Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Jmatteo
Follower
Follower

I just purchased a new iPhone and I keep receiving the unable to add trusted device error. I thought this was resolved months ago. The device is completely new, not reloaded from iCloud and I made a unique name for it as well so there is no duplication.

Best answers
  • Bill2314
    Aspirant
    Aspirant

Thank you. Deleting the application from settings and installing again worked.

• ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

@Allanwalsh

As a workaround, you can use the don't trust option to log in to the arlo app. 

• ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

Can you login by selecting don't trust? 

220 REPLIES 220
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

There was an update that should help with this issue. Please try updating your devices to the latest version of the Arlo Secure iOS app v4.3

Note: If you do not see the update you can try removing and re-installing the app.

celittle1
Aspirant
Aspirant

312B0045-C51A-40E6-8D3F-D17D4A529AF4.png

 I got a new iPhone three days ago and I have not gotten any notifications or been able to see any video since then, so I tried registering this device and it’s a device not trusted 😡

I’ve wasted half an hour of my time going through support with retarded questions that they ask. 
Why can I register my new phone????

This is bull

wanders70
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have had a lot of trouble registering more than one phone (business phone and personal phone) with one Arlo account. I have tried multiple steps but it fails on the "Trust Device"!

Scenario : From the Admin account, I send out an invite to "Create Account" [email] . On the other phone I receive the notice, create account, register my phone, and it asks "Trust Device".  Does not work, it states ... "... Try Again"

Now, unfortunately, when I went to select "Trust Device" , I selected "Do not Trust". Now, I cannot re-create an (scenario above). I now have to determine how to remove the account, so that I may try, yet again, to have the other phone pull the configuration/location information.

Any help on the above 2 items?

tia

Mini02
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have just switched my phone from iphone 10 to iphone 14 , but my arlo is not connecting to my new phone. 

HP_Skogstad
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello! I can't log in to the Arlo Secure app. When I try, the app "hangs" and nothing happens. Hope you can help me with what to do?

PSS
Initiate
Initiate

I recently purchased a new iphone and ARLO will not allow this device to be "trusted". any answers would be appreciated.

Karena_2019
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Arlo cameras will not trust my new iphone.  I continue to get an error.  Getting very frustrated and would like to get it resolved so I can access my cameras.

Karena_2019
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issues.  Why does something that should be easy be such a hassle.  I would like to get it resolved!

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @HP_Skogstad 

Are you still experiencing this issue?

karmaasb
Aspirant
Aspirant

What is the resolution for new iPhone Pro Max to be added as a trusted device? Phone has latest software 16.4.1, and I just updated the Arlo app.

Arlo Pro 3 

Mikata
Aspirant
Aspirant

April 25, 2023 - and I am experiencing the same issue.

Where are Arlo experts here???? Why aren't they providing support and answers to all these reports of issues when connecting new device to ARLO?

Mikata
Aspirant
Aspirant

Unfortunately, this did not work for me. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are we still experiencing this issue with the latest version of the iOS app v4.3.5?

Mikata
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, very much so! 
I was on the phone with Arlo tech support for 2 hours yesterday. They didn’t help AT ALL. Tried to convince me this was all because my home wifi was insufficient. I went ahead and upgraded my wifi (for a steep price) by two levels - still can’t get the app going on my brand new iPhone 13 (as a trusted device). 
This has now cost me hours and hours of my time and a huge hike in the price of the wifi package for my house. 

And I still can’t access my cameras from a phone without logging in every single time. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Mikata 

Thank you for the update, I have notified the team and I will report back as soon as possible. 

NajemVII
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi I am still facing this same issue!

I have an Iphone 14, tried to login no chance... keeps getting this orange error banner on top.

I can't add the phone as a trusted one since I am not able to login... and it's really frustrating...

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are we still experiencing this issue with the latest version of the Arlo app 4.6.1?

If you do not see this update available you can remove and re-install the app to force the update. 

newnandawg
Aspirant
Aspirant

ShaneS, thanks for your reply. Yes I am still experiencing the issue after that update.

MikeM

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@newnandawg Are you still experiencing this issue with iOS app v4.7.1?

newnandawg
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just updated my Arlo app and now “finally” I can tap on Trust this device and it will without issue. 

Frank277
Initiate
Initiate

Holly Crap 

I didn’t need to update the app it must have done it on its own. But now I can trust the device!😎