Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Nanlee
Luminary
Luminary

Ac power has been disconnected from your Arlo device.Activity zones are currently disabled. and a red circle with a ! in it shows on both the Arlo pro and the Arlo pro 2.     We checked and they are online and the power is NOT OFF.   Any idea whats wrong?

364 REPLIES 364
LOLO798042
Tutor
Tutor

ARLO Pro AC Power and without.jpgversion 2.21.1_28215 android update 10-16-2020 error AC POWER HAS BEEN DISCONNECTED

I am having the same issue as a few other people for VERSION ANDROID  2.21.1_28215, just started on (10/16/20) when  my Android software was updated on 10/16/20. I cannot get rid of the message "AC Power has been disconnected from your Arlo device and  Activity Zones are currently disabled". it will not let me touch OK for each camera, I do not have Activity Zones  anymore after this recent update  VERSION 2.21.1_28215.  I have made several support requests and there has not been a response to this app version. and I do not see the option to do so in the Arlo app for any of my cameras. 

I noticed that the message will not let me hit ok, it will only go away if  the camera's are plugged into charging, but this is not helpful for actual use of the camera...  I have never had to do this before.  I have had my system since 2017.  

Please fix the recent update. MY BASE MODEL IS VBM4000 AND I HAVE 4 CAMERAS.

LOLO798042
Tutor
Tutor

I have the same issues with my ARLO VMB4000,  right after the update on 10/16/2020.  it will not let me see anything, but on my desk top it works fine.  I tried resetting it to, nothing is working.  

LOLO798042
Tutor
Tutor

I am having the same issued on the Android recent update  2.21.1_28215

dkim
Aspirant
Aspirant

This method only applies to Android devices.

Do a Google search for Arlo APK version 2.20.2_28190 download and install. It may take some manual permission granting on your device.  I uninstalled the current version first and then installed the older one.

Be sure to download from a reputable source as these APKs may contain malware/virus.  I tried to post the website where I downloaded mine from but it wouldn't post.  It could be against the forum policy.  Hope this helps.

AlSheffield
Aspirant
Aspirant
If these error messages were introduced by design by Arlo, this is totally unacceptable. Hopefully they are going to revert whatever it was they did. I was considering adding one of the newer arlo lights to my system but I'm not spending another penny until this issue is resolved
Dtnr8b
Apprentice
Apprentice
Same here. Probably have to wait for a patch. They tend to screw things up when they roll out version updates.
dkim
Aspirant
Aspirant

Let me walk my previous statement back as I have no hard proof that Arlo did this on purpose.  All I know is when I reverted to the previous version the problem went away for me.  

ArloPA
Guide
Guide
Same exact thing with mine. Arlo needs to be aware and fix this, for all the money we spend on their products they should not have so many tech issues.
Hannah1
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same issue on S7 phone but works on home computer. Big issue is can not go live or talk from camera. Warning blocks function on phone camera window. Very frustrating and feeling unprotected.
STARFIRE921
Initiate
Initiate
Same issue... app not working on phone only. Samsung S7
johnspencer1
Initiate
Initiate

I have the same problem as others.  AC power has been disconnected from your arlo device. Activity zones are currently disabled.  I use a Samsung S8.  Live view is available on PC but not phone.

What is the solution?  

Bob0311
Apprentice
Apprentice
That plus the fact it's only on android phones.
kb1635
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm on S9 and S10, and I can see the error message, but my versions can leverage the "OK" acknowledgement and have functionality afterward. Maybe a phone version issue Arlo needs to focus on.

Hannah1
Aspirant
Aspirant
Ok button will not work leaves message no live action.
Bob0311
Apprentice
Apprentice
Mines the Galaxy s20. WAS working fine. Button does nothing!
puppymomma
Aspirant
Aspirant

My phone did the Alro app update and I'm having the same issue, but my hubbys phone did not update and it works fine.  And I cant seem to find a way to uninstall the update.

dkim
Aspirant
Aspirant

That is a different behavior than what I was experiencing on my Note 8.  On mine, I was able to hit the "OK' button and then continue on viewing the cameras.  I only rolled back the Arlo app version to the version previous out of annoyance.  

I forgot to add one more thing to my previous post about rolling back the app to the previous version.  I'd also suggest disabling automatic update for Arlo app until Arlo addresses the issue on their future release.

GeorgiaGirl
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have been having this problem for 3 days and the latest arlo update was 3 days ago so I am assuming this has something to do with arlo's recent update.............if it don't correct soon I will be getting another system.

Mblajian
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have a S10 and still have AC is disconnected!
Djjeffa
Aspirant
Aspirant
So as far as I know activity zones haven't worked on these for over a year so why am I getting a notice on on my cameras everytime I open the app? I have 2xpro2 and 3wirelss the pro2 are hard wire and the notice goes away when the camera refreshes but stays on the other ones unless I click them. The crazy part is they dont have an option for AC Power.
Msvoneb
Tutor
Tutor

I got through to customer service today after being on hold for about an hour.  

I'm told that the technician's are aware and working on the problem.  And here is what I was told:

Troubleshooting Steps:

Activity zone are currently disabled

The ac adapter has been disconnected on the arlo app

Customer to uninstall and reinstall the app tomorrow (10/20)

It is an ongoing issue

Send the app locks and error message screen shot to customerservice@arlo.com

Don't know what this all mean, but, apparently they are working on the issue.

Bob0311
Apprentice
Apprentice
Fingers crossed but not holding breath. Be nice if they had sent out notices!!!!
VladimirPutin
Aspirant
Aspirant
Arlo pro 3, mobile Samsung S 10+, dont work 2 days...today I decrease font size on my mob...after that everything function...sounds crazy...worth to try...
Rankled
Guide
Guide

Thanks for filling us in on that little snippet of info. It's a lot more than the dearth of information we can expect from Arlo apparently. 

I hope that when the issue is resolved someday, that they will get the word out to customers on what to do instead of ghosting us.

VladimirPutin
Aspirant
Aspirant
Try to decrease font size on your phone, on my S10+ everything is back on track when I do that