Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

No alerts, no videos, but can watch live

Discussion stats
Dood
Apprentice
Apprentice

Two days now there have been no videos and no notifications. I am able to watch live video from the cameras.

The mode is set to Armed (all cameras operating). I’ve checked the mode and all of the cameras are as they were, set to detect motion and send me notifications. 

Best answers
  • BrookeN
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

This behavior should now be resolved, if you are still seeing this behavior please reach out to me directly. You send a dm by clicking on the envelope icon on the top right of the forum page.

• BrookeN
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

We are aware of the behavior you are experiencing. The development team is currently looking into this. As soon as there is an update I will reach out to the community.

119 REPLIES 119
Parkerfly
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo motion detection suddenly stopped working and no recordings at all are showing in my library. Help?  Cameras are charged up, will go live and they are on and online. Weird. 
What is going on and what do I need to do to resolve this?  

HarryWood
Aspirant
Aspirant

For some days arlo is not detecting and recording motion anymore. All seems to work fine when connecting to cameras via de app. Resetting base station did not solve issue.. 

Anynody an idea what causes it or [even better] how to solve it? Thanks in advance

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are you able to make a manual recording? Does that save to the library? 

jordanfox2
Aspirant
Aspirant

I can get the camera to play manually, but not sure how to record while doing that.  I have never done that before.  

Arlo support has agreed to call me.  They have tried a couple of times, but first one I ignored as I did not recognize the number and second one went straight to voicemail for some reason.

Jordan

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried reaching out to the number provided? 

HTP6941
Aspirant
Aspirant

Mine stopped work around the same time as yours.  I'd really appreciate it if you found out what the issue was caused by.  I did notice that shortly before it stopped working that there had been an outage and we weren't able to sign in on the app. It kept saying unrecognized and invalid session.  Since then you can connect to all of the cameras and watch live but I'm not getting any notifications and it's not recording anything.  I've pressed the reset button on the base station.  I've powered base station off and back on.  I've reset the base station via the app.  I've armed and disarmed all devices but it still won't work.  Any help would be appreciated.

jordanfox2
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've asked them for a number, but they want to call me.  I don't have a number (or support plan).

Arlo202020
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

I purchased Arlo Pro 2  back in 2018 and it was recording fine any detected sound or movement since then, however I noticed from couple of weeks ago that it stopped recording or sending notification whenever there's a sound or movement.

Does this have to do with the 7 days free cloud storage? if yes, why if it's not a new camera as I said I bought it back in 2018.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Peter

KZ123
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having same problem. My recording stopped on May 7th 2024.

I have 3 and they all stopped recording.  I have tried restarting my hub amd it doesn't make sense why they stopped. I tried replacing usb but I don't think that is the issue. I can  try restarting and resyncing cameras but they are not easily accessible so makes it hard to do that. 

Arlo, are you aware of this issue?

I know notifications work because I get request to allow new devices and I get notifications when I change alarm mode from motions to geofemcing and etc. I think there is a software or firmware bug.

dbd126
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 4 of the Arlo Pro 2 cameras and base station. I do not have a subscription. About 4 days ago, I noticed I wasn’t receiving any video recordings. I brought all the cameras inside and reset the base station. I made sure all cameras had fully charged batteries. All connected to wifi. I’ve checked the Mode to make sure it’s set to record. I read somewhere to Add a setting of Custom because the Armed setting messes up sometimes. They still won’t record. Can anyone help?

Justinjyoung00
Initiate
Initiate

Same thing is going on with me.  I get the notification, but shows nothing recorded.  Mine started 05/17/24 at around 8p

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Some users have indicated success in resolving the issue by removing and adding the cameras back into the account.

Doing this will require you to rebuild all your settings from new suggesting that the account settings have been corrupted.

This has been historically observed after a arlo update.

dbd126
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you! I will try this!

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

The free 7days cloud storage service that was sold with the pro/2 cameras remains intact.

To confirm you still have access, make a live manual recording of a camera and confirm it appears and is playable in the cloud library.

If you can’t see a recording then check if you have any subscriptions that have expired on your cameras or doorbells, having a subscription can move your cameras to the 30days cloud storage service but will not move them back to the free cloud storage when the subscription expires.

If you still have access to free cloud storage then you may need to remove your cameras and add again to rebuild the account settings.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Justinjyoung00 wrote:

Same thing is going on with me.  I get the notification, but shows nothing recorded.  Mine started 05/17/24 at around 8p

What hub model do you have?

Is the camera in a subscription plan?

The OP says they cannot manually change modes.  Are you seeing that also?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Which cameras? Open the battery door and look for a label inside with VMCxxxx. Also, which base station? Look on the bottom for a label with VMBxxxx.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Multiple reports of this. Remove all devices from your account and start fresh, as if new.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

We are aware of the behavior you are experiencing. The development team is currently looking into this. As soon as there is an update I will reach out to the community.

Arlo202020
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello DanyBearAgain,

Thank you for your response.

That was helpful!

Trotterc
Aspirant
Aspirant

Question I have an Arlo security system and we are not getting notifications now.  

Checked all the settings to include system is armed.  Also checked yo see if the cameras are picking up movement.  All yes and even redownloaded the app.  Still no go.  Any suggestions?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@dbd126 wrote:

I have 4 of the Arlo Pro 2 cameras and base station. I do not have a subscription. About 4 days ago, I noticed I wasn’t receiving any video recordings.

A lot of folks have reported that issue here.  @BrookeN said Arlo was investigating.

Other posters have said that they restored normal operation by

1. removing the cameras and base from their account
  2. doing a paper-clip reset of the base
  3. adding the base and cameras back to the account.
dbd126
Aspirant
Aspirant

I brought 2 of my 4 cameras inside. I removed them from the App and then added them back. They started recording! About 2 hours later, my other 2 cameras outside that I had not removed, started working again! Strange, but I’m glad to have them all working again!

dbd126
Aspirant
Aspirant

Try removing the base and cameras from the app and then add them back.

dbd126
Aspirant
Aspirant

Try removing the base and cameras and then adding them back to the App.

tofer1907
Aspirant
Aspirant

i am paying for the cloud service and my cameras are no longer recording, any thoughts?