Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Moving system to a new ISP. What steps are required to move Arlo system to new modem/LAN?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Look4Answ
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am changing ISP (from ATT DSL to a cable company).  What steps are required to move my Arlo Pro 2 Base Station and Cameras to the new modem / LAN.  Do I need to "Remove Device" for all cameras and Base Station start over with installation or is it easier than that.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
brh
Master
Master

@Look4Answ, under normal circumstancesyou do not need to remove your devices from your account when changing internet providers. With the Base unplugged, plug the ethernet cable from the router to the base station. Power up your base station then log into your account. Your system should automatically detect the new network. But there may be other issues with the new provider. If what I wrote does not work, let us know. Do not remove your devices from your account.

Brian

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
brh
Master
Master

@Look4Answ, under normal circumstancesyou do not need to remove your devices from your account when changing internet providers. With the Base unplugged, plug the ethernet cable from the router to the base station. Power up your base station then log into your account. Your system should automatically detect the new network. But there may be other issues with the new provider. If what I wrote does not work, let us know. Do not remove your devices from your account.

Brian

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation