Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

FlipPat31
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the Arlo Pro 2 Base Station connected to 6 Arlo Pro 2 cameras. I’m not sure but after one of the updates, the base station hasn’t been responsive to the app (which has been going on for almost 2 weeks). No footage are recording and I have not been able to see live footage. Whenever I turn off and turn on the base station, it works for about 15 minutes or so, but then it stops.

When I’m on the app, it can’t collect information from the base station. When I go to the devices section, it’s constanly saying “getting information”...

I’m not sure what’s going on and I really don’t want to reset the whole system to factory settings because positioning all 6 cameras is such a chore. Anyone having the same issues or have a fix?

185 REPLIES 185
JBartels
Aspirant
Aspirant
NiTRoX624
Aspirant
Aspirant

Actually ATT is saying it is not their problem.  I am on the phone with them now and they are telling me that Netgear is blocking their 172.x.x.x IP block.

Not sure I agree with that.  If anything ATT got their 172.x.x.x block blacklisted somehow.

Cortizone
Guide
Guide

What are the chances we find out what is going on...who is at fault and what the problem really is???  Blacklisting soumds like a possibility, but that should have already been looked into and solved, so probably not the issue.

Georgia22
Tutor
Tutor

All Arlo is saying is that they will get it fixed but have no clue as to when. The last call with ATT which was one of many they tried to tell me I had to pay extra for some type of support that would fix it. 15.00 a month for 12 months?? So much for having cameras that work. I also did like many others and rebooted and took the base off so I will have to reinstall everything if they ever get it fixed.

dave180
Tutor
Tutor
I saw on my Arlo app that my recordings stopped two days ago. Today I noticed that #1 the base station lights were amber and #2 I could not access the web page my.arlo.com. Contacted Arlo support. No help there. The person who answered insisted that I contact ATT to have them open global DNS and enable port forwarding. He said this is a widespread problem for ATT users. Really?? I did it anyway and nothing changed. I'm normally patient with these matters and I'll try to work through it, but this is ridiculous. I will accept any reasonable suggestions on how to get these cameras working again. Could I be the only one with this issue?
Deej14
Aspirant
Aspirant

I also have AT&T Uverse. Internet LED on base station went amber in the early hours of 19 March. Full reboot of both AT&T modem/router and arlo base station does not fix. The common theme here is AT&T as the ISP. I see activity on the router port I have the base station connected to, but it appears the packets are not reaching the arlo site or are being blocked at the router. Not sure we can add this device to the DMZ as it seems by looking at the settings while logged in that they keep everything inside and NAT the IP. Unfortunately, with these newer routers, they don't let you play with the firewall settings. 80 and 443 should never be blocked in my opinion.

dave180
Tutor
Tutor

Hi All,

Don't mean to cross post, Mods you can delete my post I started a few minutes ago. I have ATT and this exact problem, green light and two ambers statring yesterday.

Arlo support says its an ATT problem and many are having it. I was told (he insisted) that I had to call ATT support to have them enable global DNS and port forwarding on three ports. I had ATT do this and no change.

Georgia22
Tutor
Tutor

What ports do we tell them to open? 

vpete
Tutor
Tutor

I'm having the same issue with my Arlo Base Station as everyone else. ATT Fiber/UVerse as internet provider. Have tried resetting all systems both ISP and Arlo to factory; still no internet connectivity. Like others while connected to home wifi, can't connect to my.arlo.com but can through cellular connection. Aside from a similar issue last year, My Arlo cameras have been connected for 4 years. 

Interestingly, my Chamberlain MyQ/Assurelink system also was responding the same way; no web interface, no internet connection but I was able to resolve that through various system resets.

dave180
Tutor
Tutor

If I remember correctly it was 80, 123 and 144.

It didnt solve anything.

vpete
Tutor
Tutor

I just replied to the main post here but I'm having the same problem as the others here also with AT&T Fiber/Uverse

Georgia22
Tutor
Tutor

I tried to also open a port last night with ATT and it didnt resolve anything either. 

Thanks was just wondering if the ports you did fixed anything.

jsibayan
Guide
Guide

I'm having the same issue and like I said in my previous post, I don't think AT&T is the problem. I think it's Arlo. I have changed the ports as susggested by Arlo, but still nothing. Arlo is the problem. Everything else works on the internet, but it's just the Arlo login and their camera or our camera system, via Arlo. 

Maz4
Guide
Guide
My base station is not connecting to internet either. I have at and t as my internet provider. Also , can not log into app using wifi.
vpete
Tutor
Tutor

I'm on the phone with Arlo support now. They are "escalating" this issue but don't know when it will be resolved. Only will providing a case number and follow up email. I had to provide my base's serial number.

Bethany
Star
Star

Here's the thread on the ATT Community - Everyone here who is having the issue, please post there are well and maybe ATT will take notice. 

https://forums.att.com/t5/AT-T-Internet-Equipment/Arlo-stopped-connecting-to-the-internet-Multiple-a...

jsibayan
Guide
Guide

Hey Good Luck with that. They told me yesterday that they were escalating this issue to the advance support team or something to that effect and I have yet heard from them. That was yesterday. Today I called, early morning, and they told me that someone would call me in a couple of hours. It's been 4 hours now. 

mfz961
Aspirant
Aspirant

What part of the country are you in. I have same issue and same answer from AT&T. I am in SoCal. here are additional websites that I can not access, that I go to every day. Thanks

vpete
Tutor
Tutor

@jsibayan LOL, my expectations are low, but they were VERY aware of the problem so it's a matter of time. I do believe it's an AT&T created issue because my Chamberlain MyQ/Assurelink connections also were down, they just were resolved faster.

vpete
Tutor
Tutor

@mfz961 I'm located in greater Daytona Beach FL

jsibayan
Guide
Guide

Hey MFZ961, I'm in Cen. Cal. The sites that I go to everyday works perfectly. 

mfz961
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have about five sites that I can not reach. Browser just times out for these sites jst like the Arlo site. I spent and hour and a half last night and another hour this morning with AT&T. Said they would email me when issue resovled. I am not holding my breathe.

jsibayan
Guide
Guide

@vpete ...Yea, ALLOT frustrated because every time I have an issue with Arlo, I get some "Dimwit" on Tech Support that does NOT listen to the issue at hand. They are TOO quick to place the blame or the issues on something else. They make you go through steps and processes that most of the time useless even though you have explained to them that you have already taken the same steps. Then when you get to the point where you and the support staff already have completed, they tell you. "Ok we have tried everything we possibly could do, I'll have to 'Escalate' this to our advance support team." When this entire process is in or about several hours. To include, taking each camera  off it's mount, if you mounted your camera, then attempting to re-do the entire system. YES, I'm venting, but it's a process if you have as many cameras as I do. These tech support obviously do not have an Arlo product to understand, its allot of work. 

PM5
Aspirant
Aspirant
Just spent 2 days trying to figure out why my base station after 2 years has stopped connecting to my AT&T modem offline so no cameras work, no connection. Arlo tech said to have internet tech come out and change the static DNS to 8.8.8.8. That’s not even possible on a modem so when the internet tech was at my home changing out a new modem a Arlo tech said that wasn’t necessary, there is a known problem with AT&T and Arlo right now and they are under negotiations for the fix. No ETA on the fix. I have $800+ in useless equipment. Has anyone else been given this explanation?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you rebooted you router, too? Start with turning off your modem, router and base and then back on, in that order. Let each inititialize before going on to the next device.