Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

No alerts, no videos, but can watch live

Discussion stats
Dood
Apprentice
Apprentice

Two days now there have been no videos and no notifications. I am able to watch live video from the cameras.

The mode is set to Armed (all cameras operating). I’ve checked the mode and all of the cameras are as they were, set to detect motion and send me notifications. 

Best answers
  • BrookeN
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

This behavior should now be resolved, if you are still seeing this behavior please reach out to me directly. You send a dm by clicking on the envelope icon on the top right of the forum page.

• BrookeN
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

We are aware of the behavior you are experiencing. The development team is currently looking into this. As soon as there is an update I will reach out to the community.

119 REPLIES 119
Alro2024
Aspirant
Aspirant

Since the app update I can't get any of my cameras to record. I have a hub. I've set all the actions in the app. The only way the doorbell records is if the bell is hit. Arlo Essential Wired Video Doorbell Arlo Ultra 2 Wireless Security Camera 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I have passed this information onto the development team. I will provide the community an update as soon as possible.

Gusty
Aspirant
Aspirant

Cameras are not recording any more after years of service without a subscription. They work on live video only.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Similar posts have been made here recently - a quick search before posting would have found them for you. The current "solution" is to remove all devices from your account and add them back in, starting with the base, as if new.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Which mode are you using? A screenshot of the rules may be useful.

Alro2024
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've been in all the modes and set up notifications. I'm currently in home but I've tried being in both with no notifications and no recordings. 

jordanfox2
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello.  I have an Arlo Pro from 2017.  Got it at Costco.  Looks like VMB4000.  Looks like a little over a week ago I stopped getting notifications and nothing in Library.  I have done motion sensor test and cameras detect motion.  I can also play live video.  Just no alerts and nothing in Library for some reason.  I'm not sure what has changed.

I restarted the hub by unplugging and also On/Off button.  I logged out of app and back in.  I also deleted the app and reinstalled it.  Nothing is solving the problem.  Appreciate any help!

Hardware: VMB4000r3
Firmware: 1.24.01_4436_8938370

Kemosabi
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same happened to me on May 16th 2024 no alerts or recordings. Tried rebooting the whole system but never worked

MattTrigg
Aspirant
Aspirant

Only thing I could do was cancel the subscription and restart. This has worked.....

MattTrigg
Aspirant
Aspirant

Shame Arlo keep messing about and breaking things. I have lost money by having to cancel and restart the subscription. 

Kemosabi
Aspirant
Aspirant

I ended up removing each camera one by one and adding them back individually.

pain as you have to reset the motion detection parameters. A couple of them i need to get up ladders as they have been installed in high areas . 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Silly question but does the rule include Record Video being enabled? What are the camera settings in Default Mode Settings?

Alro2024
Aspirant
Aspirant

Screenshot_20240519_090633_Arlo Secure.jpg

 yes, I get no notification or video.

Alro2024
Aspirant
Aspirant

Screenshot_20240519_091028_Arlo Secure.jpg

 yes

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I see an icon next to Record (an "I" inside a circle). If you click on that what does it say?

Alro2024
Aspirant
Aspirant

Video and snapshots will be stored in the SD card

Juggernaut122
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi all.

Since May 14th, my cameras will detect motion but will not record any videos to the free cloud service.
I have 4 cameras - 3 arlo pro and 1 arlo pro 2 - same cameras for about 5 years.

They all show live video when I press the play button but not a single recording at all since May 14th, when with normal activity they would record around 10 each day (each).
When I did a motion test, they all detect motion immediately with the amber light turning on.
I didn't change any of the settings in any way.
Is there a way to fix this?
Thank you!
Paul

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Other users who've run into this issue resolved it by

1. removing the base and cameras from their account
  2. doing a paper-clip reset of the base
  3. adding the base and cameras back to the account
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you rebooted the hub? It's possible the quickest solution is to remove all devices from your account and set it back up as if new.

Juggernaut122
Aspirant
Aspirant

Wow. That is super annoying, but I guess it is either that or abandon the Arlo system.

Thanks for the information!

Alro2024
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have rebooted the hub and I read other posts about this issue and removing the cameras hasn't helped. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Dave2345 wrote:

Same here. Did the 7 day free recording expire? Other posts said was staying until 2025.

It has not expired for any camera (including those on the EoL list).  

AllUsedUp
Tutor
Tutor

My cameras are not loading any action when they are armed. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@AllUsedUp wrote:

My cameras are not loading any action when they are armed. 

Several others here have reported that this procedure restored their normal operation:

1. remove the base and cameras from the account
  2. reset the base using a paper-clip
  3. add the base and cameras back to the account
jimca
Tutor
Tutor

I try and select a mode on the vmb4500 and am unable to do so.  I am storing recordings locally and this stopped working several days ago.  My cameras are three arlo pro 2's and one arlo pro 3.  I tried rebooting the hub and that didn't help.  Any suggestions?