Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

No alerts, no videos, but can watch live

Discussion stats
Dood
Apprentice
Apprentice

Two days now there have been no videos and no notifications. I am able to watch live video from the cameras.

The mode is set to Armed (all cameras operating). I’ve checked the mode and all of the cameras are as they were, set to detect motion and send me notifications. 

Best answers
  • BrookeN
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

This behavior should now be resolved, if you are still seeing this behavior please reach out to me directly. You send a dm by clicking on the envelope icon on the top right of the forum page.

• BrookeN
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

We are aware of the behavior you are experiencing. The development team is currently looking into this. As soon as there is an update I will reach out to the community.

119 REPLIES 119
Scottydb
Aspirant
Aspirant

Whatever you did seems to have done it.  All appears to be working now!

Very cool.  Thanks!

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

No problem at all. Have a good day. 

SnappyD
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok. Tried motion test. There is a blue light that blinks, but no motion is seemly detected even waving my hand just about touching the camera. 

I have removed the base station and camera from the system. After adding the base and all cameras back to base, there is no change in symptom. Camera will work remotely and manual recordings work fine. But no motion detection….. 

@StephenB 

SnappyD
Aspirant
Aspirant

Are you talking to me, or someone else? Logging out does not seem to change anything 😑

@BrookeN 

Dave2345
Aspirant
Aspirant
Brooke,

Yes thank you - recordings started back again yesterday!

Thank you!

Dave2345
jdog100
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello, my base station is VMB4000r3 with three H8 (Arlo Pro?) cameras. Two weeks ago, it stopped recording and or stopped detecting motion. I have unplugged the base station, no joy. I tried adding a USB drive, it will not format. 

The posts above indicate that this is a known problem, and it is being work on. There are also posts where the issue has been resolved by removing and reinstalling the cameras.  What is the best fix?

Off topic but at EOL for my system will it still work just without updates or is it "bricked"?

Thanks

EB

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@SnappyD  and @jdog100  please let me know if it starts working throughout the day. I have used my backend tools to sync the account. 

jdog100
Aspirant
Aspirant

BrookeN

It is now working. So, was it actually working all the time but not sending the recordings to my app?

Thank you very much for your help!

jdog100

SnappyD
Aspirant
Aspirant

@BrookeN  My pro 2 camera still does not recognize motion. There is a blue light on beside the camera. I’m not sure if that’s normal or not. I don’t see one on in my other pro 2. 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Blinking or solid?

SnappyD
Aspirant
Aspirant

@BrookeN  the light is solid, not blinking. It blinked when I was connecting it to the base station. 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Solid blue. The camera is connected to power.

Note: The camera's "Battery Charged" LED can be turned off in Device Settings. For more information, visit: How do I turn the Arlo camera Battery Fully Charged LED off?

jordanfox2
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hey everyone.  YESTERDAY (June 8), Arlo rolled back the firmware change that caused this issue.  If you do hard restart of your hub (unplug for 30 seconds and plug back in), it should work again.  

Jordan

PDiddy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can we make a mega-thread here so Arlo take notice? Since the app update, my cameras are constantly disconnecting and seem to trigger motion (spotlight) but nothing comes up on the feed or notifies my phone. Push notifications seem to be working (eg changing modes) but nothing on the feed. It seems like an issue with Arlo servers after the update. Anyone else experiencing the same? 

BurkeO
Aspirant
Aspirant

Cameras work in real time, but don’t work on motion

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@BurkeO wrote:

Cameras work in real time, but don’t work on motion

Can you make a manual recording while livestreaming?

Cmclaughli91
Aspirant
Aspirant

Cameras won't record motion.  Motion detection test works . System is armed.  I have already reset the base station,  re synched all cameras , deleted and reinstalled the app. Cameras are accessible in live view.  Any ideas on how to fix? 

Thank you in advance 

Base station VMB4500r2

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There seems to 2 ways to solve this:

1) Tag the mods for a backend sync ( @BrookeN , @ShayneS , @JamesC )

2) remove all devices from your account and set them back up as if new.

Since you seem to have already done #2, it will remain for a mod to help out.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I have use the bank end tools to sync the account. Keep in eye on it for the next day and see if the behavior changes. If you are still seeing the same behavior, please let me know. 

cobra429
Aspirant
Aspirant

We have gone through all the trouble shooting steps listed online.  This included checking camera positions ( they have not changed since day one), ensuring motion detection is enabled, sensitivity settings, notifications enabled, and testing motion.  Yes, we pulled the batteries out of the cameras and resynched multiple times.   We also rebooted the base station.  Nothing seems to work.

Any ideas??