Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
DD4123
Aspirant
Aspirant

HOW DO I KEEP VIDEO INDEFINATELY?  IS THERE A WAY SO THEY DON'T ERASE

5 REPLIES 5
DD4123
Aspirant
Aspirant

HOW DO I KEEP VIDEO RECORDINGS INDEFINATELY?  THERE ARE CERTAIN ONES I NEED TO SAVE?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes - download them. 

DD4123
Aspirant
Aspirant

I APPRECIATE YOUR REPLY TO MY QUESTION.  THANK YOU

HOWEVER...I AM CLUELESS AS TO HOW TO DOWNLOAD.  CAN YOU PLEASE OFFER DETAIL INSTRUCTIONS IF YOU HAVE TIME?  I DON'T KNOW IF I NEED A DIFFERENT PLAN  I HAVE TRIED DOWNLOAD FROM PHONE & I GET MSG" I NEED TO ALLOW ACCESS TO STORAGE TO DOWNLOAD MEDIA. HOW IS THIS DONE?" 

BTW I ALWAYS TYPE IN CAPS...I AM NOT YELLING...THANK YOU FOR UNDERSTANDING

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It would be nice etiquette to NOT use caps. It's actually harder to read.

Use the library tab and either select a video or view it and use the download selection (you may need to use the 3 dot menu selection to see this). You also need to have all permissions in the phone settings for the app allowed so access is allowed to save the file. How you do this depends on whether you're on iOS or Android.

mde8965
Aspirant
Aspirant
Another alternative is to plug a hard drive in the back of the base unit. Turn on the external stroage option in settings for the base, and turn off the auto overwrite selection. Then every now and then check the status of the external hard drive in the Arlo app to make sure it has plenty of capacity left. When the drive gets down to 10% capacity or so, consider unplugging it and plugging in a new one.
Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation