Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Is your live view lag worse, lately?

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
RChobby
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

For some reason live view on my Pro2 cameras are horribly lagged, especially during the last 2 days.  Nothing new in my system, laggy via both PC (web) and iphone.  I have extermely fast internet service at my house.

Anyone else noticing a decrease in performance?

8 REPLIES 8
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @RChobby

Have you tried to reboot the cameras by removing the battery & reinstalling them? 

Sharonbc
Guide
Guide
Just bought and installed the pro 2 base station and two cameras. Updated firm ware.

Terrible lag! As in minutes. I am watching video of hubby stoking our out door wood burner. Meanwhile, he is walking into the house!

Very disappointed in this aspect of the system.

Sharon, on BC
Orrfamily
Apprentice
Apprentice
Just started car recording and it lags. And just today I can’t look live at this camera either way.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What's your upload speed as measured by speedtest.net? Also, what's the latency?

RChobby
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Upload 13 Mbps
DL 235 Mbps
Ping 13ms
Jitter 3ms
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No issues there although because these cameras are cloud-based any slowdown anyplace in the World Wide Wait can cause this to happen, regardless of your local speed.

Try rebooting your router and base, in that order to see if that improves anything.

Sharonbc
Guide
Guide
Download is at best 6, upload .8

Still a pretty terrible lag. But we receive motion notifications right away. Very happy with the system aside from the video lag.
Thank you for any help.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The .8Mbps upload speed is likely your issue - the minimum spec is for 1Mbps and higher is better since the camers can swap that bandwidth easily.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation