Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

IPhone 14 pro max unable to add to trusted devices

Jmatteo
Follower
Follower

I just purchased a new iPhone and I keep receiving the unable to add trusted device error. I thought this was resolved months ago. The device is completely new, not reloaded from iCloud and I made a unique name for it as well so there is no duplication.

Best answers
  • Bill2314
    Aspirant
    Aspirant

Thank you. Deleting the application from settings and installing again worked.

• ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

@Allanwalsh

As a workaround, you can use the don't trust option to log in to the arlo app. 

• ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

Can you login by selecting don't trust? 

220 REPLIES 220
MirandaCD
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the advice Danny but unfortunately it didn't work.

However, I now solved the issue from a tip on another thread ... i pressed the 'dont trust' button and it let me in and can now see all my cameras!!

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Thanks for the update, I had not realised that the 2fa had changed to not trusting instead.

AllUsedUp
Tutor
Tutor

Just had the exact same problem.  I did what you did and presto!  It worked.  Weird.

MirandaCD
Aspirant
Aspirant

I know ... go figure ... very strange but hey it worked!!

Sonyarfrancis
Aspirant
Aspirant

I cannot get Arlo to recognize my iPhone 14. How do I fix this?

Geraldine1
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’ve just bought a new phone and can’t work out how to transfer my Arlo across to the new device.

I keep trying to add my new phone as a trusted device but get the error “there was a problem trusting this device, try again”. Help please

IrynaP
Tutor
Tutor

This solution is not sustainable tho - I have the same issue and it drives me absolutely nuts. 
Unless I have a trusted device, I have to enter the passcode they sent me in the mail every time the all logs me out for some undogodly reason. That would have been ok but the second you go to your Arlo App to email to look at the code, the Arlo window for typing in the code disappears!!! Unless you have another device to revive the code, you’re unable to log in. Not OK. 

IrynaP
Tutor
Tutor

I have the same issue and my IPhone is 13 max. it’s been the issue for IOS 16.2.1 and with every iOS update it was still there. The issue was never resolved and your useless chat bot doesn’t even provide the option to reach out about technical support - how helpful is that?!

Deleting the app, cleaning caches  and reinstalling it back doesn’t help. 

There’s no way to contact  you via email about YOUR technical issue as well. It seems that the issue is persistent for many people, yet you still haven’t provided a valid solution and moreover there’s no way to report any technical issues to your team.  

This totally ruins my experience with Arlo.

I actually begin to think your app will not help me in the crisis situation because of this - it logs me out for no reason, and unless I have another device such as laptop with the access to my email right next to me I’m unable to log back in. 
I have an old iPhone I no longer use and have as a trusted device. To log in the app without the use of the trusted device I can choice the email code which would have been fine except when I leave Arlo app just to go to me email and see the code the app window for entering the code disappears!!

There is absolutely no way to log into the app while you only have your phone and no computer handy. This is so frustrating and ruins everting good about your products. 

many people have the trusted device issue -   provide your users who paid A LOT for your products  with REAL solution. Not to be able to report your technical issue and get help is absolutely unacceptable. 

thanks.

IrynaP
Tutor
Tutor

Hello,

Everyone, including me, in this thread just want to be able to add their phone as trusted device and not have any of these issues at all. 

the fact that there’s no solution posted to a simple very technical issue and no clear pass for users to get in touch with your technical team so they can fix it on individual basis is unacceptable. 

PatsandReds
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo will not accept my new I-14 phone as a trusted device. My wife recently got a new I-13 and is having the same issue. I am on ios 16.3.1........I had an I-8 before and it worked perfectly. Please advise. The local phone store said it was an Arlo issue. 

JB-user
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo account reguses to recognize IPhone 14 as a trusted device using app.  Went through web account and added device to the trusted list but login using device as secondary validation fails. Was working until ios update 16.3.1 . No way to contact Arlo regarding this. I hate their (non) support system.  

-Ukev-
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just got new iPhone and Arlo is having issues “Trusting” new device. Am I doing something wrong?

Rgaudet
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi

i am also having this issue with my new iPhone . What are my next steps. Thank you 

MPDamon
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes. Has never resolved itself. 

glostik
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Iphone app refuses to "trust" my phone to log on to my camera.

nealperkins
Guide
Guide

Ditto here with new iPad...is there a limit to the number?

Andersda2035
Aspirant
Aspirant

I can’t add my IPhone 14 Pro Max as a new device??

I just purchased the door bell and cannot connect with it.

SpiralOut
Star
Star

Best Answer:

This is the successful method to fix the problem of trusting your new device (e.g. iPhone) long-term.

There are two primary steps:

Part 1 - In the my Arlo web account, delete existing trusted devices from two-step verification in the account profile

Part 2 - On the iPhone, delete the Arlo Secure iOS app and all its data, then re-install the app

Follow these step by step instructions:

Part 1 - Delete existing trusted devices

1. Log in to my.Arlo.com account using a web browser
  2. Go to Settings
  3. Go to Profile in the Account section
  4. From the Arlo Account page, click on Two-Step Verification
  5. On the Two-Step Verification page, choose a different Primary Verification Method that is NOT "Trusted Devices" (e.g. SMS Message or Email Address) - note the check mark on the right side of the new option
  6. Click on Edit at the bottom of the page
  7. Note the red trash can icon to the right of the existing Trusted Devices
  8. Click the red trash can to remove the trusted device to be replaced (in my case there was only one item to remove)
  9. Log out from my Arlo

Part 2 - Remove (and delete data) and re-install the Arlo Secure iOS app

1. Open Settings on the iPhone
  2. Open General settings
  3. Open iPhone Storage
  4. Search for Arlo Secure in the app list and click on it
  5. Click "Delete App" to delete the app and all the related data from this iPhone
  6. Open the App Store
  7. Dowload and install the Arlo Secure: Home Security app
  8. That's it ... now open the Arlo Secure iOS app, log in, and follow the prompts to add the iPhone as a trusted device.

This method is demonstrated to work. I hope this helps you.

Caud
Tutor
Tutor

I was advised by an Arlo owner with same problem to tap on lower option - don’t trust this device. I tried that, and my Arlo immediately connected, and I was fine for a while. Then it did it again, wouldn’t let me check my cameras and then desperation, I updated the app so far so good.

But I agree that Arlo needs to fix this. Those of us who own Arlo systems invested in them, trusting to have usable systems, and it’s upsetting at night to find that your cameras won’t show up our plea is,,, fix it, Arlo

MirandaCD
Aspirant
Aspirant

Instead of pressing Trust ... press Don't Truss and it then works ... its bizarre but it works!

MirandaCD
Aspirant
Aspirant

As I said to the previous person, just press Dont Trust instead of Trust and it then lets you in!

MirandaCD
Aspirant
Aspirant

Instead of pressing Trust ... press Don't Trust and then it resolves the problem.  Strange i know but it works!

SpiralOut
Star
Star

My understanding is that clicking "Don't trust" bypasses the trust feature entirely, letting you in on a temporary basis and you'll need to regularly log in again time after time (because your device isn't actually trusted).

Removing your old device(s) from your trusted devices list clears the way so you can successfully click "Trust" and add your new device instead, actually using the trust feature - a long term fix for your new device. If you swap out your device again in the future, be sure to remove the old one from your trusted devices list so your new one can be added to your trusted devices list. Pairing this technique with re-installing the iOS app is a rock-solid way to trust your new device.

Rondo399
Aspirant
Aspirant

I got a new phone and when i tried to login I got the message that it doesn't recognize the device and sent a push notification to rondo. don't know where to find the push notification. it is not in my email, where else can I look ?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Rondo399 wrote:

don't know where to find the push notification. it is not in my email, where else can I look ?

Likely it's going to your old phone.

You can select another verification method, and then choose email.  Check the email on a nearby PC - that's easier than trying to switch apps on the phone.

Once in, try to trust the new phone.