Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
I'm not getting any notifications with the new app s10 plus. Anyone else have this working correctly
75 REPLIES 75
larealboy72
Aspirant
Aspirant
I want to know why I’m being charged for smart notifications
Mstoddy
Initiate
Initiate
I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled the app and still no notifications. However I didn’t add the new app to my iPad and it’s still getting notifications. I even factory reset my phone to make sure it wasn’t the issue. I have an iPhone X
Mstoddy
Initiate
Initiate
I’m having the same issue. If they don’t fix it soon I’m going to use my warranty that I purchased with them and return them and buy something else. What’s the use if we have to go in the app every time to see what’s going on. Q
darthvader2002
Star
Star

Another thread about this thats getting no traction from Arlo ......

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Pro-2/New-app-notifications/m-p/1725364#M34434

Smilely60
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same issue here. No notifications everything set correctly. Uninstalled reinstalled, videos don't record or intermittently but with no notifications. Some new app. The old one worked just fine. Correct these issues or go back to the old one Arlo this is ridiculous.
Arlo721
Initiate
Initiate

3 Arlo HDs connected to one base station; spotty notifications, very unreliable at the moment. Can't say it was like that before. Notifications not coming in consistently to iPhone 6S or Pixel 3. Not all activity shows up in the Library though.

Smilely60
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same here it's horrible. Worked fine before the new app.
Matt3
Initiate
Initiate

Push notifications stopped working after I installed the new app. e-mail notifications still work and the cameras still record, but no push notifications. I read the forums and tried all suggestions (e.g., made sure each camera has push notifications enabled, deleted/reinstalled the arlo software (6 times), made sure push notifications are enabled on the phone and it's not in 'do not disturb' mode, etc.) and nothing has worked.

I'm also 99% sure my phone isn't the problem. If I click "mute nofications" within the arlo app... shortly after I get a push notification on my phone saying that notifications have been muted.

I have an iphone 7, iOS 12.4.1 and an Arlo Pro 2 system.

gh1234
Initiate
Initiate

I have a similar problem as Matt3. Everything was working fine with Arlo Legacy. I downloaded the new Arlo app on Friday and since then, notifications are from 2-5 minutes delayed. I have an iPhone 7+ and my carrier is Net10. Nothing has changed except for the new app.

darthvader2002
Star
Star

Here is a thread with a lot of ppl with same and slightly different versions of your symptons (in short, the new app is dodgy and you should use the old one).

darthvader2002
Star
Star

Unfortunately you are joining a rapidly growing list of users with notifications not working.  For some, the fix is to go back to the old app. Others still have probles.

See this thread 

Robbie_K
Aspirant
Aspirant

No need to post the type of phone you have if you're not receiving notifications.  The problem isn't your phone, it's Arlo and they're shoddy release of new versions.  Please don't let Arlo have you chasing your tail by asking you what type of phone you have. 

Smilely60
Aspirant
Aspirant
I agree. Almost everyone is posting their phone model. But I think it is perhaps their way of showing Arlo the app doesn't work correctly on any model so far.
Smilely60
Aspirant
Aspirant
Did you perhaps sign up accidentally for the upgraded package. They tried to slip it by me, but I caught it in time. I just use the free version.
nflyer
Tutor
Tutor

Arlo "Legacy" - my notifications matched camera activations.  

New Arlo app - I'll have one notification, view it (eliminating the red bubble notification).  The camera will get activated, I'll hear my notification, open the app and have 33 notifications but only one new recording.  Clear the notification, camera goes off, 72 notifications.  

WTH is going on?!?!  

(currently happening on iPad, iPhone and Android Samsung phone)

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@nflyer wrote:

, I'll hear my notification, open the app and have 33 notifications but only one new recording.  Clear the notification, camera goes off, 72 notifications.  

WTH is going on?!?!  

Yes, the badge count is way off.  Arlo knows about it, so hopefully it will be fixed soon.

mrogers77
Apprentice
Apprentice
Crossing my fingers - have received 3 valid notifications in the last half hour. First I've gotten in days.

Maybe it's fixed. . . . . . .
Smilely60
Aspirant
Aspirant
Mine are still hit and miss, hoping it clears up soon. I've reset notifications a few times, worked for a bit, back to hit and miss. Better than none, but still...
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

There is a new version of the Android Arlo mobile app available in the app store that resolves this issue. Please make sure to update to the latest version of the mobile app. For more details on this, take a look here: Arlo Android App - 2.8.1 - 16th September 2019

JamesC

nflyer
Tutor
Tutor

My "multiple notification" issues began AFTER I installed the new app.  

Today, I was by that camera about 25 times and it has yet to detect motion or send alert.  Battery level is 98% with a stong wifi connection.  

Smilely60
Aspirant
Aspirant
That New app is what caused these issues. I did update. Uninstalled old version. Uninstalled new version and reinstalled. It's the new app, Arlo needs to fix it....
idbl_fanatic1
Apprentice
Apprentice

@Smilely60 wrote:
That New app is what caused these issues. I did update. Uninstalled old version. Uninstalled new version and reinstalled. It's the new app, Arlo needs to fix it....

They just released a new version yesterday that is supposed to fix it

Smilely60
Aspirant
Aspirant
I will look online for it. Because according to Arlo it was suppose to be 2.8 version. The only one available on Google play at least for Android or anything that I could find was version 2.2 That was at the time I received the email to update so I did... I will look again. Hopefully you are correct.
Smilely60
Aspirant
Aspirant
Ok, so I checked the version of the app that I reinstalled the day before yesterday was 2.4 Still issues, however after getting your reply I checked, still the same version on Google play. So I went directly to the app on my phone. Upon further investigation there was an update waiting. That in its self says 2.8. I did the update so we shall see. Every app I have shows up on my phone when an update is needed, the Arlo one did not. Would have been nice if Arlo would have just put the 2.8 version out there before telling us to update when it wasn't actually available yet.
darthvader2002
Star
Star

@Smilely60  - Public Relations don't seem to be top priority for them!

I think the regional differences around the world mean that when they release an app update, it slowly filters its way thropugh the ether to us mere mortals and I see it regularly take up to 24hrs in various platforms.  Communicating  a "we sorry for the hassles, a new app was put on the store today and should eb available to you within the next 24 hours ...." was always going to be a stretch Smiley Frustrated