Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 28 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
sangwinacher
Luminary
Luminary

After the latest Android update on 8/7, now each time a camera triggers, I get no less than 3 or 4 push notifications for the each event.  I just got 6 now for one event.  Sounds like they broke something new in trying to fix the bug below in the Release Notes:

• Fixed a bug that caused push notifications to appear out of order

Can someone take a look at the code here?  

28 REPLIES 28
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

sangwinacher,

This was an issue a small number of users were experiencing prior to the most recent Android app update. The engineering team is investigating this issue currently. I will provide an update as soon as I know more.

JamesC

sangwinacher
Luminary
Luminary

Updated my Pixel 2 to newly available Android P and the issue still persists, in case that helps engineering at all.

sangwinacher
Luminary
Luminary

Have they provided any insight into this?  Getting almost 30 push notification for 4 camera triggers is getting a bit crazy, especially on my battery.

sangwinacher
Luminary
Luminary

Now it's consistently sending 3 push notifications per triggered event. 

sangwinacher
Luminary
Luminary

Hi JamesC, what's the status on this one?  Doesn't look like any signs of progress

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

sangwinacher,

The development team is working on a fix for this issue but I don't have an eta at this time. As soon as I know more, I'll post an update.

JamesC

sangwinacher
Luminary
Luminary

Thanks for the reply, at least it's being worked on now.

sangwinacher
Luminary
Luminary

Any update on this?

sangwinacher
Luminary
Luminary

This is a bit disappointing, over 2 months later and the issue is still occurring

Fireball2684
Star
Star

Same goes to me. It's been so long now. I hope this get's fixed asap. It's very annoying.

sangwinacher
Luminary
Luminary

They clearly haven't figured it out since the newest app just released today doesn't contain the fix still.

Fireball2684
Star
Star

I was hoping this would be a fix but I just tested it & I got 6 notifications for 1 trigger. Annoying. Works but annoying lol.

sangwinacher
Luminary
Luminary

Yep, same here...

sangwinacher
Luminary
Luminary

Another release just came out today, just updated hoping they'd surprise us - nope.  I know it's not anything specific to do with motion detection because I got 3 push notifications when the battery level dropped below 15%.  So that tells me it's a base or cloud related issue for multiple push notifications for the same event.

sangwinacher
Luminary
Luminary

Latest app update today also no dice with any attempt at fixing this one.

Fireball2684
Star
Star

I just downloaded the new update now & still ongoing issue. It shouldn't be that hard to fix. There just not listening. Can't wait for the doorbell to come into Canada...lol

sangwinacher
Luminary
Luminary

How can we get this escalated?  This has gone on for way too long

sangwinacher
Luminary
Luminary

Latest version release from yesterday 11/27 still doesn't fix it.

Pete71
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the same problem on my system, and it's getting really annoying. Every time a camera is activated my phone goes nuts and starts alerting me 3-4 times per camera (and sometimes more)

Has there been any update for this fault?

It only started when I took out the free trial of the advanced notifications (where it tells you if it's a person, animal, car, etc..)
sangwinacher
Luminary
Luminary

I've never had any of the advanced features, this has been going on for many months with no resolution.

Kurmudgeon389
Tutor
Tutor

Gentlemen, Is there any resolution to the 3-4 push notifications per camera motion since the the August 18 upgrade?

It is quite frustrating when the system worked great with notifications prior to the upgrade.

Thank you.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

For those experiencing this issue, please follow these steps and let me know if you still experience the problem after a fresh installation:

1. Go to settings > apps & notifications > Arlo > Storage
2. Clear storage and clear cache
3. Uninstall the app
4. Reinstall the app version 2.6.5

Do you still experience multiple notifications per event after these steps?

JamesC

sangwinacher
Luminary
Luminary

Just tried these steps now, and it still gave 2 push notifications for an event.

Kurmudgeon389
Tutor
Tutor

Still experience four push notificaton per camera motion.

Discussion stats
  • 28 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation