Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 camera is not detecting motion or recording after 1.5 years. Tried swapping, etc.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Swimmer08
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've had my Arlo Pro 2 system for 1.5 yrs and all of a sudden 1 of the cameras isn't detecting motion or recording. I have the base station and 3 cameras. 2 of them seem to working fine. 1 of them just stopped working. I've tried swapping out cameras and it seems to be the location of where the camera is mounted. I've tried to move the base station closer to the 3rd camera  (it's less than 300 ft away) and it still will not detect motion or record. It was working fine up until about a month ago. I've already contacted Arlo supposed and they pretty much told me they can't replace it with a new camera so I have to replace it on my own. Any one else have this issue? How do these go bad in less than 2 years?! 

5 REPLIES 5
dcfox1
Master
Master

Why do you think it is a bad camera since you tried two cameras there the and said it was location. It probably is a signal problem or interference that changed for that location.  If bring the camera closer to the base does it make a difference?  Also how far from the mount is closer then 300 feet from base is it? 

Swimmer08
Aspirant
Aspirant

Do you know how to determine if it's a signal interference? The Arlo tech support didn't say anything about that. The camera is mounted about 80 ft from the base station. Do you have any suggestions on how to fix this? Like I said, it was working for over a year and all of a sudden it won't detect motion or record anymore. I also checked my.arlo.com like the Arlo tech support said and my.arlo.com didn't seem to update because I put a fully charged battery in the camera it's saying the camera is at 32% but the app says 100%.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Swimmer08 wrote:

Do you know how to determine if it's a signal interference? 

It's hard to tell for sure, since the interference might not be from wifi.

But if you use an Android phone, you can get a free wifi scanner app that will show you signal levels of various wifi devices within range of the phone.  You can run that scan near the base and near the camera.  Unfortunately Apple doesn't allow that application to run on iOS.

Dannybear
Master
Master
Regards the iOS wifi scanner, you could try using the airport utility app to scan for other wifi networks to see if there are channel conflicts. You will need to enable the wifi scanner option from the iPhone settings for the app but it will give you a idea of signal strength and channel numbers at real time.
ksss11
Luminary
Luminary

I have been having the battery issue for a month now. Site says, for example,  25% battery but I just replaced with full battery or I just got done charging camera all day. Then the next day it will read 100%. I have also had where I unplug the charge cord and it still shows the charging symbol for hours after I unplug it.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation