Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How to set notification/alerts on one camera only and not all of them? Currently it's all or none?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
NCSF
Follower
Follower

I just want notifications/alerts on one camera only and not all of them. Currently it's either all or none. Can you update the firmware to allow alerts for each camera individually?

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@NCSF wrote:

I just want notifications/alerts on one camera only and not all of them. Currently it's either all or none. Can you update the firmware to allow alerts for each camera individually?

If you have a subscription, you can already do this.  Go into the smart notifications setting.  You can then select each camera and disable some (or all) of the smart notifications for it.

If you want to disable both notifications and recordings, you can create a custom mode that only has a rule for the desired camera, and use that mode. https://kb.arlo.com/42/What-are-modes-and-rules-and-how-does-Arlo-use-them

dcfox1
Master
Master

@NCSF  If you are using the default "armed mode" you can go to to rules for the cams you don't want and select "do nothing" for recordings if you do not want them and uncheck notifications and save. I have done that sometimes without creating a separate custom mode if you want. 

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation