Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Getting error message of maximum of 5 cameras streaming and need to stop one in order to live view

Discussion stats
mac82gyver
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am getting a message that there is a maximum of 5 cameras streaming anf I need to stop one in order yo get a live view of what my cameras are seeing. I have been able to pull up all 8 at one time but now this is all I can get I am attaching a screen shot of what the message actually says. Can anyone advise what to do to fix this and has also changed something I am unaware of ? This just started tonight 20 March 2020

60 REPLIES 60
7251239ES
Tutor
Tutor
Give it some time, they're probably still working on it. Mine are up and running now as of 10am...
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

We're aware that some users are experiencing an error message that inaccurately indicates more than 5 cameras are being streamed in addition to not receiving recordings for those cameras. The development team is actively investigating these reports and working on a resolution.

You can check on the latest status of Arlo’s systems anytime by visiting: https://status.arlo.com/

JamesC

dcfox1
Master
Master

The grass isn't always greener. I had Ring Products and tried Arlo. Much less problems now and obvious features that u would expect that ring doesn't have and people complain about the lack of .

Their canned response is also reset the camera or reinstall the app.

Cotter
Tutor
Tutor

I agree DCFox1.  We have the Ring Alarm system with two Video door bells and one stick up camera.  The stick up camera has been a disappointment, but the everything else has bee pretty good.  I have two of the Wyze cams, and for the price.  They have been pretty good.  I also have 4 Vimtag cams that are good, but only for inside.  Arlo has some advantages over the others, and that is why I have so many of them.  All in all, they are my favorite, but lately, the problems have been too frequent, especially considering the cost.  Just my 2 cents.

dcfox1
Master
Master

Agree Cotter, I have been lucky and not have a problem till this afternoon and I rebooted the smart hub and all came back on mabey I am just lucky.  Yea I had the ring stick up cam and a lot of problems with them dropping off line and having to reset each camera. 

Srdr
Initiate
Initiate

Same issue for the last 2 days or so. Just wanted to add one more data point. I have a single base station with 8 cameras (mix of Pro and Pro 2).

Srdr
Initiate
Initiate

And it just started working without me doing anything..

coprolite
Aspirant
Aspirant

Mine is still not working and is still giving me the same dumb message "maximum of 5 cameras streaming".  Tried rebooting and all the other suggestions.  Very frustrating!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The development team has deployed a fix resolving this issue. Please let us know if you are still experiencing this behavior.

JamesC

GeckospotNixie
Guide
Guide
mac82gyver
Aspirant
Aspirant
Well I have all cameras back online streaming live feed and recording. Have gotten the two cameras that I removed added back and they too are live streaming and recording. By removing the two cameras it seemed to solve the issue my other 6 cameras started to live stream and record. Not sure of that solved my issue or if Arlo solved the issue at their end since mine was solved about the time they finally decided to dig into the issue from their end. Long as this does not become a recurring problem its cool but if it does I'll be selling this system and looking a replacement