Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Piano-Man
Star
Star
I read an article on the website this morning stating that Arlo are now a separate company from Netgear and there is a new Arlo app, which we must install otherwise we lose access to the Arlo system after the 30th September. The new app apparently launched on 26th August, or thereabouts. I only just bought and set up the system. My Arlo app, from Google Play store (UK) and developed by Netgear, says the app version is from 27th June, predating the new app launch - but there is no other app available in the Google store... Should there be a new app in the UK?
189 REPLIES 189
MaryRose
Guide
Guide
So what us the new app legacy or just Arlo, my app on phone Says Arlo ,but in Google play it Says Arlo legacy 🤔🤔🤔🤔
VL123
Guide
Guide
Now i have two apps, arlo and arlo legacy👍🏻
VL123
Guide
Guide
Arlo Version 2.8(909), 30 August.
allanc5
Aspirant
Aspirant
A search at the Apple apps only shows the Arlo Legacy, no Arlo. What is the name of the new app?
Danlarimer
Guide
Guide
arpr1
Apprentice
Apprentice

Update: It looks like the new version is available on the iOS app store. 

Roberto_vital
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, today I updated the arlo app on iOS and there it became arlo legacy and told us to download the new arlo app but there's no new arlo app on the apple store, at least here in Brazil.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The new app should now be available in the Android store with iOS soon to follow. We apologize for any confusion this has caused. It may take a little time for the app to show as available for all users. Please keep an eye on the app store and download the new Arlo app when it becomes available.

For more information on the new Arlo app, take a look here: Arlo is migrating to a new Arlo app this month

JamesC

Xichlo
Luminary
Luminary

OK, so what happens to users who use computer, Windows 10? We are too old to use that little Android Screen

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Xichlo,

This change only impacts the existing Arlo mobile app. You can still access still use the web client from a computer by accessing my.arlo.com

JamesC

Xichlo
Luminary
Luminary

Sorry James but it will not let me log in on computer, updated Android and can log in but not computer

Xichlo
Luminary
Luminary
mamarcac
Apprentice
Apprentice

@JamesC wrote:

The new app should now be available in the Android store with iOS soon to follow. We apologize for any confusion this has caused. It may take a little time for the app to show as available for all users. Please keep an eye on the app store and download the new Arlo app when it becomes available.

For more information on the new Arlo app, take a look here: Arlo is migrating to a new Arlo app this month

JamesC

@JamesC Are the LED notificaitons actually working? I'm running version 2.5.3 because every version since then hasn't let the LED notifcation work on Android.

Locutus73
Apprentice
Apprentice

@JamesC what about the AppleTV app which doesn't get updated since 2016?

IMG_4647.JPG

Thank you in advance.

Regards.

Piano-Man
Star
Star
Thank you, JamesC. The new app has appeared and I've installed it successfully.
pepperhead331
Aspirant
Aspirant

You can find the new one here (NOT legacy).  Only an hour on Arlo chat to figure it out.  No big deal.  https://apps.apple.com/us/app/arlo/id1459289784

GregLee007
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, I managed to find it by typing "Arlo Technologies" in the app search.  Would have been nice for this to be included in the message.

krypttic
Luminary
Luminary

Thank you, pepperhead331 for enduring that unneccessary hour so we don't have to.  I now have the NEW new app installed too thanks to your search tip.

Why in the heck couldn't an Arlo employee just tell us this in the first place??!

krypttic
Luminary
Luminary

Can I ask what the point of the Arlo Legacy App is?  My Arlo app was working today and I downloaded the new Arlo Technologies app today.  Why did I need to get the Legacy app at all?  Is this required to use the new app?

VeronikaTMoore
Tutor
Tutor

We updated the legacy app and installed the new app on IPAD with IOS 12.1.

2 problems encountered so far:

1. The app keeps trying to force you to setup 'homekit' when we don't need it's that because we have 'icloud keychain' turned off - intentionally.

2. The new app is ignoring the smart notification settings - we get audio and motion notications from the app - when the smart settings are set for 'person' only on each of our cameras.

As a result of the 2nd problem - we will disable notifications on the new app and won't install of our other devices yet.

davesax1
Initiate
Initiate

I have the original Arlo (3 cameras) with free service.  Was working fine for me. Only objection they didn't add a "Ring" equivalent.

I saw a few months ago that they had announced service / support was ending unless people subscribed.  That is what is happening now.  Its an invitation for litigation.

Hope they wise up and promptly provide a fair path to upgrades and continuing service.

ruud9110
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I have an issue that after updating to the new version (iOS), Notifications no longer work. I checked all settings on the iPhone, restarted iPhone, reinstalled App, all without any effect.

I can see new recordings, but just don't receive any Notifications.

Ruud.

Red33
Star
Star

I installed the new app and am NOT receiving notifications. 
Haven't we gone through this before?

sgtpepperlhcb2
Tutor
Tutor

Notifications aren't working for me either...sigh...

cyberjunkyfreak
Apprentice
Apprentice
Notifications not working for me either... HOWEVER... the notifications are working others who I have shared the cameras with.