Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 20 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 12 In Conversation
GreedIsaSIN
Aspirant
Aspirant

We have 4 ARLO PRO 2 cameras and 1 other newer model.  All of a sudden at 6 am, All the ARLO PRO 2's are not recognized any longer.  Has ARLO stopped supporting them.  Base station does not recognize them any longer.  But still get notifications of movement

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Tom61
Aspirant
Aspirant

Update, I closed app, powered off and restarted my iPhone, opened app and cameras are there.  Spoke with support, it’s a known issue and they are working on it.

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@GreedIsaSIN wrote:

Has ARLO stopped supporting them

No (I have a couple still in service, and they are working).

@GreedIsaSIN wrote:

Base station does not recognize them any longer.  But still get notifications of movement

The only way they communicate is through the base station.  So if you are getting notifications, then the base station must be "recognizing" them.

Are you saying that you aren't seeing the cameras on the main screen?

If you are seeing them, can you live stream them?

mikegavone
Aspirant
Aspirant

The same thing happened to me. The app shows the hub but doesn't show the cameras. However I'll still get a motion indicator on the app but the recordings don't show up in the library. Tried unplugging the hub and plugging it back in. Then tried re-syncing the cameras. Only the hub is showing up even though it detects the camera during the sync process it never shows up under My Devices. Any suggestions? Thank you.

sonjaw4
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same problem. What is happening? 

sonjaw4
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can not see the cameras at all. They don’t show up under “my devices” in the settings. Can only see the hubs. The doorbell is still showing. But none of the pro 2 cameras appear anywhere in the app except under “support” witching the settings tab. 

rebec42
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue with my camera's.  The only device I can see is my doorbell.  All my Pro 2 camera's are gone from the app, but i am getting notifications.  I tried restarting the base station and updated the app and nothing worked.  

Conrad0011
Star
Star

Having the same problem here.  Got up this morning and none of my 4 cameras show up on my app. Only the base station

mikegavone
Aspirant
Aspirant

So I deleted and re-installed the app on my I-phone. Then I did a factory reset on my hub and had to reconnect it and all of the cameras again and now everything appears to be working again but it took 45 minutes 😞

Jennyko
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same here. No cameras show up in app. Only the base station shows. 

Conrad0011
Star
Star

Well it’s chilly and raining outside   Don’t really want to venture out for the two cameras outside. I shouldn’t have to do that.  Big expense of time I don’t have this morning and I shouldn’t have to not be able to view my Arlo s while I’m gone all day 

From this forum alone, this seems to be a problem with a lot of Arlo 2’s this morning.  Can’t be a coincidence

drquest
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 7 Pro 2's across two different accounts, two homes, and all 7 are gone as well.

Still getting notifications, and I can access them by looking at them on the webpage. my.arlo.com so I know they are still working. They all just disappeared from the app. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A couple of possibilities may help:

1) reboot your router and base, in that order

2) if the above fails, remove all devices and set the system back up as if new.

sonjaw4
Aspirant
Aspirant

Signed in via the web my.arlo.com and viewed the cameras. Restarted the app and now they are in the app.

A1_most-Done
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo Pro 2 modes not working in I-pad app.  1st I reset base station.  No success.  Next I reset Wi-Fi router.  Next I reset base station.  Next I updated I-pad app.  Next I logged back in and Modes would still not work -- unable to disarm cameras.

Next, logged out of I-pad and then logged back in on PC and ALL modes working.  Cameras have now been disarmed and we will wait to see what happens when we want to arm the cameras later today.

Tom61
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue here, all of my Pro 2 cameras disappeared from app, just have base station.  I am traveling and so can’t mess around with the devices.  Arlo please fix this.

Tom61
Aspirant
Aspirant

Update, I closed app, powered off and restarted my iPhone, opened app and cameras are there.  Spoke with support, it’s a known issue and they are working on it.

rebec42
Aspirant
Aspirant

I logged off my app, restarted my phone and then logged back in. My camera’s are back. 

GreedIsaSIN
Aspirant
Aspirant

All our cameras slowly returned to ‘my devices’ on the app. All is back to as before. Not sure what happened. First time since having thus system. I gave recommended ARLO to friends and family. Hope to get more years with what we have.

GreedIsaSIN
Aspirant
Aspirant

The cams were nit showing up on the device list and were not recording. When system came back up (3-4 hrs), All previous recordings showed up as well. This after resetting numerous times. All is good now. Solar flares, glitch, or ?, Glad it is back up. Didn't realize how much we review the csms till we couldn't.

DanielJo20
Star
Star

How do you get to talk to support , i try chat and only get robot responses

GreedIsaSIN
Aspirant
Aspirant

I never spoke with support but this person did:  

Tom61

Aspirant
‎2022-10-25 08:04 AM

Discussion stats
  • 20 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 12 In Conversation