Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Nanlee
Luminary
Luminary

Ac power has been disconnected from your Arlo device.Activity zones are currently disabled. and a red circle with a ! in it shows on both the Arlo pro and the Arlo pro 2.     We checked and they are online and the power is NOT OFF.   Any idea whats wrong?

364 REPLIES 364
dan_LI
Star
Star
Its app problem..effects arlo pro and pro 2
Loictahiti987
Initiate
Initiate

I have same issue since two days now, only on my samsung device , works fine on my Apple Ipad......

tried to re install all , app, base station, camera, etc..... everything not working on samsung. no AC power on wirefree , WHAT ??? 

ArloPA
Guide
Guide
I have had Arlo Pro Wireless cameras for 4 years operating on battery power (not AC/plugged in) with the standard subscription. All of a sudden I'm getting a message about auto zones disabled unless plugged into AC power. This obnoxious notification covers each camera and I have to constantly click "OK" to remove it from my screen. How do I get rid of this? Where is the activity zone setting? I cannot find it anywhere. Why is this happening all of a sudden? ARLO needs to rectify this. It is interfering with my camera view! They have too many issues for all the money they charge for their devices. I need to remove these notifications A.S.A.P!
LDSkaneSWE
Initiate
Initiate

Same issue here since yesterday, October 17:th, the error appear in my Samsung Galaxy S10.

Message "AC power has been disconnected from your arlo device, Activity zones are currently disabled.

Swedish error:
Växelströmmen har kopplats bort från arlo-enheten. Aktivitetszoner är för närvarande avaktiverad

guidovanwelden
Tutor
Tutor
Since yesterday I only receive on all my camera's on different sites the following message instead of an image.
"Your arlo camera is disconected from power supply, activity zones are not active, OK?"
"OK" can not be acknowledged.
Camera only works when connected to PS.
This is not the first time I have technical problems with Arlo.
youmaad
Aspirant
Aspirant

I don't have activity zones active
Me and my family all get this message on android 
i don't get this error over the web portal

AndyUK
Tutor
Tutor

Same here on Android app.  Web interface seems ok.  Never had any activity zones.

Cockle
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same for me. Phone app only. PC website is okay. Recordings showing on website. Interestingly, if I press 'OK' on the phone app error message, the message goes away and shows the last video recording of this morning, so it is working, I just get the error message. Of course, there is no AC connection possibility with my cameras, neither can I see a 'Set Zone' setting, either on the phone or the web page settings - unless someone can point me at them for my old-style, early Arlo cameras.

projectkr
Tutor
Tutor
*Update. Hi all, I've spoken to Arlo and they've taken down my data logs for the app and informed me that it is a known issue and they're working on it, though they did not provide me with any ETR. If I hear any updates from my case I'll update you all as well.
darkness975
Apprentice
Apprentice
Will do
pooh254
Initiate
Initiate
Having the same problem as everyone else. Please find a solution. This should not be to hard to dial back. It's in the coding fix it please.
royemello
Aspirant
Aspirant

i dont get it ?

why fix what aint broken in the 1st place

( ok geofencing is slow - & sometimes it dont relink additional camera ( #4 & #5)

but why fix & break even more - what was - ok - some what working ?

is arlo the YUGO of alarm systems ?

sandy92557
Initiate
Initiate
I am having the same issue on my android phone! My iPad and computer is fine! The cameras still record the motion but I can not just look at the cameras and see what is going on outside! I have done nothing to cause this issue! The cameras run on battery only! I have deleted the app off my phone several times and reinstalled it! Same thing, who the heck knows what is happening! I have restarted the base also several times! Same thing!
Mblajian
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the same problem! Noticed a recent update, I wander if thats the cause?
Pampam
Aspirant
Aspirant

Android App Version Arlo 2.21.1_28215 experience problems, not showing cameras, it appears a message saying that the unit is not connected to the CA and it will not show the cameras. I had to downgrade to another version of the app in order to make it work.

Ram72
Aspirant
Aspirant

Samma problem här också.

Dtnr8b
Apprentice
Apprentice
Same here. Getting the message on android phone but not on iphone.
noradundee
Initiate
Initiate

I have the same issue which began 10/17/20.   Have tried all suggestions given in Web Forum Community but no results.    Arlo case #42005692 created 10/18/20.

"AC power has been disconnect4ed from your Arlo devices. Activity Zones are currently disabled" message only appears on my Android phone and NOT on my computer app.

PLEASE HELP!   

Tech513
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have been getting the AC power has been disconnected from your Arlo device. Activity zones are currently disabled message on all of my cameras. I have tried everything in the thread and frustrated that there is no clear path to resolve.

Rbrownrbrown7
Tutor
Tutor

Arlo Pro.  Same problem here.  Android app broken but PC web portal ok.

KennyLi
Aspirant
Aspirant

If this is a pay to play effort by Arlo, I am tossing them out. Will not put up with these money making schemes.

Retired_Member
Not applicable

At first I thought this too, but after 2 months they have resolved my issue on the web dashboard. I just think they are having development issues in ways they really shouldn't be for a technology company

happyskeeter
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am getting the same error. Did you find a solution ?

Fedupwarlo2020
Star
Star
Thank you for the update, I really appreciate it. Glad to know they are aware of it. Fingers crossed 🤞. They are really great cameras, just some things can be tedious like having to climb up on ladder and recharge batteries, or like when power outage knocks out internet sometimes have to remove and resync but over all I do feel that I have gotten my money's worth.
Once again thank you, have a blessed day.
Geoff
Luminary
Luminary

And I thought it was just me.....

Restarted Arlo base station three times.

Three out of four cameras came back.

Replaced batteries in fourth camera (although they were ok)

All now working.

Same message on PC and Android phone.

As said already, Arlo support conspicuous by their absence....!