notifications/recordings. I started digging into the settings a little further (over the last 4 hours!) doing trail and error to the two working cameras and found what I think is the bug because I tested and I am now getting notifications and recordings on the four cameras.

So, if you have your Activity Zones setup you MUST ONLY USE two of them at max. If you have three zones setup (yellow zone), delete that zone and go outside and test. Right after I deleted that zone from all the cameras that were not working, I started to get notifications/recordings!

SIDE NOTE- Arlo Support/Development... If you are reading this, I called to report this bug and short term fix and the agent that answered would not (or could not) direct me to someone that could report this to your development department. This definitely needs to be addressed and a few months of free Arlo Smart would be appreciated given the time invested by me and since it will save you customers given the frustration on this string and others. Please let me know who to contact for that.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @alexmereness

I have a few questions for you

-What version of the Arlo mobile app are you using?

-What Device/Phone/Model/OS are you using?

-Have you tried to remove the cameras from Settings > My Devices > Re-Add them?

alexmereness
Star
Star
I'm using the latest Android version, 2.9.2_26040. Yes, I did attempt that, though I didn't do it for every camera. I used one to test it and ended up with the same issue. Since I have deleted all activity zones, my cameras and notifications have been working flawlessly.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@alexmereness

Have you tried contacting customer support to further investigate the issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hello,

Are you still experiencing this issue?

Are you receiving any (Push notifications) for the motion detected? 

419hamden
Tutor
Tutor
I downloaded an update from the play store. No rhyme or reason as to what caused the issue or why it was fixed
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are you still experiencing this issue with not receiving notifications or recordings?

Greekmd
Aspirant
Aspirant

had a lot of motion detection

probably 100 times and I cannot see any playbacks now did I run out of cloud???

SublimitySam
Aspirant
Aspirant

I too have this problem.

As of 10/8, camera alert notifications stopped and video no longer recorded to the library. I've reset, reinstalled, rebooted, and reviewed everything all hardware and the Arlo Lifestyle app multiple times as well as checked everything via computer (vs app)... to no avail.  I also inserted a USB thumb drive for the first time; oddly my cams are recording to it (yet not to the library). On 10/16 I finally called Arlo support.  Below is the email conformation:

Hello xxx xxxxxx,

Thank you for contacting Arlo Support. We have created a new case #xxxxxxxx to track the progress of your request.

Your Arlo Case Details
Case Number: xxxxxxxx
Subject: unable to see the recordings into Arlo app
Created Date: 10/16/2019
Description: Inquiry:unable to see the recordings into Arlo app

cell phone : iphone x
Arlo app: Arlo life style .
App version : 2.9.1_1134

Troubleshooting:
--customer said his cameras are detecting motion and he is getting recordings in the thumb drive .
--He said he is not receiving the push notifications and recordings in the library .
--Advised the customer he need to power cycle the BS .
--customer said he already power cycled the BS and reset the BS and still he is getting the same issue .
--Advised the customer bring the one camera near to the BS .
--customer successfully bringed the back porch camera near to the BS .
--Advised the customer he need to click on settings > my devices > camera and click on remove device .
--customer successfully removed the back porch camera .
--Advised the customer he need to re sync the camera to the BS .
--customer successfully re synced the camera to the BS .
--Advised the customer he need to check it again still he is able to see the recordings in library or not .
--customer said still he is not able to see the recordings in the library.
--Advised the customer this is the know issue and our team is working on it and it will fix asap .
customer understood
eoc

Other than this email, it's crickets from Arlo.  I am beginning to weigh my options.

I urge everyone with this or similar issue call Arlo support.  Please humor them to a degree of troubleshooting but don't let them talk you into reinstalling every camera.  I had to be stern that I wasn't going to do it for them as I done it so many times before. I believe this has something to do with my account at the cloud level, not locally with my system.

FG1234
Guide
Guide

SublimitySam - How many Activity Zones do you have setup on each camera? 

SublimitySam
Aspirant
Aspirant

5 cameras, each has 3 activity zones.  Do you think activity zones might be causing this issue?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Which cameras are you experiencing the issue with?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are you receiving notifications but no recordings in your library? Or are you not receiving anything at all? 

What Phone/Model/OS are you using?

Jkvonheimburg
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am receiving alerts of motion, but go to library to see video and nothing is there. Android, S8+
halarlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same experience here. I hope this can be resolved soon. Whether or not, it would be tremendously helpful (and goodwill) to provide some information letting us know that someone is at least working on a solution. Arlo replaced my original basestation after a firmware update supposedly made it unusable… perhaps this is the same problem? Was there recently another firmware update?