Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Base station weekly offline VMB4500

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
JayRay
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi,

My base station goes offline every 7 days over a month from new and I need some help or pointers.

I’m using 5 Pro 2 cameras without a problem. It’s just I notice the single light goes from blue to flashing orange. The base is connected by a 1 metre Ethernet cable that came with it.

Also noticed that on the last occasion I was logged out if the iOS app. After I logged in, the base logged itself in for once. My internet is fine and fast.

This is the 2nd base station as the original died as technical support were resetting for the same issue (every 3 days offline) and it died/locked up!

I want a non maintenance system! Not pull the plug every week!

Tempted to get a full refund.
4 REPLIES 4
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @JayRay

I would suggest to contact the Support Team to further investigate the issue. i would let them know the new base station is performing the same as the faulty one.  Would you like me to create a case for you?

JayRay
Aspirant
Aspirant
Apparently it’s my WiFi from router to base station according to support.

I told support I used the Ethernet. They went quiet.
They don’t know - yet!

They will monitor.

I will get a 3rd base station and then a refund.
JayRay
Aspirant
Aspirant
I think I found the issue.

On my latest 4th new base station, it’s the only one I have not plugged in a local storage usb stick key in.
The base station is working fine.

Thing is, will my old base stations work properly once they update themselves e.g. is this a software glitch or a hardware short?
JayRay
Aspirant
Aspirant
Drat, it went offline by itself.

So not the usb.

It’s been escalated by technical support.
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation