Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
mac82gyver
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am getting a message that there is a maximum of 5 cameras streaming anf I need to stop one in order yo get a live view of what my cameras are seeing. I have been able to pull up all 8 at one time but now this is all I can get I am attaching a screen shot of what the message actually says. Can anyone advise what to do to fix this and has also changed something I am unaware of ? This just started tonight 20 March 2020

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The development team has deployed a fix resolving this issue. Please let us know if you are still experiencing this behavior.

JamesC

View solution in original post

60 REPLIES 60
mac82gyver
Aspirant
Aspirant
Screen,shot for above post
raliyev
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm getting same error and I only have 3 cameras. Nobody else streaming at the moment and there is no recordings of activities in the last 3 hours

mac82gyver
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am wondering if the arlo system is being updated or something
Jacoba
Guide
Guide

Im getting this error message on two separate base stations at remote house, Is there an issue with cloud? Maximum of 5 camera streams are supported simultaneously. Please stop one stream before starting another camera stream.

mac82gyver
Aspirant
Aspirant
Ok update I have deleted and reloaded the app, reatarted my phone and unplugged and replugged the power cord on the base station and still getting the same message. Anyone have any more suggestions to try
Gem435
Star
Star
Getting an error this morning ,
Maximum of five streaming, stop one streaming before starting another one. Already rebooted base. Does not help.
Gem435
Star
Star
Getting same error this morning. Hopefully it's some update.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try logging out and back in.

Gem435
Star
Star
Did that.
mareb
Initiate
Initiate

I am getting the same message and I also am not able to live stream at all and while I continue to receive notifications, nothing is recorded in my library and I have a paid subscription.

shaolin95
Apprentice
Apprentice

Same for me here. It started this morning. 
It better be a simple fix cause if I were away from home and it requires physical access to the cameras, this would be unacceptable and the last nail on the coffin for me to sell all the Arlo stuff. That is why I have some Wyze cameras around as backup...I should be able to trust my security system. I don't think that is too much to ask, is it?

shaolin95
Apprentice
Apprentice

I am with chat support. It was going nowhere so I had the case escalated.

The support was upsetting to say the least specially the last message:

"

• By the way, please be informed that your concern is not an issue here in Arlo.

• Please know that you can stream simultaneously from a maximum of five Arlo cameras that are connected to a single base station. To start streaming the sixth camera, you must pause one of the active streams."

I lost count how many times I said I had TWO cameras only..how is it possible for me to stream more than 5 cameras when I only own 2??? Plus I provided the link of this thread too so she could see it was not JUST me. It all started today for more people.
    Seriously that pissed me off.
    Hope the Level 2 support is better or I am selling all this.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

The development team is investigating reports of this issue. We'll provide an update as soon as we have more information.

shaolin95
Apprentice
Apprentice

thank you. As long as it does not require physical access to the cameras to fix, I will be fine.

ToutHater76
Tutor
Tutor

When I try to watch any of my cameras live streaming, I get a message that says, "Maximum of 5 camera streams are supported simultaneously. Please stop one stream before starting another camera stream."

None of the cameras are streaming, and nothing has recorded since last night.

andoman33
Aspirant
Aspirant

I received the same message as listed above with only having 2 cameras in my system.  I tried everything listed in the other comments.  Last resort was to remove the cameras from my system and add them back into the system.  This appears to work, I now am able to live stream and now getting video captures when the camera is tripped.  Will monitor to see if this occurs again, but for now my system is back up and running.

ToutHater76
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you.  I will try that.

shaolin95
Apprentice
Apprentice

I sure hope they find a better solution because I would have to pay a handyman to go to my outdoor  camera so is not acceptable 😕

ToutHater76
Tutor
Tutor

Worked like a charm.  Thank you.

Shardae
Aspirant
Aspirant
Experiencing the same issue and message despite only having 2 cameras, nothing saved in library, no live stream & the footage seems to flash/switch between a still-shot and black again. What's going on???
raliyev
Aspirant
Aspirant

Removing and readding  one of the cameras fixes the issue.

shanapadilla
Initiate
Initiate
Same issue here started late last night. On 3 different systems. And I truly hope the official solution is not remove and re add camera. Two are remote locations and we are on state wide lock down.
Gem435
Star
Star
Ok,we are back except for not been able to see recordings from today, we set it to armed, and have alerts but no recording
Gem435
Star
Star
Working now!