Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

FlipPat31
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the Arlo Pro 2 Base Station connected to 6 Arlo Pro 2 cameras. I’m not sure but after one of the updates, the base station hasn’t been responsive to the app (which has been going on for almost 2 weeks). No footage are recording and I have not been able to see live footage. Whenever I turn off and turn on the base station, it works for about 15 minutes or so, but then it stops.

When I’m on the app, it can’t collect information from the base station. When I go to the devices section, it’s constanly saying “getting information”...

I’m not sure what’s going on and I really don’t want to reset the whole system to factory settings because positioning all 6 cameras is such a chore. Anyone having the same issues or have a fix?

185 REPLIES 185
bonsaitiger
Aspirant
Aspirant

Exact same problem here.  ATT Fiber ISP with eero router.  Everything went down early this AM.  Called support and they were little to no help.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

So far i'm only hearing reports of this from ATT users...I will provide an update if I find out any new information.

For those experiencing the issue, are you able to log in from a mobile device using the data connection?

JamesC

bonsaitiger
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I can connect through my mobile phone connection (also ATT).  Of course, I can't access any of my cameras (they all show offline) since they're using my home ATT ISP.

njfoses
Apprentice
Apprentice

James,

I can login on mobile data but the hub remains offline.

Puraj83
Tutor
Tutor
Mine still out. Also have at&t fiber... Could it be an at&t problem??
bonsaitiger
Aspirant
Aspirant

FWIW, I've tried multiple DNS providers as well, so it doesn't appear to be DNS related.

Lawdog78
Initiate
Initiate
We also have ATT Uverse and have been offline since this morning. I can’t log into the app or online.
theonlycman
Aspirant
Aspirant

@Puraj83 wrote:
Mine still out. Also have at&t fiber... Could it be an at&t problem??

I'm thinking it could be.

Angelon
Initiate
Initiate
Dame problem and no solution for the moment —-ATT ??
ctoemoss
Aspirant
Aspirant
Receiving the "internet connectivity issues" message when attempting to log in to the app by iPhone/iPad while on my wifi network. Read other posts and restarted router, cleared browser cache, restarted cameras (Arlo and Arlo Q), deleted app and reloaded with no luck. All devices/activities working fine on wifi otherwise. Suggestions appreciated, thank you.
Bethany
Star
Star
Exact same thing for me - I can only sign in to app or web site if I turn WiFi off at home. But base station won’t connect no matter what. Stopped working in the wee hours last night. I’m assuming ATT put out an update overnight that somehow caused this. Arlo, please help us!
Bethany
Star
Star
FWIW I just contacted att support. They said they were aware of the issue and it should be resolved in 4-5 hours so to check back then. Fingers crossed.
robocam
Guide
Guide

Same exact problem with my system.  I've had it for 2 years, no major issues until today.  I am also on AT&T.  Same issues with my mobile device.   The base is not connecting to the internet.

Also tried from my work computer and no luck there either.

I've seen no posts from Arlo admins and had no luck getting a chat initiated in the support page.  Where are the admins and techs?  Is Arlo even monitoring this community board?

FlipPat31
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have T-Mobile and AT&T cell phone lines and both aren’t working. I also have Spectrum as my house’s ISP.

I reset the whole system, the wifi router, the internet router, and the base station again today and still after 15 minutes, it stopped working.

My phones are connected to the 5 GHz wifi band and I have been testing it on my mobile phone’s cellular signals. Same thing with my laptop on the 5 GHz wifi.

Everything connected on the wifi router (e.g. AppleTV, phones, iPads) still works fine.
jsibayan
Guide
Guide

I'm having the same issue that all of you are having. I contacted Arlo and called back (3) times. The first incident was that the Arlo Rep was not listening to my issues. I hung up. The second rep and I went through the process of their script by unplugging the base units and plugging them back in, so on, so on and so on. I reset my router/modem numerous times. I explained to them that I couldn't even get onto the "Login" website. I explained to them that I beleived that it was on their end. Usually when I run into this issue, if it were an AT&T issue, I was, at least able to login onto the Arlo website, this time it was a no-go. The second rep told me that it was AT&T and that my "Ports" were not open. He told me to request AT&T to open ports, 80, 123 and 443. Once open, he said, that will fix the issue. I explained to this rep that, "If this doesn't work, what else can I try?" This rep said, "NO, this is the issue. Call AT&T to open those ports." I called AT&T and we went through and opened all the ports listed. But still no avail. I called back and spoke to the third rep. We went through the entire gambet again, numerous times. She made me uninstall both my base units since I have 9 cameras in various locations of my residence. We isolated by cell phone as a point of source to open the website and still no avail. We went through each of the base units removed them from the settings and still "NO INTERNET" is being attached to the base unit. I don't think it's AT&T. I think it's something on the Arlo end. Yet, again, Arlo is blaming the ISP's. They always are quick to shift the issues to someone else and not taking responsibility for possibly their mistake. It's frustrating and this entire process took about 3.5 hours of my time. What a waste!!! They told me that they would have a response within "48 hours". THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE!!!! I seriously predict that Arlo will be going out of business soon if they can't get better qualified Tech Support and get rid of these unknowledgable reps that "Represent NETGEAR/ARLO". It's just BAD BUSINESS. 

pluckytree
Star
Star
I’m confused. Arlo uses Ethernet and a proprietary wireless protocol to talk to the cameras so WiFi shouldn’t have anything to do with it.

The fact that a bunch of people spontaneously had the same symptom at the same time while never seeing it before suggests an Arlo problem. I put all my money on an Arlo problem.

So I’d just recommend either waiting it out or wait until this thread hits a few thousand comments and maybe someone from Arlo will respond.
FlipPat31
Aspirant
Aspirant
Oh really? So I can actually connect the base station straight to the ISP router and not the wifi router? I’ll try that out when I get home.
Jibeker
Aspirant
Aspirant

Having the exact same issue.  Can log into the social features (like this) but cannot actually log into the Arlo system on anything--desktop, laptop, or iPhone--if I am on wifi.  Can log in using data, though, and all other internet function is working on all other devices

Arlo9
Aspirant
Aspirant
Base has been offline all day. ATT Uverse here as well. No acknowledgement from Arlo on Twitter. Very frustrating. After 3 years never had this problem.
ShapedFuture
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm on ATT Fiber and have the same exact problem as other people... 

Going on since this morning.  AT&T Fiber is my provider, and everything else seems fine except for Arlo.  Can not access website (arlo.netgear.com) through browser (Chrome) nor my phone's app (IOS).

Internet light is also amber on base station.

Seanloy
Aspirant
Aspirant
Anyone else having the same issue? I wonder if it’s an ATT thing. I’ve still got no internet connection on my base
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue appears to be isolated to only ATT users. We're currently investigating the issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused. I will provide an update as soon as we have more information.

JamesC

sephiroh00
Aspirant
Aspirant

hi my arlo base is offline for 2 days, i did all the troubleshoot. And still no luck. How can I claim the.warranty?

FlipPat31
Aspirant
Aspirant
Odd...I don’t have ATT as an ISP, I have Spectrum. This issue, unlike the others commenting, has been ongoing for almost two weeks.

I did connect the base station straight into the ISP router (not the wifi) because I was oblivious to the fact that the base station has its proprietary wifi signal, and again it worked for about 15 to 20 minutes and now isn’t working anymore on both mobile and my laptop.

My base station’s online light isn’t amber either. It’s green but blinking intermittently.

So idk...there might be two issues going on at the same time.