Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Jmatteo
Follower
Follower

I just purchased a new iPhone and I keep receiving the unable to add trusted device error. I thought this was resolved months ago. The device is completely new, not reloaded from iCloud and I made a unique name for it as well so there is no duplication.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

There was an update that should help with this issue. Please try updating your devices to the latest version of the Arlo Secure iOS app v4.3

Note: If you do not see the update you can try removing and re-installing the app.

View solution in original post

Best answers
  • Bill2314
    Aspirant
    Aspirant

Thank you. Deleting the application from settings and installing again worked.

• ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

@Allanwalsh

As a workaround, you can use the don't trust option to log in to the arlo app. 

• ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

Can you login by selecting don't trust? 

220 REPLIES 220
Jdavis03
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have recently bought a new iPhone and cannot get my devices to trust my new phone. The two options I have for verification are via text or email. The text, even though I have the same phone number, is being sent to my “old” phone that has been reset and is not in my possession any longer. When I try the email verification I do not receive any emails regarding verification(yes, I have checked the junk mail as well). This is not a problem with my email account seeing as I receive emails constantly and have even received other Arlo specific emails, just not the verification email. Has anyone else had this issue?
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hey Jdavis03

I just escalated your case & someone from support will be reaching out to you as soon as possible. I have provided your escalations number here: 43124524

Mstauring
Tutor
Tutor

I recently upgraded to an iPhone 14. My account is a friend on Arlo. When I log into Arlo I receive a message that Arlo does not recognize my device. When I select a different device it still shows my iPhone 11.  I’ve deleted and reinstalled the app more times than I can count. I rebooted the phone several times. My husband deleted me as a user and reinvited me several times. Very frustrating 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Can you provide a screenshot of the error message. Do you have the latest version of the Arlo app and iOS on your device?

Mstauring
Tutor
Tutor

OS is 16.0.2

i upgraded from An iPhone 11 to a 14

I assume I have the latest Arlo version. I’ve deleted and reinstalled the app several times 

screen shot below. Also when I select another method, the iPhone 11 shows up and not the 14

Mstauring_0-1665778377556.png

Mstauring
Tutor
Tutor

This has been resolved. We reached out to Arlo tech support. Thank you 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thanks for the update.

Amieb918
Tutor
Tutor

Have same issue with my new iPhone 14pro. Please advise!

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Amieb918

May I ask which troubleshooting steps you have performed so far? I don't want to suggest anything you have previously performed.

Amieb918
Tutor
Tutor

I have deleted the app and downloaded new, changed password, refreshed browser, cleared cookies, restarted device. I can’t sign into my Arlo on my computer either, says same thing, so I can’t go there to access more help. Have done all they requested on chat. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Amieb918

This is a newly added phone correct? 

Amieb918
Tutor
Tutor

Yes got it yesterday, iPhone 14Pro 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried the "Try another verification method" option? 

GeauxTigers_Dan
Initiate
Initiate

How did you get number for Tech support ? Please help !

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@GeauxTigers_Dan wrote:

How did you get number for Tech support ? Please help !

You need a subscription for phone support.  The normal process is to go into the subscription area of the app, select a subscribed camera (doesn't matter which one).  Scroll down to "Contact" and you'll see a phone option.  

Don't google for a phone number, that doesn't work (and almost always leads to a scam support site).

What specific problem(s) are you having?

MPDamon
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same issue.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@MPDamon

Are you still experiencing this?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Do you happen to have a screenshot of the error message? 

Jingru
Initiate
Initiate

I have the same issue, and this is how it looks like. iOS 16.1.2 is my current operating system.

C53F6559-3E08-43ED-AFD0-EE9501B3DD2E.png

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

msazone
Luminary
Luminary

I am having the same issue for iPhone 14 Pro. iOS 16.1.2

The original post was 2 days ago and Arlo team was just investigating today.

jwk1949
Aspirant
Aspirant

Purchased a new iPad Pro and get a message from Arlo, “Add trusted device”. When I click on TRUST a message appears on my iPad that states, " There was a problem trusting this device, Try again”. Keep getting the same message over and over. Thanks 

msazone
Luminary
Luminary

Hi,

When will it be fixed? I can't view my security footages from my phone. This is a blocker. Is that possible I can downgrade my app?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Can you login by selecting don't trust?