I have the Arlo Pro 2 Base Station connected to 6 Arlo Pro 2 cameras. I’m not sure but after one of the updates, the base station hasn’t been responsive to the app (which has been going on for almost 2 weeks). No footage are recording and I have not been able to see live footage. Whenever I turn off and turn on the base station, it works for about 15 minutes or so, but then it stops.
When I’m on the app, it can’t collect information from the base station. When I go to the devices section, it’s constanly saying “getting information”...
I’m not sure what’s going on and I really don’t want to reset the whole system to factory settings because positioning all 6 cameras is such a chore. Anyone having the same issues or have a fix?
Solved! Go to Solution.
- Related Labels:
Online and Mobile Apps
So far i'm only hearing reports of this from ATT users...I will provide an update if I find out any new information.
For those experiencing the issue, are you able to log in from a mobile device using the data connection?
Yes, I can connect through my mobile phone connection (also ATT). Of course, I can't access any of my cameras (they all show offline) since they're using my home ATT ISP.
Same exact problem with my system. I've had it for 2 years, no major issues until today. I am also on AT&T. Same issues with my mobile device. The base is not connecting to the internet.
Also tried from my work computer and no luck there either.
I've seen no posts from Arlo admins and had no luck getting a chat initiated in the support page. Where are the admins and techs? Is Arlo even monitoring this community board?
I reset the whole system, the wifi router, the internet router, and the base station again today and still after 15 minutes, it stopped working.
My phones are connected to the 5 GHz wifi band and I have been testing it on my mobile phone’s cellular signals. Same thing with my laptop on the 5 GHz wifi.
Everything connected on the wifi router (e.g. AppleTV, phones, iPads) still works fine.
I'm having the same issue that all of you are having. I contacted Arlo and called back (3) times. The first incident was that the Arlo Rep was not listening to my issues. I hung up. The second rep and I went through the process of their script by unplugging the base units and plugging them back in, so on, so on and so on. I reset my router/modem numerous times. I explained to them that I couldn't even get onto the "Login" website. I explained to them that I beleived that it was on their end. Usually when I run into this issue, if it were an AT&T issue, I was, at least able to login onto the Arlo website, this time it was a no-go. The second rep told me that it was AT&T and that my "Ports" were not open. He told me to request AT&T to open ports, 80, 123 and 443. Once open, he said, that will fix the issue. I explained to this rep that, "If this doesn't work, what else can I try?" This rep said, "NO, this is the issue. Call AT&T to open those ports." I called AT&T and we went through and opened all the ports listed. But still no avail. I called back and spoke to the third rep. We went through the entire gambet again, numerous times. She made me uninstall both my base units since I have 9 cameras in various locations of my residence. We isolated by cell phone as a point of source to open the website and still no avail. We went through each of the base units removed them from the settings and still "NO INTERNET" is being attached to the base unit. I don't think it's AT&T. I think it's something on the Arlo end. Yet, again, Arlo is blaming the ISP's. They always are quick to shift the issues to someone else and not taking responsibility for possibly their mistake. It's frustrating and this entire process took about 3.5 hours of my time. What a waste!!! They told me that they would have a response within "48 hours". THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE!!!! I seriously predict that Arlo will be going out of business soon if they can't get better qualified Tech Support and get rid of these unknowledgable reps that "Represent NETGEAR/ARLO". It's just BAD BUSINESS.
The fact that a bunch of people spontaneously had the same symptom at the same time while never seeing it before suggests an Arlo problem. I put all my money on an Arlo problem.
So I’d just recommend either waiting it out or wait until this thread hits a few thousand comments and maybe someone from Arlo will respond.
Having the exact same issue. Can log into the social features (like this) but cannot actually log into the Arlo system on anything--desktop, laptop, or iPhone--if I am on wifi. Can log in using data, though, and all other internet function is working on all other devices
I'm on ATT Fiber and have the same exact problem as other people...
Going on since this morning. AT&T Fiber is my provider, and everything else seems fine except for Arlo. Can not access website (arlo.netgear.com) through browser (Chrome) nor my phone's app (IOS).
Internet light is also amber on base station.
This issue appears to be isolated to only ATT users. We're currently investigating the issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused. I will provide an update as soon as we have more information.
I did connect the base station straight into the ISP router (not the wifi) because I was oblivious to the fact that the base station has its proprietary wifi signal, and again it worked for about 15 to 20 minutes and now isn’t working anymore on both mobile and my laptop.
My base station’s online light isn’t amber either. It’s green but blinking intermittently.
So idk...there might be two issues going on at the same time.