Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

No alerts, no videos, but can watch live

Discussion stats
Dood
Apprentice
Apprentice

Two days now there have been no videos and no notifications. I am able to watch live video from the cameras.

The mode is set to Armed (all cameras operating). I’ve checked the mode and all of the cameras are as they were, set to detect motion and send me notifications. 

Best answers
  • BrookeN
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

This behavior should now be resolved, if you are still seeing this behavior please reach out to me directly. You send a dm by clicking on the envelope icon on the top right of the forum page.

• BrookeN
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

We are aware of the behavior you are experiencing. The development team is currently looking into this. As soon as there is an update I will reach out to the community.

119 REPLIES 119
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Others have reported that removing all devices from your account and adding them back as if new has worked.

MyAtlopro
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Arlo pro cameras stopped recording all a sudden. I can record manually but the motion and sound sensor recordings are not happening. I restarted the base station armed and disarmed the mode change to scheduled and back to armed mode. Still no luck. Am also not able to see my wifi details on the Arlo app. Please help. 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

This behavior should now be resolved, if you are still seeing this behavior please reach out to me directly. You send a dm by clicking on the envelope icon on the top right of the forum page.

rWynn
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am still having this issue. I have rebooted the base station.

jordanfox2
Aspirant
Aspirant

I got a call from Arlo support yesterday that this is a GLOBAL issue.  Everyone who has the base station and cameras I have is experiencing this and it is not fixed yet.  No ETA.  Very disappointed in Arlo.

Jordan

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The same "solution" should work - remove all devices and add them back as if new.

jordanfox2
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo support called me and specifically told me NOT to do this.  I was told to wait for Arlo to fix.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I think I saw a post from an Arlo mod indicating that a fix was coming or is already in place. If you still don't have recordings even after rebooting your base, likely the only fix is to reset the system and start fresh, regardless of what support says.

Jswhited
Aspirant
Aspirant
All of my cameras stopped recording motion. They all are armed and I can watch live, but no motion will trigger.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A quick search would reveal several such reports as well as a possible "solution". While it has generally been suggested to remove all devices from your account and add them back fresh, as if new, I just saw a post that said removing one camera and adding it back, rather than the whole system, cleared the problem. Try that first and resort to the full system reset only if you must.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

If anyone is still seeing this behavior, please send me a dm. You send a dm by clicking on the envelope icon on the top right of the forum page.

Bwojo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Cameras work but no longer storing the video.  I was told 7 day should still be free.  Arlo won't help.  Any suggestions 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Bwojo wrote:

Cameras work but no longer storing the video.  

Others with this problem have reported that

1. removing everything from the account,
  2. resetting the base with a paper clip, 
  3. and then adding everything back

resolves the issue.

Dave2345
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes I did the whole disconnect thing 2 weeks ago and now it’s happened again. Interesting…

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Can you please try it now and see if you see the same behavior?

SnappyD
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have owned camera for a few years and it has worked great. I have 2 pro 2 cameras. One works great, the other has stopped recording to the library. Live viewing still seems to work. 

I have checked for updates, and “no updates available”. Cameras show they are armed. I have removed the camera from the system and added it back with no change.  I have tried to open a ticket via the Arlo app but I’m guessing since it out of warranty, they will not allow a case to open. After multiple attempts, no cases appear open. 

I see other people having similar issues with no resolution…

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Can you make a manual recording while livestreaming?

Have you tried the motion detection test?

SnappyD
Aspirant
Aspirant

I can view live feeds, but they do not store in the library.  Motion detection is set to 100%. Look at the camera I don’t see anything obvious blocking the motion sensor. I have the camera mounted up high that requires a ladder to access. 

SnappyD
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok, I can manually make recordings by pressing the record button (dot in a circle). This does leave a log in the library 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@SnappyD wrote:

Ok, I can manually make recordings by pressing the record button (dot in a circle). This does leave a log in the library 

Also try the motion detection test here:

This doesn't require camera access, you just need to walk in the field of view (close enough so you are in the area where the camera normally detects motion).

There are quite a few folks reporting issues with getting motion recordings on their Pro 2 cameras.  But almost all of them are reporting this with all the cameras in their account, not just a few.  If you are having that problem, then most have said that

• removing the cameras and base from the account
  • doing a paper-clip reset of the base
  • adding the base and cameras back to the account

resolved it for them.

Unfortunately, that requires taking the cameras down.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Can you see if you are seeing the same behavior after logging out and logging back in?

Scottydb
Aspirant
Aspirant

Apparently my cameras have been offline for some time.  I have 206 notifications from Arlo Secure app but no recorded videos available.  Online it says I now have to buy a monthly subscription but I have had the free 7 days of storage since I purchased these units.  They say they are EOL by Jan 1 2025 so if it dies then... so be it.

The model numbers are

Base: VMC4000r3

Cameras VMC4030P

That said, on the App, the scheduled mode does not work.  It always just says Disarmed.  If I arm all the cameras, its not recording anyway so right now I just have pretty wall decoration.

Can someone answer me:

1.  Do I have to buy a subscription to record videos now?  OR... if I plug in a hard drive can I at least record locally?

2.  Is the scheduler broken?  I have checked and I have no firmware updates available.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Scottydb wrote:

1.  Do I have to buy a subscription to record videos now

No.  Quite a few users have reported issues with recording and notifications with similar setups to yours.

Generally they've said that

1. removing the equipment from their account
  2. resetting the base with a paper clip
  3. adding all the equipment back to the account

resolved it for them.

Though maybe try just logging out of the account and then back in first.

Scottydb
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have tried restarting the base station, deleting and resinstalling the app, and logging in from the web site (rather than the app).  None of those worked.  I currently have the system set to armed which is set to record on any of my 4 cameras on motion... and there are people literally playing in my family room right now and the cameras are recording nothing.

Will try resetting everything when I get home.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I have synced your account using our back-end tools. Can you see if you see the same behavior throughout the day.