Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

bizco
Follower
Follower

Hello. I recently installed two Arlo Pro 2 cameras. They appear to be working properly, however, when I access live view from a Mac laptop or desktop running OS 10.13.6, I am able to see the full view when the screen is minimized, but when I expand the view, only bottom half of camera frame appears: the bottom half of the camera frame moves up and the bottom half of the computer screen is blank (see image, below). I tried resetting the base station and removing, restarting, and reassociating the cameras, with no change in what's displayed. I do not have this issue with the expanded view on an iPhone running iOS12.0.1. How can I resolve this problem? -- Thanks.

Expanding view reduces display areaExpanding view reduces display area

116 REPLIES 116
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Our development team is still investigating this issue. We will make sure to update the community once we have more information to share. We appreciate your patience and understanding once again.

David123456
Tutor
Tutor

Adding Insult to Injury?  I just logged in to Arlo - I have over $800 worth of their cameras and am paying them $100 a year for the access plan.  I couldn't log in without Agreeing to their new terms of service!  Did I have a choice?  Would they refund the part of the $100 unused?  What about the hardware?

It's normal for many software vendors to do this type of "live or die" update to their terms, but in this case we are talking about a hardware vendor.  Without access to their software I can't use the hardware so this type of demand of acceptance is inapprorpriate and wrong in this case.  Did any of you read the new policies and follow the links?  I didn't - it would have taken a lot of time from my work and I'm not a lawyer or a privacy advocate.  I doubt any of you did either.  The terms may be benign  - maybe - but I don't know.

If I will  be forced to accept software terms or lose the use of $800 worth of equipment I will definitely be looking for another product.  There are others, they just don't have the wide market penetration that Arlo has.

Of course the website issues that we've been talking about still aren't fixed.

Your thoughts?

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@David123456 wrote:

Adding Insult to Injury?  I just logged in to Arlo - I have over $800 worth of their cameras and am paying them $100 a year for the access plan.  I couldn't log in without Agreeing to their new terms of service!  Did I have a choice?  Would they refund the part of the $100 unused?  What about the hardware?

It's normal for many software vendors to do this type of "live or die" update to their terms, but in this case we are talking about a hardware vendor.  Without access to their software I can't use the hardware so this type of demand of acceptance is inapprorpriate and wrong in this case.  Did any of you read the new policies and follow the links?  I didn't - it would have taken a lot of time from my work and I'm not a lawyer or a privacy advocate.  I doubt any of you did either.  The terms may be benign  - maybe - but I don't know.

If I will  be forced to accept software terms or lose the use of $800 worth of equipment I will definitely be looking for another product.  There are others, they just don't have the wide market penetration that Arlo has.

Of course the website issues that we've been talking about still aren't fixed.

Your thoughts?

Any system that requires authentication and use of a cloud server presents a risk that the company will cease support for your devices or go out of business.  If you want independence, you have to choose a systen that records locally or to some number of third party sites, so you have options.  If the system is tethered, you are committed and they are not.

RichardGM
Guide
Guide

I'm sorry, but exactle HOW have you been "UPDATING" the community on this issue? I have been stunned by the silence of any sort of response or have I and hundreds of other people missed these updates. I see you have now fixed the issue after several weeks. This has been a very poor example of good public relations to people who have bought your product.  

deltic99
Aspirant
Aspirant

When viewing my cameras on https://arlo.netgear.com/#/cameras on my pc, I get the option to go full screen but when i open it, the camera fills the top half of the screen and is zoomed in. How do i get it to be truely full screen?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

during live view, go tothe mag glass and try to UNzoom the picture

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Wiggler
Aspirant
Aspirant

Mine is working again. It looks like they fixed it. 

jvoskuil
Tutor
Tutor

I'm thankful on this Thanksgiving Day for the fixes! The fullscreen view and the Mode editing buttons are working again.

Here's hoping for improved regression testing before further changes are made in the future.

David123456
Tutor
Tutor

Yes, the expanding screen is fixed, as well as the ability to edit and create modes.  At the same time there was an info box aobut a new feature to identify packages.  However, it seems that rather than just fix our problem 2 or 3 weeks ago that they waited until there was an update that they wanted to push out to the community - the new package recognition feature.  It makes me feel that fixing our problem was not important to them but was part of the larger package of promoting a new feature.  The half-screen was a problem - not being able to edit and create new modes was a serious problem.

deltic99
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks TomMac but that didnt work, the zoom was at zero, its funny how the picture does not fill the entire pc screen only the top half with the bottom being white

John_Ri
Guide
Guide

For those who have had the half screen problem go away, did you have to do anything?  Since the comments began showing up about it being fixed, I have restarted the base unit, but still have the half screen problem.

ShaneLee
Luminary
Luminary

Either clear your cache in Safari, or you can try to force a refresh. You can try this first. In the safari address bar, Hold down the Option Key and right-click the page reload button. Select "Reload Page from Origin". See if that helps you. It had nothing to do with the base unit, but poor CSS coding of the website. 

John_Ri
Guide
Guide

@ShaneLee wrote:

Either clear your cache in Safari, or you can try to force a refresh. You can try this first. In the safari address bar, Hold down the Option Key and right-click the page reload button. Select "Reload Page from Origin". See if that helps you. It had nothing to do with the base unit, but poor CSS coding of the website. 

The hold down optionkey, and right click page reload route worked for me.  

Thank you!

1JC
Aspirant
Aspirant
As do I, still have the 1/2 screen in live mode on MacBook Pro.
John_Ri
Guide
Guide

@1JC wrote:
As do I, still have the 1/2 screen in live mode on MacBook Pro

Have youtried Shane's recommendation at comment 109 yet?.

It did clear it up for me. 

Uhly101
Guide
Guide

mine works now, hopefully it sticks, thanks

ShaneLee
Luminary
Luminary

The stupidity is astounding... They actually took the time to set a version parameter to their favicon, but couldn't be bothered to do it to the CSS so people wouldn't have this problem. 

You notice on the favicon link, they addded "?=2.6.1"

<link rel="icon" type="image/x-icon" href="favicon.ico?v=2.6.1" sizes="16x16">

They could have done a simple ?v=2 to the css link and the browser would have updated the CSS in your cache, but I guess it wasn't worth typing the extra 4 characters.

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="2.6.1/css/index.min.css">

This is all it would have taken:

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="2.6.1/css/index.min.css?v=2">