Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
omez99
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi I have three Arlo Pro 2 cameras and just added the Arlo doorbell, took advantage of the Ring tradein deal.

As I was adding the doorbell, I also added the solar panel/chargers to two of my Arlo Pro 2 cameras, because they are in difficult to reach locations when batteries would die.

The solar chargers are working great, with both cameras remaining at 100% charge since I installed them.  However, the night vision views and recordings are now very poor quality.  Previously, all three Arlo Pro 2's had acceptable night quality.

Now of the three the one without the solar charger added is the only one with decent night quality.  

I searched a bit and find references to hazy quality so verified the following:

1) the cameras have not been moved at all, nor do they appear dirty.  In fact I cleaned them when charging them up prior to adding the solar chargers, and then placed them back exactly where they were before.

2) I've verified the settings on all three Arlo Pro 2's are exactly the same

Any ideas out there?... before I make the climb to disconnect the solar on one of them to see if the issue goes away..

I'd rather not as that was the reason to add the solar to begin with, to avoid having to keep going up where they are.  Thanks in advance for any help.

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Make sure however the solar panel is , it is not reflecting the night time IR illumination...

anything to close to the cameras ir and it will bounce back and wash out picture

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
omez99
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks @TomMac, but they are pretty far from the cameras, not at all in their line of sight.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you using skins on the cameras? The hood sometimes causes reflection of the IR LEDs.

omez99
Aspirant
Aspirant
nope
omez99
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m out of town at moment but next time I have a chance will climb up and try and adjust to see if can come to a conclusion. Thanks all.
Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation