Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo 2 base, new router

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Mistrmojorisin
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi. I got a new modem and router from cable company. My Arlo pro2 base and cameras haven't worked correctly since. I did factory reset, connected the base and paired all the cameras.  Everything shows online and I am getting motion notifications from every camera but in the app I am unable to view any recordings or connect live to any camera. I also uninstalled and reinstalled the app.  Thanks

14 REPLIES 14
Dannybear
Master
Master

When you say that the system didn’t work correctly after the change of the modem router, did you change the equipment back to confirm it was the new equipment?

Are the symptoms the same after the modem change to what you currently have?

It does suggest that the new router modem might be blocking ports 80, 123 or 443 that arlo uses for communication.

Check with your isp provider and have them resolve it.

Mistrmojorisin
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi. Unable to go back to previous equipment as I exchanged modem and router with the cable company.  I was able to connect the base station and the cameras to the base station using the app.  I am getting notifications of motion through the app but I am unable to view any recordings through the app or view live.  When I select a camera it just spins and spins but never shows video. I will check about the ports. Thanks for the reply.

Mistrmojorisin
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, I checked with cable company and they confirmed those ports are open.  Thanks again for the suggestion, any other?

Dannybear
Master
Master

What do you see when you try live streaming the cameras?

Are the cameras externally powered or just on batteries?

If there on external power try disconnecting power and live stream again else if battery pull the battery for 10sec.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Mistrmojorisin wrote:

Hi, I checked with cable company and they confirmed those ports are open.  Thanks again for the suggestion, any other?

What is the LED status on the base?

Mistrmojorisin
Aspirant
Aspirant

Good morning. The only thing that happens when I try to live stream is the wheel spins but never connects. I do get notifications of movement from all cameras but new recordings don't show in the app.

Thanks,

Chris

Mistrmojorisin
Aspirant
Aspirant

And they are on batteries.

Mistrmojorisin
Aspirant
Aspirant

Good morning.  The top and bottom light are solid green.  The middle light is solid green but blinks some times.  Thanks for replying.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Mistrmojorisin wrote:

Good morning.  The top and bottom light are solid green.  The middle light is solid green but blinks some times.  Thanks for replying.

Are you seeing the same issue when you use a PC (browsing to my.arlo.com)?

Mistrmojorisin
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes. When I try to stream a camera it says please wait for a while then it says an unexpected error has occurred.  Thanks

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try rebooting the router and base, in that order.

Mistrmojorisin
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks, I'll give it a shot.

Mistrmojorisin
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks everyone. Resetting the router then the base did it.  

Dannybear
Master
Master

If the issue returns again after a power outage, you may want to consider either placing the base and station and the router modem on a ups or installing a smart plug on the base station so you can remotely power cycle it when your away. You may also want one on the router modem as it sounds like a problem system.

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation